“Well not a perfect hotel, but comfortable!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Oranjestad, Aruba
“Well not a perfect hotel, but comfortable!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Well first off im a local here in aruba. and I like staying in different hotels so that I can find out how the true service is... well I stayed in the mill a couple off tyears ago, but when I stayed the last time it changed allot we made a reservation for a specific room but ended up in a different room. the Restaurant staff were very unfriendly! beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff that we had the days we stayed there were very nice! she was the nicest in all off them and then the guy who checked us out were friendly and the manager was friendly too but the Other staff Well I don't know how they got the job....

well my personal comment is that most off the hotels should employ younger staff member and teach them how tourism should be! cause I personally work at a restaurant that gets lots off tourists (people outside off the states) well so I know how basically know how tourism works and how to treat people and the only staff who knew were our housekeeper!

Well as a local my Recommendation is stay at a pricier hotel!

Other hotels :
LaCabana
Tropicana
Marriott
Amstardam minor

PS: Its a good hotel if you just need some place to stay and ig your out the whole day perfect place to sleep at night but service is pretty bad I hope they start a training on how to give hospitality to tourists!

Room Tip: Pool Side best Choice on ground floor are nice for children and 2nd floor are more for adults or qui...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Johny P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Framingham, ma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have stayed in Aruba many time in many and the Mill has always caught my eye. This vacation we decided to try it...don't bother. We should have known when our first impression was of a very unfriendly man at the frount desk. Our room was ok, clean , bath fine, but when we opened the door to te balcony there was a stream going by our room of raw sewerage. The smell was horrible.We went to the bar for a drink while we waited for a new room, the bartender was a gruff man who could hardly take our order. We did get anther room but it was not much better. I found that they seemed to cater to Europeans much better than Americans, I saw that becasue everyone was very friendly when speaking to people in anther languge but when you spoke enlish to them they were rude.
We stayed the nights and moved to anther hotel. Don't bother waisting your time at the Mill when Aruba has so many great places to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank dddogs4

Travellers are raving about these Palm - Eagle Beach hotels

Oulu, Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent recently seven nights at The Mill Resort and we liked it very much. It was nice and cosy place to stay, not luxurious but good. Our room (with a kitchen) was very spacious and clean. The pool area was good. The Mill Resort is not at the beach but it was just few minutes walk away. We got our room at very reasonable price so it was absolutely worth of every penny - and much more! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katja520
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have read so many negative reviews about the Mill on here that I thought I would give my short story. It is PERFECT, Great staff, fast check in. Service and staff so very kind and generous. From Lobby to Bar to Mini Market, all are so welcoming and kind. Clean beautiful room. Always fresh linens and everything you need. The beach is right across the street.. I go to Aruba twice a year, this is my first time staying at the Mill and will always now be where I stay. Can not beat the price, I loved it! Thank YOU for giving me a home away from home! I love my beautiful Aruba. So give this place a chance. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Ask for remodel room as they are doing this to all of them! Pool view is great as well
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank JennsBluVisage
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We booked the Mill Resort and Suites at the last minute and were very surprised by the unfriendly demeanor of the associates at the resort. They made you feel as though you were a bother to them. We were quite surprised by this as the reviews indicated that the staff were very pleasant. The room we were provided was updated and very nice. We stopped for a drink at the bar Saturday when we arrived and attempted to have a conversation with the bartender about the island. He would have nothing to do with our questions etc and basically blew us off. We were very taken back as bartenders are normally kind to their patrons.

Overall, the rooms are nice, the staff not so much. I would look at a different establishment if you would like kind, friendly service.

Room Tip: Request an updated room. We stayed in 221A which was nice and quiet. The pool area can be very lou...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Philip S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was staying at another hotel and some friends and I needed a change of scenery. So what was supposed to be some drinks for Happy Hour turned into a full night of dinner and drinks. We went on a Wednesday which is all-u-can eat BBQ from 6-10. It was scrumptious. The girls were ordering all kinds of island drinks and they approved. Me a beer drinker could not complin about ice cold Corona. We were served by Milena and Nelson the bartender. They did an excellent job keeping us happy and full. Would recommend anytime. BTW, their breakfast buffet was good also.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ALPHA06
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We only stayed one day at The Mill, but the staff were very polite, attentive, and helpful. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again. However, skip the spa--I found a coupon for the "Bon Bini" one hour massage and one hour facial ($125 for both, pretty good deal), but maybe book at one of the other hotels where this is offered (Intermezzo Day Spa, it was in a few different resorts). The therapist was a very nice, polite, and well-meaning therapist, but I don't know that she had any professional certification. It was like getting a massage from my husband (or other completely untrained person), wayyy too fast of movements and lacked direction; she was just all over the place and it was kind of awkward. She used about six ounces of massage oil, too, squirting it all over my back, arms, and legs; so much that I had to wipe myself down with the sheets before leaving (was worried I'd slip and break something, honestly) and still showered as soon as I got back to my other hotel. The facial was also iffy, she kept pressing the cotton balls on my eyes and burning liquid would drip into my eyes. But, by going for the massage/facial, I got a chance to check out the hotel and decided to book it for the bonus night we had in Aruba--the spa deal worked to get us in the building! Although this review is pretty negative, The Mill was just great and I have no complaints about any of the rest of the hotel: restaurant, pool, staff, they were all spot-on. Well, except for the weird bathrooms, that was awkward, too, but that's it! Definitely loved the three pool areas: 1.5' kiddie pool was just what we needed!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,123 reviews
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews

Been to The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba? Share your experiences!