Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
US$651
US$614
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$282
HolidayInn.com
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$131
US$128
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$490
Marriott
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$378
US$326
Marriott
US$750
US$716
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$1,762
US$947
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$610
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Palace Antillas(Palm - Eagle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,417 results
All reviewsmangosuperior studiohigh rise areapassions restauranthorizons barhoneymoon suiteone bedroom suiterum punchgrocery storehappy hourmini marketsuper foodsbus stopone happy islandlow keyhotel guestsfirst trip to aruba
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My Husband and I traveled with another couple and stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The two bedrooms, one had a king size bed and the other had two single beds. The pool was nice, but we did not use it. The beach was wonderful, with plenty of chairs and palapa's. The staff was very friendly and very helpful from the front desk, to the wait staff to the maintenance and cleaning crews. The only complaint we had was the master room shower did not have hot water. We are already planning on staying there again when we return in Dec 2010. Not many restaurants to choose from near by, so you will need a car or take the bus which picks you up right out front. But the beach is worth having to travel to dinner.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I travel a lot for business and I stay mostly in the US chains. This was a very nice change, very European, quite location and a great beach. If you are looking for glitz and noise go to the high-rise hotels. If you are looking for a relaxed get away this is the place. We had a suite with two bedrooms, living rooms and kitchenette. Easily fit myself, wife and three teenagers. We made a number of meals in the room which saved the hassle of going out and saved on the budget. The staff was great, one of my daughters and my dives was cancel, during Christmas week – very busy, the staff jumped in and had us rebooked in a hour.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank pbuntrock
Reviewed 29 December 2009

After reading all the overwhelmingly positive reviews we decided to give Amstredam Manor a try, what a mistake!!!

We booked our stay with Expedia & arrived just before Xmas. Our studios was simple kitchenette, simple furnishings, cute balcony, bright inside, beach view from a small but charming balcony. We were happy our room was warm but we didn't think much of it so we turned-on the air & went out.

When we returned the room still seemed warm but it was late there appeared to be some air blowing so we turned-in for the night only to wake in a pool of sticky sweat.

The next morning we asked for someone to take a look at the air conditioner, " give us 10 minutes they said!" & 30 minutes later a person showed-up only to disappear w/o saying anything & the problem still wasn't resovled. Eager to start our day & meet-up with our family (the reason we came to Aruba) my husband went to the office to follow-up on the repair as nobody had gotten back to us yet. We were told that there was a mechanical issue & the valve that blew cool air was closed & they were working on the problem. Annoyed & not well-rested we decided to go out & assumed that the issue would be resolved when we got back. But when we returned from a family gathering & we got back to the room we discovered the problem had not been resolved & the system was still blowing only hot, noticing that the air had been turned-up we turned the air to the lowest setting & waited for 30 minutes but our room was still hot & sticky. So we went down to the front desk & asked to be moved. The solution was to let us sleep in a cooler room & address the problem(again!) the next day. We were told we could speak to a manager at 8am, closer to 10am we finally spoke to someone. We talked about the situation & that it had been nearly 2 days & the situation still had wasn't resolved.

The manager was empathetic,apolgetic, & tried to be helpful. She said she thought the problem had been resolved & tried to contact us which was true. We did get a message from her checking on the AC but we didn't return till later she was already gone when we learned there was still a problem. She offered to move us to 2 different rooms both of which while in the same price category were on the ground floor with lesser views, the room we ended-up with had a lovely view of the parking lot. The other room offered appeared smaller ( though we were told it was just layout) & had no balcony to speak of just a table in the courtyard. After seeing the other 2 rooms we told the manager that we liked our room the best & would move only if they couldn't fix the AC as the room we had originally was the nicest room. The manager told us to keep the room key of the cooler room( with the view of the parking lot) in the event the AC in the room with the view couldn't be fixed, she told us ghat staying in our original room would be the best solution for everyone but just in case to pack all our luggage if we did need to be moved. We returned from
more family time @ five to get-ready for Xmas dinner with our family ( yes this was Xmas day!) we 1st tried the room key on the parking lot room & our luggage was there to our rdleif ( or so we thought!...)We went upstairs & our luggage was still there do er assumed that the problem had been resolved & we were staying put. As we got ready for Xmas dinner we noticed the room was still warm, turned the air but same ole. My husband tried to call family regarding dinner plans & the phone now wasn't working. He went to reception to check on the AC & the phone & was told we couldn't make calls because we were being moved to the room downstairs because the AC in the room with a view couldn't be fixed afterall. We were under the impression from management because we were told to pack-up our thongs & we were told that maintanence would be done for the day by 2 that the move (or not) would have taken place in the afternoon not after 5pm Xmas day!!! So in the midst oh getting ready for dinner with our family the front desk moved our things from one room to another. In addition to the room move, which frankly seemed like a downgrade because of the loousy view the manager did offer us cash or credit to placate us for the "challenges" we experienced during our intial stay but there was still such a bitter taste in our mouths from the whole sorted ordeal!!

Despite our rocky start we tried to make the best of things & enjoy some of the more charming aspects that other reviewers wrote of but this also was frought with "challenges". For example, the beach at the hotel is lovely, breath taking really so we decided to watch the sunset at the beach one night. Prior to this we inquired how ling beach furniture was out as we noticed that some properties put away furniture at 5, we were told the furniture stayed out all mnight. However, at 6 pm we were asked to get-off our beach chairs (as the sun went down) because beach longues were put away at 6. We tried to order cocktails from the beach bar & it was closed & wad told it opened after 6. Wr did manage to get 1 drink but were told when we tried to order more that wr couldn't because there was a private party.
We ate dinner at the restaurant, which pleasantly surprised us as being the BEST meal we had on the island, great food, great service only to get a call saying that we couldn't charge the Neal to our room because there was a glitch in the system, my guess is it had to do with the earlier room debacle & transfer. The woman from the restaurant said we needed to come by & pay the restaurant the next day or resolve the issue with the front desk to which I replied the problem with their system was not my issue & the restaurant needed to talk to the front desk & resove the problem themselves because guests at the hotel should be able to chrage items to their room. I did call the front desk to see what the latest issue was and I was told there was a system problem & it was being taken care of. I asked why the restaurant had calked me directly & was told they didn't know.
Asked for more than 1 beach towel for my husband & I and wad refused because I only brought my towel card 1towel per card no exceptions eventhpugh at our traltoved resorts this was anin issues & ifcwr visitedd for an afternoon they simply got extra towels.
Perhaps all the wonderful charming things that other reviewers spoke of are true but our experience was plagued with chaljenge after chalkanged that detracted from the AM's charms. If u r fooli hardy enough to book a stay don't book via Expefia!! However, if I were @ want to be happy on the happy island, I'd recommend save yourself the hassle & just book your vacation somewhere else!! B

We ate dinn
frought with "challenges" The

3  Thank U720
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Just returned (12/12/09). Resort is very, very nice and very very clean. Beach is amazing, white sand, no rocks, clear blue seas!! Beach bar & rest, very good. Passions at night is amazing. Mangos for breakfast or dinner.
Great location!! Had one of the best vacations ever at this resort. Wish I had more room to elaborate. Trust me-great place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2009

First I need you to know the type of traveler my new wife and I are. WE DO NOT STAY OR CARE FOR ALL-INCLUSIVE PROPERTIES. Aruba, like many destinations, proves again why this is to us. The island has so many great places to eat, drink and visit that you will absolutely short yourself by staying in one of the All-Inclusive properties.

Upon Arrival we used DePalm Tours as our transfer company, which was ready and waiting for us when we got through customs and we were the 2nd or 3rd stop on the list so it was about 10-15 mins from the airport.

We were greeted warmly with big smiles at the front desk and given a great Honeymoon gift, that we did pay for in the Honeymoon Package, that included a picture frame, 2 robes that we do use now that were home, a sunset cruise, breakfast in bed, sunset dinner at Passions restaurant and a bottle of Champagne. Sorry if I left things out, but well worth the small price we payed for it.

We arrived well before the 3:00 pm check-in, which was no problem at all, our room was clean and ready for our check-in upon arrival.

The Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort is an awesome property in a perfect Aruban location. The rooms are different, no doubt. We stayed in a first floor room that our door takes us right outside and right between the pool and Mango's Restaurant. The room was clean and properly cleaned everyday. They have flat screen TV's, 2 bathroom sinks, a kitchenette, a Jacuzzi, king size bed, a little outside patio area with a table and chairs, and a table to sit at inside. Our room was on the street side and I didnt hear one peep or anything from the street, the AC didnt in anyway keep me up. If there was a complaint to be made the beds were a little tough and secondly being a taller guy the there was only about a foot from the top of my head to the ceiling in the shower, non of which kept me up at night or thought worth complaining about.

They offered free internet at three computers next to the lobby, a great and unique touch offered by the Amsterdam

Being a Beach person this is the first thing I will check out upon arrival to any beach location. We left our room, crossed the street that I promise you is NO BIG DEAL, yes the public bus and cars use the street, but that's what streets do. There is no traffic, most of the time you didnt even need to stop to cross the 20 feet of road that lies between you and the beach, by law in Aruba, cars have to stop for you, it wasn't even a little inconvenience to us, I promise. It was a total of a 1 minute walk from my room to the OCEAN, not the beach the OCEAN, much much closer than if you were on the 12th floor of a high rise hotel. The Beach is amazing and tranquil, one of the better beaches you will be on. Palapas were plentiful and honestly we didn't even need them most of the time, its December in NJ and we wanted all the sun we could get. The servers came around often bringing drink and food orders or just to hand out free cups of ice water. The Lunch Menu at the Bar is great as well, get the Fish taco's, some of the best I've had. If you like Smoked Salmon they have a smoked salmon wrap that's amazing, great salads and BIG burgers, never had the pizza, but offered about 7-8 different kinds. My wife and I are Italian, my wife being first generation, this makes us espresso drinkers, at the end of every beach day before we left we got espresso, let me tell you not only is this the best espresso in the Caribbean (part 2 of our honeymoon was in St. Martin and even better than that on the French side) but some of the best this side of Italy. Oh yea get a nutty colada, delicious!

Next thing to clarify, we are from Northern New Jersey about 15 miles from NYC, beers cost $5 here and cocktails cost more. I found it refreshing to be in a Caribbean resort that was ONLY charging $5 for beers and $7 for cocktails. Beers were $8 each at the Hyatt and automatic service charge added on top. So value wise at the Beach Bar was awesome! At the bar, they have an awesome staff, Lucy, Giovanni and I think her name is adisal, were awesome, they greeted us, knew our names, knew our drinks and made us feel like we owned the place, they were amazing and the Hotel should know the assets they have out by the beach.

The front desk is amazingly helpful, Julio the guy in activities was great, we came to him with a LIST of activities and reservations that needed to be made and all were done perfectly, actually beyond perfectly, he told everyone we were honeymooners and one the days was my birthday and the things we had planned that day, the vendors knew it was my birthday, again the hotel should know what an asset they have in Julio. I apologize to the girl who worked the day shift at the front desk, I forgot your name, but what a sweetheart, she was always ready to answer all questions we had with a smile and patience.

The restaurants at the hotel are great. Mango's which is on hotel grounds is and enclosed outside spot that offers great food, good wine list, great service for a good price. We ate here our first night, got appetizer, bottle of wine 2 entree's and dessert and I believe the bill was $120 with 15% service charge included, which I tip up to make 20%. Again maybe its cause where I'm from, but this is not an expensive meal, for real food, a bottle wine, desserts and appeys. Yes if this were a TGIF's this would be considered expensive, but I got almond infused red snapper that was absolutely delicious. Accompanied by fantastic service and a bottle of wine this was a great value.

Passions is the restaurant on the beach. We had 6:00 pm sunset reservations on our last night. This is one of the most romantic dinners I have eaten. Great food, great service, full meal, wine, appeys, entrees dessert, was all outshined by spending an amazing few hours with my wife from sunset to eating and laughing under the stars. Great experience.

I played golf at Tierra Del Sol Golf Course, which was awesome, my wife drove the cart for her first experience on a golf course and she loved it. We went to Baby Beach which is a far drive for Aruba standards BUT WELL Worth it, amazing beach, stop at the street vendor on your way in for some Awa di Coco (coconut water) and other coconut treats. rent a jeep and offroad down by the lighthouse or risk you life on an adventure to the Natural Pool (not totally worth it), eat at the Flying Fishbone, The Chefs Table, El Guacho, or Gianna's for some Italian.

Great Trip and thanks again to the staff at the Amsterdam

All in all I wouldn't even look into other hotels when I return to Aruba, which unfortunately will be some time before I do, for no other reason than I have many places I want to see for the first time. Part 2 of our Honeymoon was at the Sonesto Maho Beach Resort in St. Maarten if you want to check that out.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple