I just got back from my first trip to Aruba and we stayed 7 nights at Amsterdam Manor from March 18th - March 25th. Our flight landed in Aruba at around 1pm so we got to the hotel fairly early and our room was not ready yet. So we went across the street and had lunch at Passions which is affiliated with the hotel. I loved how close the beautiful Eagle Beach is to the Manor and Passions does serve some pretty good food and snacks as well as drinks.
There were a few hiccups with our stay but all of them were addressed by the staff at the Manor. First was the check-in, I believe regular check-in time was 4pm, since we got there early we just waited along with the rest of the people who arrived early as well but as 4pm approached it seemed as though everyone else was sent to their rooms except for us. We booked a Standard Studio with partial ocean view. The staff didn't address what the delay was but just kept telling us that our room will be ready soon or in 10 minutes...let's just say quite a few 10 minutes passed by before we were able to go to our room. I think we checked in around 5pm.
The next two issues was with our balcony door and our shower. We were told our balcony door was not functioning correctly and it needed to be fixed (and this might have been what caused the delay in checking in). So they advised us to not open the door for the time being, which was fine. They fixed the door the next day while we were out on the beach, so that was addressed fairly quickly.
The issue with the shower was that the water temperature was not stable. It would go from very cold to very hot on it's own. So you can imagine this made showering very difficult and especially with sunburns, when that water suddenly got really hot it hurt! We mentioned this issue to the front desk a couple of times before they finally got maintenance to come take a look. So we did have to endure a few days of this shower situation.
They said that the whole faucet for the shower or piping had to be fixed or replaced because the room above us was having the same issue as well. So, they decided to move us to a new room for the remainder of our stay and offered us a complimentary breakfast at Mango's. The new room was a slight upgrade because it seemed like a Deluxe Studio with a private sitting area in the front. We did appreciate how the situation was handled but we just wished it didn't take 3 days.
Overall, the staff at Amsterdam Manor is very friendly and nice as with the rest of the locals on this happy island. There are two restaurants affiliated with this hotel Mango's and Passions. The service at Mango's can be a little slow during the dinner rush. Both places serve pretty good food. Breakfast is served at Mango's for an additional $17.50 per person.
And lastly, I thought it was such an interesting gesture for the housekeeping staff to bring us 2 dove chocolates every evening at around 7pm. It definitely made our trip that much sweeter.
Thank you to everyone at Amsterdam Manor!
Mr. & Mrs. Li
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive you'll feel the difference. Dutch colonial-style architecture and a Caribbean flair make the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort a special place.....A small hideaway with the luxuries of a large resort, located on a premier beach, Eagle Beach. Warm, friendly personalized service, fine facilities and amenities create an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hotel Amsterdam Manor Beach
- Amsterdam Manor Aruba
- Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach