This was my fourth trip to Aruba and the third hotel at which I have stayed on Palm Beach and it is my favorite. It was my husband's first trip to Aruba and we went to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and I cannot think of a more romantic resort at which to have spent it. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful and the layout of the resort is fantastic. There is always a little private area to sit and relax without tons of people around. The resort was filled to capacity and while getting a palapas in the morning was challenging and required a very early wake-up, once you were out on the beach, it did not feel crowded at all.
We had an ocean/island view room which was spacious and the bathroom was well laid out. I loved that it had drawers to put your toiletries away and out of sight, something that is important to me in making me feel calm and at home. Unlike the Marriott, there was not a balcony to sit on. It was only large enough to step out and take pictures or look around. The real downside to our room was that it was adjoined to a room with two young children who were kept up way too late at night and were never asked to stop yelling by their parents. While I appreciate that they were having fun on vacation and, perhaps 11:00 pm tickle fights were enjoyable to them, it was not enjoyable to us since we could hear all of it and since we made tremendous arrangements to get away from our kids so we could enjoy a quiet, romantic four nights away. My suggestion to the Hyatt is that they try to keep families with children on separate floors from couples traveling without children.
We ate breakfast at the resort each morning as it was included and it was very good and a very pleasant relaxing way to start each morning. We enjoyed sitting outside at Ruinas de Mar and watching the black swans (especially the baby), the iguanas and the koi all around us. There were a sufficient number of food choices at the resort with many others within an easy walking distance. The juice bar was very good and I would recommend it. I would not recommend the frozen drinks at the pool bar - they were terribly disappointing and lacked any flavor (or seemingly any alcohol) at all.
We did not go into the casino as that is not our thing but I know a lot of people do like to go to Aruba for the casinos. The Hyatt's casino was much smaller than the Marriott Stellaris where I had stayed twice before which was fine with us. It did allow smoking so every time you walked by the entrance, you could smell cigarette smoke.
The concierge at the Hyatt was very helpful in setting up a car rental and restaurant reservations and Rosie the romance planner did recognize our anniversary and present us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to help us celebrate which was very nice. All of the housekeepers and staff at the Hyatt was extremely pleasant and always said hello, although that seems to be as much an Aruba thing as a Hyatt thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba