“Not worth the bother!”

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Framingham, ma
“Not worth the bother!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have stayed in Aruba many time in many and the Mill has always caught my eye. This vacation we decided to try it...don't bother. We should have known when our first impression was of a very unfriendly man at the frount desk. Our room was ok, clean , bath fine, but when we opened the door to te balcony there was a stream going by our room of raw sewerage. The smell was horrible.We went to the bar for a drink while we waited for a new room, the bartender was a gruff man who could hardly take our order. We did get anther room but it was not much better. I found that they seemed to cater to Europeans much better than Americans, I saw that becasue everyone was very friendly when speaking to people in anther languge but when you spoke enlish to them they were rude.
We stayed the nights and moved to anther hotel. Don't bother waisting your time at the Mill when Aruba has so many great places to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank dddogs4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent recently seven nights at The Mill Resort and we liked it very much. It was nice and cosy place to stay, not luxurious but good. Our room (with a kitchen) was very spacious and clean. The pool area was good. The Mill Resort is not at the beach but it was just few minutes walk away. We got our room at very reasonable price so it was absolutely worth of every penny - and much more! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katja520
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have read so many negative reviews about the Mill on here that I thought I would give my short story. It is PERFECT, Great staff, fast check in. Service and staff so very kind and generous. From Lobby to Bar to Mini Market, all are so welcoming and kind. Clean beautiful room. Always fresh linens and everything you need. The beach is right across the street.. I go to Aruba twice a year, this is my first time staying at the Mill and will always now be where I stay. Can not beat the price, I loved it! Thank YOU for giving me a home away from home! I love my beautiful Aruba. So give this place a chance. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Ask for remodel room as they are doing this to all of them! Pool view is great as well
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank JennsBluVisage
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We booked the Mill Resort and Suites at the last minute and were very surprised by the unfriendly demeanor of the associates at the resort. They made you feel as though you were a bother to them. We were quite surprised by this as the reviews indicated that the staff were very pleasant. The room we were provided was updated and very nice. We stopped for a drink at the bar Saturday when we arrived and attempted to have a conversation with the bartender about the island. He would have nothing to do with our questions etc and basically blew us off. We were very taken back as bartenders are normally kind to their patrons.

Overall, the rooms are nice, the staff not so much. I would look at a different establishment if you would like kind, friendly service.

Room Tip: Request an updated room. We stayed in 221A which was nice and quiet. The pool area can be very lou...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Philip S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was staying at another hotel and some friends and I needed a change of scenery. So what was supposed to be some drinks for Happy Hour turned into a full night of dinner and drinks. We went on a Wednesday which is all-u-can eat BBQ from 6-10. It was scrumptious. The girls were ordering all kinds of island drinks and they approved. Me a beer drinker could not complin about ice cold Corona. We were served by Milena and Nelson the bartender. They did an excellent job keeping us happy and full. Would recommend anytime. BTW, their breakfast buffet was good also.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ALPHA06
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We only stayed one day at The Mill, but the staff were very polite, attentive, and helpful. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again. However, skip the spa--I found a coupon for the "Bon Bini" one hour massage and one hour facial ($125 for both, pretty good deal), but maybe book at one of the other hotels where this is offered (Intermezzo Day Spa, it was in a few different resorts). The therapist was a very nice, polite, and well-meaning therapist, but I don't know that she had any professional certification. It was like getting a massage from my husband (or other completely untrained person), wayyy too fast of movements and lacked direction; she was just all over the place and it was kind of awkward. She used about six ounces of massage oil, too, squirting it all over my back, arms, and legs; so much that I had to wipe myself down with the sheets before leaving (was worried I'd slip and break something, honestly) and still showered as soon as I got back to my other hotel. The facial was also iffy, she kept pressing the cotton balls on my eyes and burning liquid would drip into my eyes. But, by going for the massage/facial, I got a chance to check out the hotel and decided to book it for the bonus night we had in Aruba--the spa deal worked to get us in the building! Although this review is pretty negative, The Mill was just great and I have no complaints about any of the rest of the hotel: restaurant, pool, staff, they were all spot-on. Well, except for the weird bathrooms, that was awkward, too, but that's it! Definitely loved the three pool areas: 1.5' kiddie pool was just what we needed!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank k8inthesun
Sweden, Maine
Reviewed 6 June 2013

First, this review is overdue-We stayed at the Mill from April 27th through May 4th. When we arrived we found out that somehow our reservation got messed up. We arrived Saturday but our hotel reservations were not until Sunday, oh well, at least we were in Aruba! We explained to the receptionist at the front desk (Kerry Ann) what happened and asked if she could help. they appeared to be very busy, but somehow she found us a room - Kudos to Kerry Ann! She knows how to deliver customer service; make sure you keep her on the front desk! We love the cafe/bar staff - Rosa, Nelson, Juan, Linda, & Alicia, and I'm sorry I just can't remember the rest of the names. This was our third stay and we have noted the improvemnents made to the facility. Renovated rooms and a full facelift with a new coat of paint, very nice indeed.

The location of the Mill is perfect for walking to the High rise area, beach or to catch a bus downtown. We think they give great value with a fun and helpful smile.

Room Tip: It's Aruba, all the rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba? Share your experiences!