“Hyatt Palm Beach Aruba is simply wonderful.”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 November 2008

This was my second trip to Aruba and also staying at the Hyatt. As a business traveler I try to always stay at Hyatt hotels because their customer service is top notch. There is no shortage of top notch customer service at the Aruba location. I chose to stay on the Regency floor where you have separate check in and concierge service along with a lovely breakfast and hearty evening appetizers - wine and liquor included.

The concierge service was fabulous and helped book a kayak and snorkel trip with Aruba Kayak Adventure that was wonderful. Check them out at arubakayak.com or call direct [----]. Eli and Vincent were my guides for a fun trip to Des Palm Island that brought me face-to-face with HUGE blue parrot fish among other beautiful sea creatures.

The grounds of the resort are absolutely beautiful from black swans swimming in koi ponds to the myriad of parrots and colorful mccaws.

The lobby of the hotel is so beautiful that you'll want to spend time lounging in the comfortable pods of island style furniture that lines the enourmous expanse dedicated to this space. Grab a drink, bring a book, or simply people watch.

The beach front is one of the best in Aruba with far more space and many more cabana's than that of neighboring hotels. You can book water sport activies with Delphi sports which has an outdoor pavilion on the Hyatt property. I would recommend them for a sail and snorkel on the Dolphin catamaran and also to book a parasail trip with Exotic Aquatic. Olga and John will get you setup with whatever you want to do in the water or on land. Walk right up and tell them what you're interested in and they'll handle the rest.

The food at the Hyatt is wonderful - every restaurant is worth visiting.

If you're a jewelry and watch fan visit you'll find an excellent selection in both of the stores located off of the lobby.

If you prefer a quiet room request one that does not overlook the pools and outdoor dining area. At night they offer live music until about 9pm so the sound does tend to drift up to the rooms.

Save room for a trip to Dunkin Donuts which is all of 100 meters across the street from the hotel. They've got great souvenirs along with the usual coffee and donuts!

Don't worry about dragging a big bottle of sun block with you. You can get that in the lobby or walk across the street to Aruba aloe and pick up a bottle of their 'Extremely waterproof factor 30 sunblock'. They've got great after sun products that are worth packing back home in your suitcase.

Need a goregous new swimsuit? Also in the same shopping plaza as Aruba Aloe you'll find La langosta Balnearie. They carry hand beaded suits from Venezuela that you won't find anywhere in the states. Suits range in price from $50 - $250 and their worth it!

In the same shopping area try Iguana Joe's Caribbean Bar. Ask for the drink named Happy Tourist!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank girlcats

Reviewed 18 November 2008

My husband and I went to Aruba for our very first time...we were there for a destination wedding. The hotel has a very nice open air lobby. As soon as we arrived (6-7pm) we were greeted as we checked in with champagne :)

When we arrived to our room we had two double beds & a small window over looking an awning full of bird poop. When we made our reservations we had requested a king bed, so the concierge suggested that I try back tomorrow and they would move us if a room became available.

We had gone to the Hyatt in Oahu and Maui for our honeymoon, so it was ironic that were celebrating our anniversary at yet another Hyatt.
They knew and Hyatt surprised my husband and I with room service. They brought us a tray of wine, cheeses, crackers and fresh fruit to wish us a Happy Anniversary :) I thought that was very nice =)

The next day we inquired about a room with a king bed…the promptly moved us to one :)
I frequented the gym there every morning and it was clean and they had plenty of machines for everyone (although I was going at 7am).

Oh also, the hotel had lots of beautiful birds all around the property which added to that tropical feel!

My husband and I would get protein shakes at the "Kadushi Juice Bar" on the property….they were a bit pricey but the DELICIOUS fresh fruit was a great start every morning!
The pool bar was also great…although they call it a "swim-up bar" its NOT! Its more like a swim-up and "sit-up" bar….drinks are pricey but then again that’s normal here in NYC so it was expected.
A few of us would walk along the cement pathway to the Playa Linda Hotel and they had a little tiki bar where drinks were 2 for 1 from noon to 4(or 5pm)…the bartender (forgot her name) she is great! She made the best drinks…go try the Rum Punch!

One day a bunch of the guys we were with went deep sea fishing…so they brought back their catch of the day, which was a Wahoo. We went to the Palms restaurant on the property and the chef prepared it two ways! It was delicious…although the service at the restaurant was a bit slow…(but then again we are in Aruba and we need to be patient and relax).

The Alfresco Bar right past the Lobby with the Cabana Beds was very chic and cool! We were there almost every night for a drink. It was comfy & cozy to sit there and people watch :)

The casino was cute…LOL! It was very small…nothing special….we actually walked over to the Radisson's Casino which was a tad bit larger but albeit still small.

We attended a wedding on the property which was absolutely spectacular…the beach oceanfront setting couldn’t get more romantic… then the reception (which was on a deck on the side of the hotel) was great! The food was so good…all the appetizers, entrée's, drinks….service all of it was superb!

My only three complaints about ARUBA are:
1-The prices! Oh my gosh…I live in NYC and things are pricey…but in ARUBA they are outrageous! Just to give you an example, we walked over to a little Dunkin Donuts on the beach…I got a 2 bagels with egg and cheese..no coffee, just the bagels. $10.00! Even for NYC standards that's insane.

2-The darn mosquitoes….I don’t know what it was…I would spray myself head to toe every night before heading out and no matter what I would come home with welts…not little itty bitty bites…they were all over…and again people saying it was because of Omar a few weeks back. :(

3-The horrific disgusting smell of either raw sewage or sulfur that was coming out of the ocean!
I traveled all the way to Aruba thinking I would walk into crystal clear turquoise blue waters and that was not the case…I couldn’t even see my feet where the water was shallow.
The water was very cloudy, tons and tons of seaweed and after walking to about chest height waters you would be stepping on this "mushy-icky" gross left over seaweed from what everyone was saying was the remnants of Omar……
Regardless…the ocean smelled so bad that you could feel your nose hairs burning! That really disappointed and upset me the most.

Other than that Aruba was great, the Hyatt was beautiful and it is a very very relaxing and friendly island…I would not go back…I don’t get why so many people go year after year.
I guess it’s the guaranteed perfect weather all year round that brings em back…
But to be perfectly honest with you I would much rather take my chances elsewhere.
There are plenty of beautiful places in this world to see and be seen.
Definitely go at least once in your life just to see the pretty happy island :)

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank belladiamondz
Reviewed 9 November 2008

What we thought was going to be a memorable honeymoon turned out to be a very disapointing vacation. After all the stress of planning a wedding we just wanted to relax and unwind. We arrived to the sound of jack hammer in the lobby as the circular drive was being re-paved. After we stressed to the front desk that we were honeymooners and requested a quiet room, we were put in a room with construction right above us. After we switched to our third room we could finally relax. The front desk never advised security of our room switch. We came back from the computer center one morning to find security in our room questioning us. It was humiliating. We had to make several trips to the front desk to straighten out several problems as the staff never picks up the phone. The food is just ok, nothing special. The beach staff was very helpful and friendly, but management and other hotel staff are rude and careless. The water was murky and smelled. This may have been due to the passing tropical storm, but from reading other reviews, this seems to be an ongoing problem in Aruba. At one point we walked up and down the hotel strip trying to find a better hotel. Unfortunately, it appears that the Hyatt is the best Aruba has to offer. When we checked out, I reviewed the bill and noticed that we were overcharged and not given the correct rate. The front desk advised me that the rate I was speaking of did not exist. Management eventually adjusted the rate. Later I wrote a letter to the hotel manager advising of our terrible stay. I received no repsonse to date. I have been to many islands and have to say that I am not impressed with Aruba. We will be re-doing our honeymoon next year and will definately not be staying at a Hyatt!

15  Thank Krstn1024
Reviewed 30 October 2008

From the time you walk into the open reception area and are handed a cool coth and a glass of champagne the royal treatment begins. The ONLY negative comment about our stay was that we had reserved three rooms with king size beds. We were told there was only one (but they checked and found one more) so one couple got a room with two queens. After that things went fantastic. The staff is SUPER always a smile, a friendly hello and the breakfast (we got the free buffet breakfast with our stay) was GREAT. The staff in the dining room were top-notch. The grounds are beautiful, the beachfront outstanding and the pools were very relaxing. I would go back in a heartbeat!!! We stayed five nights and it was NOT long enough.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank NorthCountryLady
Reviewed 28 October 2008

First let me tell you i have been coming to Aruba for past 10 years,last 2 X the beaches have taken a turn for the worse.i should not say beach but the water itself. i come to aruba to enjoy the the sun and ocean and the great hospitality of the people in aruba, most delicious food you can find on any island.Its the water itself that has me going to seek out another island. the last time we were their same problem stinky water ,murky and slimy on bottom. i did ask a local and he did verify its sewage, if its true or not i was still horrified. i spoke to some people and they said eagle beach is not as bad as palm.
hotel- the renovations are beautiful . Nice comfy beds. good food and great service. Based on water conditions i will not be returning, just for the fact that i was told its sewage.

5  Thank ceeceeangel1
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This is by far the best hotel on the island!! We stayed 12 nights and had plenty of time to talk to the locals(even they will tell you its the best) and explore the other hotels. The Hyatt was very nice! The grounds are amazing with waterfalls, the best beach of any hotel, parrots and plants galore, making you feel like you are in a tropical paradise. The service was outstanding. We stayed in a suite with an amazing balcony and view of the entire beach and ocean. It was definately worth paying more to be in a suite or to be on the 9th floor conceirge level. You will save tons just by taking advantage of the free breakfast, free bottled water and soft drinks, as well as cocktails and snacks in the evenings, not to mention your own private conceirge that comes with the 9th floor or suite. The restaurants inside the hotel are good--expensive, but service is better than most restaurants outside the hotel. However, I would recommend getting out of the hotel and exploring the local restaurants--there are tons that are great and much more reasonably priced!! If you want sushi though, stay in the hotel and go to Japengo--it was better than we expected.

3  Thank tk_pt
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I just got back from Aruba and stayed at two hotels, the second was the Hyatt.... The lobby is impressive and the staff was never less than over accomodating. The food was delicious at the hotel. The pool brought many things to the table. There is a water slide that seemed to entertain the kids along with adults... there were plenty of jacuzzis set off from he public areas which made it nice to retreat to...

The pool was expansive and allowed you to nap in the shade or enjoy the sun. Nothing was too far away from the pool that seemed to be the highlight of this resort. To be honest I did not spend much time on the beach as the pool seemed to engross me.

The one draw back to the hotel was the lack of a balcony. There was about a 2 foot space that you could stand on. I would have liked to sit out there to watch the sun set or simply enjoy the breeze.

I would not stay at this location again, which is mainly due to the lack of balcony.

However, if that is not someting that matters to you, I would not hesitate to say that the hotel is worth your time.

4  Thank inli10ment
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!