“a week in paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“a week in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked a last minute trip to Aruba and luckily booked the Hyatt.Perfect location,very friendly help,good food and a special beach.We will definitely return here and stay even longer next time.We highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here
4 Thank Steve2510
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino. We appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have stayed @ the Hyatt starting in 2001 & have stayed there 8 times! Went the 1st time for our honeymoon & went back 6 more times. We haven't been back since 2006 and so we were so excited to be back on The Happiest Island and especially glad to be back at the Hyatt. We booked a Ocean Front Room as this is where we have always stayed. Not only is this a different, more crowded island but the Hyatt, even with their remodeling was horrible. We got in the room (11:30pm) & proceeded to take a shower (there is no bathtub) & found that we only had lukewarm water. The next day we called engineering & they came up & determined there was something wrong & said they would move us to another room. We went to the new room 1st to see if it was the same room, which it was smaller & found that they had no hot water either. We knew what was next, find a new hotel! First, we had the buffet breakfast in their restaurant since this was part of the package. Not only did the food look horrible and old, the employees whom we have loved over the years were rude and not gracious like they had been. The hotel has a prime location but was dirty and the room we went to see was ocean-front right above the restaurant and there were cigarette butts all over the roof of the restaurant which we were so close to now! Not only will we not be staying @ a Hyatt again but will never come back to Aruba as the people were rude and less then friendly! The hotel we went to when we left the Hyatt was the Ritz Carlton which is down the beach from them. Our $750 room @ the Hyatt was in poor condition and we moved to an Executive Suite @ the Ritz for $599 a night there. I will be writing a review for the Ritz after I finish the Hyatt Regency. Good luck to everyone who travels to Aruba, you will need it. Not happy at all! Oh, please see the photo I attached. This was priceless!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel and island!
      Cleanliness
16 Thank Skyler226
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. I sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We take our guest feedback seriously to help us improve for the future. I have shared your feedback with the resort staff so that action can be taken to prevent repeat occurrences. I hope we will have the opportunity to have you as a guest in the near future to regain your confidence.

Hyatt Regency Aruba.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family just returned from a week at the Hyatt. It was our first trip to Aruba, and the hotel was absolutely beautiful, as I had been told. The grounds were immaculate, the lobby, pools and landscaping were gorgeous. That, however, is where the fabulous part ends. The rooms were tiny. The 2 queen beds in the room were only a few inches apart, and the bathroom was also very small and had a shower curtain. In a hotel of this caliber, I would expect a glass door, not a plastic, ripped curtain.

With the exception of the rude man who checked us in, all of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. We had breakfast at the hotel daily. It would have been nice if they changed the food selections slightly from day to day, but the quality and presentation of everything was very good.

We had lunch at the Palms, and at the pool, and both were good as well. Pricy, but completely in line for a resort hotel. With so many great restaurants near by, we never ate dinner at the resort, so I cannot comment.

We reserved a palapa in advance because vacation should not involve waiting in line at 6 a.m. It was crowded on the beach, but if you were able to sit on the right, away from the watersports, it was much more relaxing. Unfortunately, beach service simply did not exist. We were there for a week and I saw a beach server on 2 occasions. That is unacceptable.

My kids, 9 and 11, loved the waterslide, but there was no pool staff to remove dirty towels throughout the day that had been abandoned. I do not enjoy removing used towels that belong to strangers in order to find a seat. There should be staff at the pool to take care of this, and to set up chairs for guests. Instead, you have to walk down to the beach in order to bring towels back to the pool.

Finally, due to hotel issues, not our own, we had to move rooms twice. We were not offered any discount or compensation, until I asked, and even then, it was very small.

The bottom line is this. It is without a doubt a beautiful place with some fantastic staff members. However, if you are used to Ritz or Four Seasons service, you will not find it here. For the price, the service is lacking, and I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank k-tool2
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We value your feedback as they help us to improve. Should your travel plans include Aruba again in the future, we hope you would consider our resort once again and give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

Hyatt Regency Aruba
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was my fourth trip to Aruba and the third hotel at which I have stayed on Palm Beach and it is my favorite. It was my husband's first trip to Aruba and we went to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and I cannot think of a more romantic resort at which to have spent it. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful and the layout of the resort is fantastic. There is always a little private area to sit and relax without tons of people around. The resort was filled to capacity and while getting a palapas in the morning was challenging and required a very early wake-up, once you were out on the beach, it did not feel crowded at all.

We had an ocean/island view room which was spacious and the bathroom was well laid out. I loved that it had drawers to put your toiletries away and out of sight, something that is important to me in making me feel calm and at home. Unlike the Marriott, there was not a balcony to sit on. It was only large enough to step out and take pictures or look around. The real downside to our room was that it was adjoined to a room with two young children who were kept up way too late at night and were never asked to stop yelling by their parents. While I appreciate that they were having fun on vacation and, perhaps 11:00 pm tickle fights were enjoyable to them, it was not enjoyable to us since we could hear all of it and since we made tremendous arrangements to get away from our kids so we could enjoy a quiet, romantic four nights away. My suggestion to the Hyatt is that they try to keep families with children on separate floors from couples traveling without children.

We ate breakfast at the resort each morning as it was included and it was very good and a very pleasant relaxing way to start each morning. We enjoyed sitting outside at Ruinas de Mar and watching the black swans (especially the baby), the iguanas and the koi all around us. There were a sufficient number of food choices at the resort with many others within an easy walking distance. The juice bar was very good and I would recommend it. I would not recommend the frozen drinks at the pool bar - they were terribly disappointing and lacked any flavor (or seemingly any alcohol) at all.

We did not go into the casino as that is not our thing but I know a lot of people do like to go to Aruba for the casinos. The Hyatt's casino was much smaller than the Marriott Stellaris where I had stayed twice before which was fine with us. It did allow smoking so every time you walked by the entrance, you could smell cigarette smoke.

The concierge at the Hyatt was very helpful in setting up a car rental and restaurant reservations and Rosie the romance planner did recognize our anniversary and present us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to help us celebrate which was very nice. All of the housekeepers and staff at the Hyatt was extremely pleasant and always said hello, although that seems to be as much an Aruba thing as a Hyatt thing.

Room Tip: Request a non-adjoining room if you are traveling as a couple.
5 Thank Stacey086
Dear Guest,

We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us and wish you a Happy 25th Anniversary. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hyatt Regency Aruba
Mashpee, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I traveled to Aruba in June 2014 with my husband and 18 year old daughter. This trip was part of my daughters graduation gift and jetblue had a great package. First the Hyatt is a very beautiful resort with awesome grounds. The rooms are a little small but good for 2 or 3 people. Our only problem with the Hyatt was first their smoking policy around the pool is not enforced. A couple was smoking right next to my daughter and another women who was pregnant. My husband asked the couple to stop smoking but they became confrontational towards my husband and a screaming match took place. My husband finally found a Hyatt employee who told the couple to put out their cigs. It is posted where you can smoke and can't smoke. This particular couple was warned before. The second thing was the pool ladder broke on my husband when he was entering the pool. Lucky for him he was entering and not getting out. As for the island I found the beach area crowded with two many huts, water sport huts and boats wiz zing by!! As for the huts, we didn't wait in line and we're not charged. Certain huts for drink service were the charged huts. We also took a jeep day trip with a company exploring the island. The island is very run down with half built real estate and abandoned properties and business.
I checked it off the bucket list,but we will not be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Pamela A
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is our first visit to Hyatt Aruba. The hotel is beautiful and clean with open lobby. The hotel ground are very well kept and the pool and beach are amazing and well kept. I was concern about getting a palapa (hut) on the beach after reading some review but there was no issue at all. We went to the beach between noon and about 2 pm and the staff member always be able to get us one. The staff at the beach were very helpful especially Juan. We also enjoyed the club lounge, the breakfast and evening snacks was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank EngL2020

Hyatt Regency Aruba Team
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was our 4th trip to Aruba and 4th hotel to compare. The name says for itself. You pay for a Hyatt you get a Hyatt. And this one is in Aruba! Great combination of a beautiful island and good hotel. Great property, perfect beach and excellent restaurants, except for the breakfast. It is a mystery how the same restaurant can serve great lunch and dinner and fail on breakfast. Other than that it's one of the best hotels in Aruba.

Room Tip: If your room is facing the pool, try to get 6th floor or above or as close to the beach as possible...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank andrmat
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Hyatt Regency Aruba!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,676 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,539 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,804 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,310 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!