Ah Manchebo, what can I say? Your resort was as close to perfect for us as we have experienced in the Caribbean. I'm not sure why most sites have you at 3 1/2 stars as we have stayed at 4 and 4 1/2 starred places that pale in comparison! We just returned from a wonderful 8 days there and wish we were still there! If you want crowds, nonstop action, noise, parties, and getting up at 4 am to get a Palapa, this is not the place for you. If you want peaceful, relaxation, great food, friendly personable staff and a beach chair and Palapa anytime you choose to walk out the door, then this is your place. Even at full capacity its not crowded! Only what 72 rooms which was great. The staff is able to get to know everyone unlike the huge highrises. There is a casino across the street and a short cab right to any club or bar if you want to go out.
The common complaints about other resorts we heard on the plane home does NOT apply here. We heard lack of hot water, no water pressure in shower, musty smells and air conditioners not really cooling as common complaints. Not at Manchebo! The rooms are not large but comfortable and clean. Modern in appearance. Most comfortable bed I've encountered at a Caribbean resort. Super cold air conditioner. It didn't smell musty which is amazing in a beach room. The shower was fabulous with a rain shower head and another regular head. The only thing I wondered was why there wasn't a lip to keep the water from getting all over. Plenty of hot water.
The beach is stunning. Large, white sand beach with plenty of chairs and shade. Even space between so you are not all crammed together on the beach. We visited Palm beach and were so glad we went with the larger, less crowded Eagle Beach even though the water is a little rougher on Eagle Beach or at least while we were there.
The restaurants are really good.
Pega Pega: I do wish PegaPega had a few more snacky options at lunch as I'm not one to want a lot of food at lunch. Nachos, pizza or just pico and guacamole with chips would've been great. The samples with the quesadilla was really good. Thanks to the beach server for keeping us hydrated and being so nice! Thanks to Nacho and Phebus(sorry if I misspelled that) for the laughs and entertainment! The burgers are huge and enough to split with someone. :) All the ladies were wonderful as well. Sorry to those I didn't get your names.
Ike's Bistro: Our favorite for dinner. Best tomato soup ever. Wish I had the recipe to get me through the cold winter. Everything else fabulous as well. Wish I had a big plate of red snapper or filet mignon right now! Jean, Jason and the gang, thanks for the great service! As soon as the renovation is complete it will be 5 stars all the way. The food already is!
French Steakhouse is good as well! Great lobster tail and filet combo. Thanks Harold for the great service there.
We look forward to returning to Manchebo and we have never stayed at the same resort twice in the past!
Cher and Jason
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach