Really wanted to love this resort but it just fell short in too many areas. At a high level below is how it stacked up for us:
1. Beautiful rooms with convenient in-room amenities (fridge, microwave, steam shower).
2. The staff was top notch. Housekeeping in particular went over and above every day and people genuinely seemed to love their jobs and were happy to be there.
3. The gift shop was one of the best we’ve visited. It was well stocked with everything you could need and was very reasonably priced.
1. Absolutely hated the food. Not only were the choices limited, it was disappointing to not have more higher end seafood on the menu. I’ve never stayed at a hotel in the Caribbean that did not have lobster and crab dishes on the menu every day. I’ve also never had to leave to go off property to get food. Usually I’m spoiled for choice and can’t get enough of the selection.
2. Would have loved to have more life after dark. The place was so quiet and like a ghost town as soon as the sun went down.
3. In-room wi-fi and cable didn’t work half the time. This coupled with the lack of things happening at night made for very boring evenings.
With a few tweaks I think this place would be a top contender so hopefully management sees this review and makes a few changes as we plan to head back to Aruba next year and would give it another shot if the negatives were turned around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach