“Never Fails! The best resort in Aruba!”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt in Aruba is our absolute go to every time we want an amazing getaway. The resort has just become more beautiful over time, it is basically like staying on your own tropical island. One of the biggest perks is the incredible staff! Going there, we feel as though we are visiting friends.
Richard, the Manager is always on hand to greet guests and works to accommodate every need. Karen and Jacky and the staff of the 9th Floor meet the pinnacle of customer service and are a valuable asset to the Hyatt.
The MOST fun is to be had with Cordelia and the crew at the Balashi Swim Up Bar at the main pool. Amazing drinks, fabulous gourmet food, music and relaxation all in one.
We took a trip to see the new Ritz Carlton property and frankly were unimpressed. Cold exteriors, the rocky beach and staff that appears terrified to speak...not my idea of luxury.
I only hope the Hyatt Aruba will continue doing what it does best, this is our 2nd trip this year, I expect many more to come. Thank you all!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Christopher F
Tracey N, Sales Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Happy Holidays from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Ones again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

My husband was here for a conference, but as it was our anniversary as well I came too. We were notified they had overbooked and they moved us out of our king room to a queen room (not the best for an anniversary couple), but apparently we had a "partial" water view now. The room was nothing special compares to other hotel rooms, but the grounds were amazing and the service staff were all very friendly and prompt with requests. We had a wonderful time despite our room switch. We would come back any time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Tracey N, Sale Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Hyatt in Aruba is a great place to stay--near restaurants and grounds were great. Didn't have to pay for palapa if got down to beach early. Only disappointing feature was bathrooms were not kept up to par by pool restaurant and shops. That is a big peeve for me. Rooms needed a fresh look but were fine nonetheless.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

With it’s prime location on Palm Beach the Hyatt has enjoyed a long and exalted reputation in Aruba. The décor, the quality of the accommodations and furnishings, the cleanliness and most of all the genuine warmth, friendliness and attentiveness of virtually all the staff made for a satisfying stay. Beautiful grounds, clean beautiful calm beach, great bed, love the Kenet, MD amenities (and 2 oz size). The beach is clean and beautiful and the weather and water don’t disappoint.

Terrific massage at the lovely spa, pricey but worth it…..but as has been indicated, if you want to use the steam room you must call them a half hour before to make sure it is on! Nicely equipped clean gym with signature towels, apples and water.

Very nice buffet breakfast with a huge griddle so no wait for eggs to order. Precooked French toast was gummy and while there was papaya 2 of the 5 mornings more tropical fruit would have been nice. Food quality at lunch and dinner in The Palm was excellent and pricepoint comparable to outside but quantity was a bit short, with at least twice the size of fish served at outside restaurants. And… the beer in the plastic cup at the outdoor poolside restaurant was 2/3 of what was served in a mug inside for the same price?!?!?
Be aware that the clientele here and in most of Aruba is about 90% US. You’ll feel like you never left a Long Island Mall or Brighton Beach. Even Cancun is more “foreign”.

Why not five out of five?

1) The front desk staff, and I interacted with several, are remarkably cold and stone faced. A marked contrast to the glass of champagne and cold towel offered on arrival. Only once, transiently was my Platinum status acknowledged. Maybe I’ve just gotten so used to a nice welcome note from the manager and a little fresh fuit they do so nicely at other Hyatts. They seemed intent on selling upgrades or are just weary of having people ask. At near complete occupancy, even during dead week, you get only what you pay for here. It came across as “ you want a better view pony up or shut up.” And promises to speak to a manager and get back to me never materialized. Check out: stone cold too.

2) Private palapas are fine I guess….again you want it, pay. But distributing the other third “first come first serve”…by getting up before dawn to be there when they distribute them at 630 AM may be an Aruba institution but it is the height of absurdity to me. Hello ! I’m on vacation….no alarm clock! Duh! This includes the foam “floaties”, which, as indicated time and time again spend more time sequestered in the sand by the folk that take them for hours on end and little time in the water. Lesson: bring your own inflatable!

3) And THE WORST, and for me the dealbreaker here… is that this “be there at 630 AM” reservation nonsense extends to the umbrellas by the pool, where incidentally the palms are few and far between and a bit threadbare providing little natural shade. Totally ridiculous. The result is that at any time, morning or afternoon the resort is a sea of lounge chairs covered in towels with no occupants! So everything, especially prime locations and umbrellas are “reserved” and unused most of the day. The staff does not remove towels until 5 o’clock and only a minority of guest were observed picking up their own to return them, even though you “sign them out”…they’re there all day and lounges and respites from the sun go unused and UNAVAILABLE to anyone else. I’m on vacation and I’m not removing an unused towel and finding myself in a dispute. Again, Hyatt, not at this pricepoint !
OH…and when they say get to the airport 3 hours early they mean it….and be prepared to stand on line after line after line for at least 2 of those !
I don’t know what the solution to this is but, at this price point it doesn’t work for me and I will not be back….there are too many sunny beaches with umbrellas, palapas and shade to be enjoyed in the Carribean!

Room Tip: Except for the junior and full suites all rooms are alike: either 2 Queens with tub shower or a King...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jwsmd3
Tracey N, Sales Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We value your business and we will certainly evaluate your suggestions. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to our loyal guest such as your self.

On behalf of all of our associates,

Masha danki

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt, as it was our first time there. The grounds and accommodations were lovely, the sunsets beautiful!! We really lounged each day away, though I did sneak away for an afternoon break to the casino and a game of bingo. The best part was the spa. My friend and I enjoyed the "rescue facial" and loved every luxurious minute thanks to Astrid and Shirley!!! I think our next stay may be in a smaller, quieter place as having to listen to other's conversations is not very relaxing. In general, our stay in Aruba was fabulous!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marsha K
Tracey N, Sales Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is spotlessly clean and well maintained. While the grounds are spectacular, the hotel itself is a bit less fancy then other Hyatts that I have stayed at. The air conditioning worked well and was NOT noisy like most places. The location is nice and there are a lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff in the hotel restaurants, cleaning personnel, and front desk people were all unusually friendly and pleasant. The room maid service was outstanding! They not only did a great job cleaning and straightening up, they replaced the ice. I never went in the Casino, as every time I walked by I was blasted by a wave of stale cigarette smoke making it quite unappealing to me to go in. There is an excellent beach 2.5 miles north of the hotel with some of the best snorkeling around. My only complaint is that the wicker backed chairs in the rooms are not particularly comfortable. I would definitely consider staying here if I return to Aruba.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sunset so you can watch it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevedunn48
Tracey N, Sales Executive at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa & Casino

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We travel every year for Thanksgiving, and this trip was by far the most memorable, for all the worng reasons. Our room was not ready upon arrival (at 3pm). Despite my Platinum status, I agreed to the regency charge of $85/night, and then was told that my room was given to someone else, and I was still charged $85/night. The guy upon check out, could have cared less about this issue, and told me to "take it up with management." Now onto the vacation. Aren't vacations suppose to be relaxing? Well waking up at 6am to get a spot at the pool is NOT relaxing. It was a circus, and the staff didn't seem to care. The spring break mentality of the guests, was truly appalling. There was a group of adults drinking from morning til sunset, being disruptive at the pool and the staff didn't care. Matter of fact, they joined in and wrote on the guests who had passed out in the lounge chair. If I wanted Spring Break, I would have shown up in March. The guests had all the power, and the staff had no control, it was sad to see. One day I picked up more trash than any staff member did...
The sad thing is when I used to think of Hyatt Hotels, I thought: quality and class. Let's just say I am not thinking that any longer. So who wants my platinum status, I am not staying here or any Hyatt again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Linda9697
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post the review about your recent stay at the resort. I sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. I noted your comments about your room allocation. While I am confident everything was done with the best of intension, I understand the frustration this caused. I have shared your feedback with the Front Desk Manager concerning the room that you booked on the Regency Club floor.

I also noted your comments about the activities on the beach on pool areas. While it is everyone’s goal to have an enjoyable time, the activities of one group should not impose on other guests. I am sorry that the activities of those guest interfered with your vacation.

I know that you have a choice of where to stay when you visit Aruba. I hope you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to regain your confidents in Hyatt. We truly value your business as a Hyatt Platinum member.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer comments about your stay.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!