“"I will be back next year"”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 20th year anniversary in Aruba...It first started when we walked through the doors of the Hyatt. When we walked up to the front desk they offered us a glass of champagne, and they were ready to get us settled in. The hotel is breath taking, the grounds are beautiful and well manicured. It feels like paradise on earth. Service was excellent!! We went to dinner, and when we returned to our room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses and chocolate truffle on a beautiful decorated plate. There was a letter welcoming us to the hotel, and thanking us for picking there hotel for our anniversary. Our room had a perfect view of the ocean and grounds and was beautiful. They kept our rooms clean and the staff was great! We have NO complaints at all..... We will return again next year. Can't wait!! This was our first time in Aruba and it was memorable!!!!!

2  Thank Judy M
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time here at the Resort. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba for your anniversary, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino

Reviewed 13 November 2013

the hotel itself is beautiful, if we ever had a problem, which everyone has one time or another was quickly taken care of. what makes this hotel stand out amongst every other hotel is the people that work there and take care of us. we have been coming here for about 20yrs now and it always feels like coming home to family. manager Richard Elliott is always around to make sure you have a great vacation and to make sure everything runs smoothly. thank you to all the staff for making us feel special. next year our 25 wedding party will be spent here with our family; thank you Richie and Andrea

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Lets start with front desk. You wait in line because front desk agents don't have the common sense to call a second or third agent to help. Most of the staff has been there for many years and don't care to go out of their way for guests. Beach. You better reserve your hut when you book your trip otherwise you need to wake up be 6am to reserve one (you will get no rest). They have taken most of the beach huts and made them rentals $35 a day. All the other hotels allow you to book the next days hut the day before so you can get some well deserved sleep on your vacation. Breakfast all I need to say is they really need more training, servers just take their time and make you feel like they are doing you a favor by taking your order, if you choose not to order the buffet.
The best is the property and location and that's all I need to say location location location service under par and they just don't need to care because people come anyway.

2  Thank Mary Q
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

We, too, were disappointed that we did not meet all your expectations and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were a guest at our resort. We value you as a Hyatt customer and hope to regain your confidence.

To that end, we hope you will once again return to our resort, allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the manner you have come to expect from a Hyatt hotel.

Again, I am so sorry that your visit with us was less than you had hoped. I thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed in Hyatt Aruba for 8 nights. Ok first the good points-- beach is right on the property and is very swimable. The front desk, concierge, bell man, and room stewards are excellent and very helpful.     We also used the baby sitting service offered through the concierge desk.  This was the lone highlight of the trip.  We were able to leave our 4 month old with a local baby sitter--a sister of the concierge desk lady.  We were very pleased with how well she kept our baby.  In this hotel there is no resort fee and parking i believe is free.  The resort has a very welcoming feeling when you first arrive, but that soon disappears (see negatives below).  There is also a walkable 'tourist area' with lots of restaurants near by so there are lots of dining options for whatever your taste desires.  As for the negatives, threre are many.  First, having been to many four and five star resorts, i cannot  put this Hyatt in the same category.  This is a three star resort at best.  The bar service is extremely slow by the pool and even slower by the beach.  It seems that because the 15% service charge is already added, they are very slow and don't come by very often. Also the towel/float rental system is very inefficient. They say that floats are only for two hour maximum but this rule is never enforced. It was very annoying to find that most people were hogging the floats and not even using them for hours upon end, but staff doesn't seem to be able to enforce the rule.   We could never find a float until the end of the day. As far as breakfast buffet was concerned, I can honestly say it is the WORST breakfast buffet I've ever had at a major hotel.  The omelette station staff would not take my request to use whole eggs in the omelette even when I asked twice. Also I do not eat meat and both my wife and I found bacon pieces in our respective ommelettes.  When I brought it to the attention of the server I was told to go get another omelette. Though, to the servers credit, she did notify her boss, but her boss also said the same thing.  At the very least, I would've expected them to offer to bring a new ommelette without me having to stand in line.  As far as the pool area is concerned, it was average at best.  My only complaint was that the pool area had lots of small lizards and iguanas which i found annoying, though others may disagree. Also, compared to other resorts I've been to this one seemed very stuffy near the pool and layout was crowded.  To sum it up, I would consider returning to Aruba but look at other resorts in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Hasan R

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review.

Most certainly the conditions you noted are not typical of our standards and you can be assured that we have not only addressed these issues, but have taken corrective action to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

To that end, for future reference service charge is a standard at every resort on the island. We hope you will once again return to our resort, allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the manner you have come to expect from a Hyatt hotel.

Thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was my second time to Aruba but my first time w/the kids. Much has changed since 1996 but one thing hasn't and that is the Hyatt Regency. My first trip we stayed next door at what was called the Americana back then and had spent that trip admiring the Hyatt. So when the opportunity came to visit Aruba again, without hesitation I was booking the Hyatt. And I am so glad I did. We had an awesome family vacation. Everything you wanted was a step away. We had no issue with staying beachside while our kids took off for a ride down the slide. As for the Palapas...if you want to spend your whole day in the shade...then stay in your room. What I found annoying about it were "the guests" who had to reserve one for the day but then never showed up...I can't tell you how many empty Palapas sat there each day with no one under them. And for the record..if after 11AM no one is there and they are empty, you can request they be reassigned...so don't let the huts persuade you from booking a trip to the Hyatt...

The rooms were very clean as well as the resort. They had someone cleaning the bathrooms near the beach and pool all day long...immaculate. The grounds were immaculate and the help very friendly. We had lunch delivered to us right on the beach and it was hot and fresh. Love the location, right in the middle of everything. I did go and check out all of the other High Rise resorts and have to say, some of the others were nice but just too big and overwhelming. The Hyatt is the perfect size.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank C D
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Reviewed 7 November 2013

An Amazing Hotel with an Amazing Staff. Did I mention the amazing location? I went to Vancouver on a whim, booked the hotel via Priceline and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. It was clean, modern, and anything else I might desire. It was even connected to a pedway full of stores that I used to stock up on my supplies.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jsfalcon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Reviewed 6 November 2013

If u like high rise hotels this is the one for you. We stayed on the Regency Club 9th Floor. We didnt pay that much more for it. But you get breakfast, snacks, small dinner plates, wine, coffee, private check in no waiting etc. loved it. I will say this hotel has things spaced out nicely so if you don't like kids you can escape them easily. But if you do have kids they have tons of things for them to do such as Camp Hyatt, bingo n the beach, shelling, sitters, water slide etc. Super clean, very chic,lots of food choices, beach is great. Can't go wrong for the quality of this place. Beware of the "mean fruity drink stand lady" (she wears pointy glasses) close to the towel hut by the beach. She doesn't like dumb Americans asking her where the towel hut is located. LOL!!! Good Luck!!

Room Tip: Go with Regency Club 9th Floor...see review thanks
1  Thank JacksonMSCstone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!