“Beautiful views of the sunset everyday!”

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful views of the sunset everyday!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for a destination wedding - you are footsteps from the beach! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Debbie was great - she welcomed us with a Mojoito and even made our dinner reservations for us. It is easy access to downtown and the highrise area is just a 15 minute taxi ride. We never waited for taxi's they were always there. The wedding was here as well and it was beautiful - the food was great. They have a breakfast buffet every day for $15 and you will love it!! I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View - lower level
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cha1962

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
LaGrange Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was a beautiful place in paradise! The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because we booked a deluxe ocean view room and when we got there they said they were over booked and could not give us our room we reserved until two days later. They did comp us with a spa visit but still I wanted what I paid for.

There were a lot of return visitors which made me feel at ease. I could definitely understand why! We will be back that is for sure. The staff is extremely pleasant and efficient. The rooms are very comfortable and the food is to die for!

Room Tip: We chose the deluxe ocean front room. It was beautiful. But really, how much time do you spend in...
2 Thank amb1226
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I (in our late 20’s, early 30’s) just returned from a 5 day trip to Aruba. We stayed the first 3 nights at the Manchebo.

The resort is quite, clean, friendly and very cute. The front desk staff, were all incredibly sweet and attentive. Check in was easy and quick and we were quickly in our room (room #8). I booked our trip with Mike at Dream Makers, so the reservation was made by him. The man who brought our bags to our room was a very sweet old man but he definitely hung around till he received his tip. (So be expected to have cash in your hand, as there will be no time or privacy for a bathroom break or stretch after your long plane ride until he receives his little tip. That was my only run in at the resort where it was obvious that a tip was expected/wanted and he wasn’t pushy but it was obvious. I just wanted to use the washroom and had a cloudy head after being in the air for 10 hours).

We were provided with a coupe free drink coupons and two free yoga coupons. I would have loved to participate in the yoga but time-wise it never seemed to line up for us and what we were doing those days. We also were given a chilled bottle of champagne when we got to our room, which was a nice little treat.

Our room was clean and was a nice location from the beach, lobby, pool and bar. The bed did give us grief though. The mattress itself was clean and seemed new... however the bed frame did not provide any support to the box spring or the mattress so the bed was bowed, which resulted in us having a poor sleep each night. We ended up actually putting the mattress on the ground our last night in order to get a better sleep. There was a working safe, microwave and a small cooler to use. Although the cooler didn’t fit normal size small water bottles, so if you have a collapsible one at home, I suggest bringing it with you.

The beach was very wide and we never had any issues getting a palapa/hut. The staff who were in charge of the chairs and drinks on the beach were kind and hardworking. The water did seem to drop off/get deep quickly and was a little more wavy/rough at this part of the beach compared to other areas in Aruba in which we walked and played in (it was find for an adult but as a mother of a 4 and 2 year old, I would have opted for a different area for them to play in the water). The beach itself was clean, bright and beautiful. The trade winds kept you comfortable in the heat. If a bigger gust of wind did pick up and you were low to the sand, sometimes the sand would ‘sandblast you’ but it really wasn’t a huge concern at all. Make sure to reapply sunscreen constantly. The trade winds make you feel cool and kind of hide the fact that you are burning ☺

We had supper at the resort once. The steak was delicious. The lunch menu at the bar area a few times (I forgot the name) wasn’t a huge menu but the food was good, not greasy and was quite tasty. The breakfast I didn’t feel was worth the money. We had breakfasts at other locations and at the other hotel we stayed at and I feel it was a little overpriced for what was offered.

There is a little market right across the street. There was a baskin robins/dunkin donuts, an aruba aloe store, a spa, casino, jewelry store and a market store (which had water, juice, foods, souvenirs, and all your basic needs). The market was clean and I felt safe waking there and back by myself. The staff were friendly and helpful. The market store and the Aruba Aloe store accepted credit cards while the baskin robins store only accepted cash (just a heads up).

Taxi from Manchebo to the high-rise area was 9 dollars each way. There was a RBC bank machine, which dispensed the local currency as well as US funds in the High Rise area on the main street for those who bank with the Royal Bank of Canada. ☺

We ate most of our meals in the high-rise area at the restaurants around there and had some great meals and even some genuinely authentic Italian meals (I became a bit of a food snob for Italian food after visiting Italy)

The WIFI was also a problem for us all week as other reviewers had mentioned. The wifi worked on the beach and the lobby and that was it for us.

We did not use the spa services but we did do the Garara Rufa Fish (Doctor Fish) that is located at the spa area but ran by a Dutch Lady who does not work for Manchebo. It cost $25 for 30 minutes per person and was a great experience. I highly suggest it.

12 Thank Dixie M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I have been going to Manchebo for over ten years,The people who work there,are the best in aruba. They also have one of the top beaches,in aruba. The French Steakhouse is on site,and is a great place to have a fantastic dinner.

Room Tip: Ocean front roomsare the best,just open the door and you are on the beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bernie65me
CT
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just returned from a 5 day stay at the Manchebo. Its a quality small resort that's a little older so not as fancy as some of the newer ones on either side of it The staff is attentive and there seems to be someone cleaning every thing in the place all the time.The rooms are a little small but well appointed if not overly fancy.The resort could use a bit of an updating but overall a nice experience. We ate lunches there every day but went off resort for dinners and went across the street for coffee and breakfast so I cant comment on the food too much though the lunches were very good. The beach is vast and clean gh shade with enough shady palapas to go around. Trade winds keep it comfortable but you need sunscreen all the time.
Not an elegant resort but very good value and a pleasurable place.
WiFI WAS a problem all week only worked in the lobby

Room Tip: Get a deluaxe Ocean view room worth the extra expense
1 Thank drjoek
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here about a month ago in March. We will definitely be coming back. The beach is spectacular and it's incredibly wide. At some of the hotels you can see people are practically on top of each other, not at Manchebo. There was so much space on the beach I was like Julie Andrews spinning on top of the mountain in SOUND OF MUSIC. The room was up to date. I didn't hear the Three's Company theme when I walked in. The rooms are either very well taken care of or they have been redone in the last five years. I never had any issue with the staff being unfriendly or unaccommodating. My husband and I had several restaurant recommendations from friends so we did not do the all inclusive and ate most of our dinners outside the hotel. The food at the beach bar, Pega-Pega, was very good. We had lunch there every day. The only dinner we had was at Ike's bistro and it was ok. That is the only negative thing I would say about the hotel. Otherwise it's a gem. I hope to be spinning in glorious joy on the white sands of Manchebo Beach Resort again soon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for beachfront. The way the hotel is angled the beachfront rooms have unobstruct...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed 4 days at the Manchebo resort in April. We absolutely loved the fact that the resort is on the beach. The rooms are well decorated, and most overlook the Ocean.

The resort does not have a casino like many others in Aruba and has all the benefits and downsides of a smaller place. We really enjoyed how personal it felt (by the second day you know all the staff), the fact that there are 3 restaurants on site, and that you basically have a quiet, private beach away from all the massive hotels farther north. Drinks were pretty affordable. My wife also very much liked the spa. The pool is on the smaller side, but serves its purpose for washing off the salt from the sea which is steps away.

2 Thank WalterZDC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!