“Fit for a King - Great Location, Beach, Facilities, Room and Staff”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Hyatt was selected by HM King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and his lovely wife Queen Máxima for their stay during their recent trip to Aruba. The entire resort staff, from the front desk, to the concierge, restaurant and snack shop teams, housekeepers and beach crew keep you totally relaxed and make you feel like you are royalty. During our twelve night stay, the top service at this beautiful facility never wavered. The Ritz Carlton opened down the beach during our stay and is very nice, but not twice as nice ($$$$). The beach is great with no vendors or strangers bothering you. The island is easy to drive with many fabulous dining opportunities. Aruba is a very safe and friendly island located outside of the "Hurricane Zone".

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrp78
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,798)

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Came to Aruba to celebrate my 30th and got a great deal on the Hyatt so decided to give it a whirl. I had previously stayed at the Marriott and heard good things about the Hyatt. Based on location and the stretch of beach, the Hyatt is a better choice, but based on accessibility, the Marriott is easier to navigate and the Hyatt really needs to make a few changes to become as accessible as they claim to be.

CHECK-IN
Smooth and efficient. No champagne or wet towel (boo!) but the front desk person checking us in was attentive to requests and upon hearing that we wanted peace and quiet, hooked us up with an upgrade to an ocean view room that indeed was very quiet. The annoying thing about this hotel is that all King rooms have a shower-only bathroom configuration and all Double rooms have a bath-shower combo. This is a terrible idea as it unnecessarily makes bed and bath preferences mutually exclusive and is a nightmare for guests with disabilities as the resort's ONE (really, Hyatt?) ADA room has a roll-in shower but comes with only one bed, which puts anyone who's not traveling with a significant other in a really awkward predicament. As I was traveling with my mom, we needed two beds and thankfully I was able to make do with a regular double and a shower chair for the bath as all the bathrooms are large enough for a chair anyway and all bathtubs have a grab rail installed. This may be enough for some people but definitely needs improvement to be truly accessible. The hotel should add an ADA Double room with a roll-in shower so that guests with more severe disabilities have the same choices as everyone else.

ROOM
The room was nice and clean with a great view of the beach and ocean. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was nicely furnished aside from above access issues and the fact that the designer decided a window was necessary for the wall separating the bathroom and room. Awful idea as the light from the bathroom is a nuisance to others in the room if someone needs to go at night. Minor issue but annoying. The other downside is that the Hyatt has very few true balconies, ours was just a step out that accommodated literally one step from the room. Really enjoyed sitting out on our patio/balcony on other trips to the Caribbean so this was a bit disappointing but the grounds and beach more than make up for it. There are plenty of nice places to sit, albeit not private.

BEACH

The beach here is awesome. Walked up and down the strip snd the beach and grounds at the Hyatt were among the best. The sand is really soft and the entry into the water is smooth, no rocks to worry about here. The water is amazing, so warm and free of waves. Really calm, especially compared to the red flagged beaches of Cancun. The resort provides plenty of towels and floats you can use to lounge around in the water. The hut system is not great but most people vacate their huts by 2pm so even if you don't get what you want initially, you can almost always find somewhere to sit in the afternoon. If you want a hut for the morning, you can either pay $35 to reserve in the paid section or get one for free by lining up at an ungodly hour to get one through the 6:30am distribution setup at the towel hut. However, if you don't feel the need to have your very own umbrella, you can skip the whole song and dance and get a spot in the huge events hut on the beach that happens to be in the middle of the paid zone. We caught on to this and had a front row spot just steps from the ocean every day for the rest of our trip. Don't want to get up early? Slip the beach boys a tip and a spot will be magically reserved for
you. The resort also happens to have a beach wheelchair. You have to ask for it as it's normally kept in storage but the beach staff will be more than happy to retrieve it and push you to your spot or the water. The chair itself has seen better days and is really hard to push so I gave up on it and walked as the distances were pretty short but it's there and a great asset for anyone who can't manage without. The one thing I found lacking on the beach was waitstaff service. Only twice in the span of a week did someone approach to see if we wanted drinks. If you want food or drink brought to you, as you might in a beach resort, you either have to find and flag them down or go get it yourself. Also a big downer was the fact that the bathroom by the beach and pool area did not have a wheelchair accessible stall or grab bars so thus was unusable to me. Luckily the Playa Linda had two fully accessible bathrooms equidistant to where I was sitting (across from Scott's Brats and next to Dunkin Donuts) so it was an easy solution. Really unacceptable for the Hyatt to force guests with disabilities to go off property or all the way up to the room just to use the facilities while enjoying the beach. Not a difficult thing to fix and surprising considering the accessibility section of their site suggests that everything is ADA accessible (The staff at Hyatt Regency Aruba is committed to ensuring that we meet and exceed all of the requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act.)

FOOD
When we first arrived we had lunch at The Palms and found both the pork sandwich and fish tacos to be quite bland. Edible but lacking in flavor. Our room came with the breakfast buffet so on other days we weren't even hungry at lunch time or enjoyed smoothies at the stand near the Hyatt beach bar or went "next door" to Scott's Brats in front of the Playa Linda. Ths breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful, and was served in the most beautiful Ruinas del Mar. After our experience at The Palms, all dinners were off property with Amuse Bistro, Tango and Taste of Belgium being highlights. The Hyatt has a prime mid-strip location and many good restaurants are a 5-10 minute walk away. Do not go to Screaming Eagle in the low rise section. Had the worst birthday dinner there, complete waste of money.

SERVICE

Service was excellent for the most part. Everyone was attentive and friendly. The hotel sent up a nice bottle of champagne on my actual birthday, which was really nice. Did have an issue with housekeeping taking forever to bring up the shower chair the front desk had called for at check-in. It shouldn't have taken three calls and several hours to get it delivered.

OVERALL
Overall, I had a great time. The accessibility issues turned out to be manageable but I might consider a more accessible resort like the Radisson next time. If the Hyatt makes the changes I suggested in my review, it would definitely be my first choice in Aruba.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Anna P

Dear Guest,

We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Don't even bother looking elsewhere in Aruba. This is a great place to go for almost any occasion. Great spot for kids as well. Great location, good food, great beach, great service, plenty to do for everyone The Sunday brunch at the palms is excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joeytacos

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my 8th visit to the Hyatt Hotel and it was the best yet. The staff are so welcoming and personable, remember us every year. They enjoy working at the Hyatt and really make you feel special. Stayed on the concierge and my suggestion is they offer the sandwich snacks for lunch instead of dinner. Most people go out to dinner but it would be easier to pick up lunch upstairs. The only offering is a few cookies and trail mix for lunch. The breakfast is plentiful but our rate included the downstairs restaurant so we didn't eat upstairs. Took a walk to the Ritz Carlton but this hotel is much more tropical and in a better location. The beach at the Ritz is a cove and there are no waves. Look forward to next year!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JOan1210
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Aruba Team

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked a stay in July for 5 nights on points. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I had emailed ahead of time to request a hut rental, which the hotel arranged for $35 per day. I asked them to have everything ready because my wife and I were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary -with our 2 year old - and I wanted it to be perfect. The hotel upgraded our room to one with a lovely view of the ocean, and sent up complimentary champagne. The property was clean and well-kept. My daughter was fascinated with the onsite tropical birds. The restaurants onsite were good, although a little pricey. If you want a nice, relaxing beach vacation (terrific beach!), you can't go wrong with Hyatt in Aruba.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room that overlooked the pools. It could get a little loud at night in the ear...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Owen G
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hyatt Aruba Management.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have been coming to the Hyatt for years and I thought maybe they would up their game with the new Ritz Carlton opening but I was disappointed. We stayed at the club level and I thought the offerings were poor this year. Seemed as if every day it was the same sad looking sandwiches, crudites, cookies etc, not worth paying the extra $$$. Also it seemed very crowded I guess people from other floors can upgrade to just have access to the refreshments, the elevator was constantly opening and closing with people ducking in for food. One man even stopped in dumped the whole jar of trail mix in a ziploc bag and went back down in the elevator. Seriously!!

I also found the cabana and float system annoying. Especially when I was told there was a two hour limit on the floats but it was never enforced. Really people, don't hog the floats under your cabana when there are people that might want to use them. Had to wait until about 4 every afternoon by the time someone put one back. The Hyatt also really needs to upgrade the towels, some are threadbare.Threes time during our stay they actually ran out of towels, granted one day it rained and everyone wanted extra but maybe if they collected the wet ones around the pool (they were left there for the remaining portion of the day) this wouldn't have been a problem.

Overall for the price I don't think it is worth it, just booked my room for next year at the Ritz.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tinyte13

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort , Spa &Casino.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We value your business and we will certainly evaluate your suggestions about the regency club offerings and the float system at the beach. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to our loyal guest such as your self.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Management

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I visited the Hyatt Aruba October 7-11.
The hotel is beautiful, clean, friendly and accommodating.
I loved being on the 9th floor (club level). There are great snacks and coffee and water at your disposal and that really saves time and money.
Never was there a moment when something seemed off or broken or dirty. I'm a bit of a stickler and I was perfectly content.
The hotel is in a great location if you want to walk to restaurants, shop or explore.
I had a treat at the spa which was enjoyable and I'm a day spa owner... And the prices at the spa I found were reasonable for travel locations.
The front desk was great with dinner suggestions. Some people complain about meals being expensive. I can tell you that a nice, normal dinner for two with out drinks averaged $80. So if $ is a concern, watch the drink tab. All of the food was delicious.
About the beach palapas... we reserved one for our 3 full days of our trip. It was (I think) $30 per day. I don't know about the line to get one first come first serve because we never had to worry about it. It was ours for 3 days with beach chairs, towels and floats. You're not going to DIE if you don't have one. You just need some shade throughout the day but you'll find it around the resort. There were always available chairs around the pool and on the beach. No worries about that.
No loud blaring music anywhere which was nice too.
The resort is beautiful at night. They light torches along the beach and it's serene and welcoming. Go, you'll love it.

Room Tip: Loved the club level... takes a lot of little aggravation out of the trip. Plenty of complimentary w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HeyChickie
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hyatt Regency Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#8 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!