Trip date : September 2013 . Married Sept 6. I'm the 30 yr old Groom.
This was the trip i will remember forever. I won't type three pages of useless info. Everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for more. Not very far from the airport, but just long enough to drive through the local towns and see the stores, which they are not missing. Our group consisted of 4 people in their 20's , 2 x 50's, and one baby. Everyone had a blast.
Drinks: Upon arrival we were greeted with the local favorite Mojito's! That's turned out to be my drink of the entire stay minus a few drinks that i just had to try. They grow their own fresh mint, i would see the workers picking them for the bars at around 7 am getting ready. Bar service and drinks were top notch. They have many many options. And they don't cheap out on the alcohol. Good coffee and Expresso.
Food: Long story short. I gained 11lbs in 7 days. lol Still working on losing that. The food was AMAZING. Buffet for breakfest, options for everyone even the picky people. Lunch had all the sandwhich options possible + lots more. Its the suppers that were way too good. To the point where it takes 15 mins to figure out what you want. Sea food, filet mignon, risotto, all the good stuff. The main chef is a renowned local celeb you could say. There own Ramsay. I almost wish the food wasnt as good. Since i got married a few days into the trip, i actually had a hard time fitting my "fitted suit", not cool.
The rooms: Couldn't have asked for more. Extremely clean. Room service was great and not pushy. The bathroom made me hate my own at home. It was brand new and fancy. No bath, just a huge shower. The AC was crazy , kept my room at 67! My eye glasses would freeze over walking out of the room in the morning. The whole room seemed 100% new. Free wi-fi.
The beach: The beach at this place is considered to be the best one on the whole island and i see why. It's the deepest one. You never have to close to anyone. Plenty of places and chairs and was 100% clean. Don't forget your red flag for the bar service in your chair. I'm not even a huge beach fan "being a red head" but this place changed my views.
The wedding: A huge thanks to Nyoka Edwards and her sister Norlene Edwards. They created a "turn key" wedding for us. We really didn't have to do much at all. They even drove us to the city hall and everything. But for the women reading, the beach wedding was something special. We had my wifes closest family there, 6 people total and it was just perfect. You may have some spectators on the beach watching but it actually made it more "movie star" wedding. We felt special. They have everything on the premises as far as nails, hair, photographer etc. Ill say it again, i guarantee that was the easiest but beautiful wedding. All i had to do was get dressed and head out to the ceremony all setup on the beach ready to go. You even get matching bride and groom shirts after lol. Everything went smooth as butter.
In the Town: Endless cool shops. Casinos. A lot of jewelry shops. Clothing, restaurants. Taxis are everywhere and are cheap. No worries in town etc.. Its far from being a poor area.
I wish i would have wrote this review sooner so i would remember everyone's name who made it a very special time. If you remember us, i thank you all greatly.
My wife and I will definitely be going back. No question. Im pretty positive no other beach destinations will ever top this, maybe Bora Bora but thats 5 x the price. I've been to Jamaica, Cuba etc. The worst part of the whole trip, leaving. Cheezy but true.
If anyone has questions etc.. I would be glad to answer. t w i n t u r b o 0 5 @hotmail.com . Don't put any spaces in the e-mail. I just don't want an e-mail bot to pick it up.
Jean-Marc & Diana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach