“Couldn't have been better!!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Princeton,NJ
“Couldn't have been better!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was just a perfect vacation and a beautiful hotel. We stayed May 23-29th, we are a family of five so took advantage of their 2 bedroom Trinitaria Suite. The suite was huge and beautifully appointed. All suites have Club level access which was wonderful. The food options were just right and the staff was amazing.
The grounds are lush and tropical. Our kids, 17,13 and 12, enjoyed the parrots, loved the pool and really had fun on the water slide. The beach is simply spectacular. We didn't deal with waking up early to get a palapa. We rented one in advance for $35/day. For us it was worth every penny. A special thanks to Audey for his prompt email response and honoring our request for a palapa near the shore line. Each morning your palapa was set up with chairs, towels and floats. The beach staff work really hard and make every effort to remember your name. Juan was a pleasure to see every morning! Water sports are at your finger tips on the beach to the left of the hotel. The people who run it are kind and easy to work with. We walked down the beach to Vela water sports one day to go wind surfing. They are located next to the Marriott Stellaris. Wind surfing in Aruba is something everyone should try. The stretch of beach where you can surf is absolutely breath taking. And the tradewinds make for a wonderful experience.
The housekeeping staff was also great! Everyday, Idelia had our room cleaned early and fully stocked. If we ran into her in the hallway and always asked if everything was okay and if we needed anything. Really nice personal touch.
We ate lunch everyday at the hotel and found all the restaurants to be above average. Our favorite was the Palms which is oceanfront. There are so many amazing restaurants you can't help but have a great meal. A few of our favorites were Madame Jeanette's, Wacky Wahoo's and Texas de Brazil.
After reading some of the reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. All I can say is some people are just hard to please. The only bad thing about Aruba is........... having to leave!! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Regency Club rooms and suites are fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm and positive comments about Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, and Spa. We are delighted to hear that you and your family has such a great time at our resort. We truly appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you once again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Hyatt Regency Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Aruba for our Honeymoon. From the moment we stepped onto the property, we were taken back by the beauty of the resort and the friendliness of the staff. The gentleman that checked us in was extremely friendly and gave us all the appropriate items we needed for our stay. I don't remember his name, but he was very friendly.

Check-in was a breeze, room service was also very accommodating and then there was the ladies at the concierge. Florence and Paola were absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and got me anything I needed at anytime and made sure it happened quickly and efficiently. Florence was the first concierge that I worked with and she was such a pleasure. So friendly and sweet. I almost wanted to visit the concierge for fun because they were full of information and were willing to make any reservation we needed. Paola was extremely friendly as well. She and I had conversation about travel to the states among other things. She was so nice and accommodating. You can tell that they both love their jobs and they each deserve recognition.

As for the wait staff, there were so many amazing waiters, bartenders and bar backs. Mario, Leo, Raul, Angelo, Orlando and Roberto all should be recognized for their friendliness, warmth and truly professional service that they provided. These guys truly made our stay that much better. My husband and I enjoyed going to the pool every morning, afternoon and evening just to see who would be waiting on us. They were all a blast to talk to and get to know. We probably would have gone to lie on the beach more, but because we loved talking to all of these guys at the Balashi pool bar and at the Palms Beach Bar, we stayed in the pool area. Also they made amazing drinks and always waited on us right away. My husband and I even had our own spacial drink we liked and every single one of them knew how to make it!! We were sad to leave these guys and because of them will come back to stay at the Hyatt very soon.

I can't say enough good things about The Hyatt Regency Aruba. Every single employee made us feel special and like we were at home. We love Aruba and will definitely be coming back to visit very soon.I hope that all of these staff members get recognized for their dedication and exceptional service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your experience with our wonderful Concierge and Balashi bar team. We value your patronage and insightful comments and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please know that we will pass along your comments to the associates, so that they may also enjoy your comments.

Thank you again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Management
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have to say I guess if you never expect anything you will never be disappointed , I expected the BEST being "The Hyatt" You would think so right? The only People I found to be very welcoming and helpful were the people in the breakfast buffet area, and the woman xiomera at the front desk, other than that , they could careless that you are a guest at their hotel. Unless you have a suite I have a feeling they cater more to the people with the suites.. We had the "ocean/Island room , it was ok. The ocean did seem to have some type of slime at the bottom and I think that has something to do with all the boats idling in the water . Once you go on the beach I feel like they dont have waitress service till 12 or you have to hunt for someone or they only have one person helping everyone..oh and 55 bucks for breakfast every morning was a little rediculous!. I just feel for the amount of money people spend to stay at a 5 star hotel should get treated like they are staying at a 5 star hotel! We will not be staying there again we probably will try the Marriot next time we go .

Room Tip: Ocean Island view is the side of the building with partial ocean and buildings and other hotels on t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kim m
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. We value the feedback of our guests as they help us improve. I apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person about your overall experience.

I was pleased to see that you received excellent service from the staff in the breakfast restaurant and Xiomara from the Front Desk. I will share a copy of your comments with the associates. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We hope to have you as a guest again.

Resort Manager
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just got back from a 6 night stay at the Hyatt. I found no flaws at all!!! Every staff was very happy which in turn made me happy :). We upgraded to an ocean front room, because we like to enjoy our coffee on the balcony in the mornings.. Beware that only the oceanfront rooms have a furnished balcony. Ocean and beach are well maintained. And the rooms are very clean. I enjoyed the spa. They could use more variety in the massage section of spa.. But what they offer is good.. The food was great. I loved the talking birds!!! If you are looking for a beautiful place this is it. I loved the lobby with the winds sweeping through. It may be hot but with the huts to stay under, the floats to float on in that beautiful blue water and the wind to cool you off.. It is all I needed to relax.. Relax.. Relax...
Only con.. When ordering room service the large coffee(6 cups) only contains 4 maybe 41/2.. Front desk refunded use $50.. So this was not a big issue at all.

Room Tip: Ocean front if you want a furnished balcony!!! Other than that enjoy relax and have fun!!! great pla...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank billysue84
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

One again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, Masha Danki!

Resort Manager
central, NJ
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I just returned from Aruba and miss it already! We had an amazing wedding celebration along with 60 of our closest family and friends. Everyone had an amazing time. From the beautiful, well-maintained grounds to the outstanding customer service - this hotel far exceeded all of our expectations! My wedding planner did a great job (thanks Rosy) to give us everything possible to make our day special and it was. Thanks for a wonderful wedding and week-long celebration!

Room Tip: we had a suite with an ocean view and watched an amazing sunset every night
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stopped by the Hyatt Aruba to see if I could look at one of the rooms for a possible future stay. I was blown away by the cool tropical breeze tha greets guests as soon as they step into the lobby. The area is just open, inviting and hip. They really nailed this design. One can only imagine what the renovated rooms will look like in a few months.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

such a lovely, well-manicured property, with two step-down poolls, a swim-up bar, close to perfect beachfront, swans and koi in the pond. very friendly service. only complaint is that most rooms do not sit-down terraces...only very narrow balconies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!