If you prefer a quiet resort with fantastic staff, excellent dining and plenty beach/ sunbed space then the Manchebo is the place. The room is perfectly suited for a couple (there were 3 of us and it was a wee bit tight) and has all the facilities required, e.g. safe, fridge, microwave and a wonderful "drench" shower. The staff are excellent and that goes from reception (thank you Magda!!) to waiting and concierge.
We did the AI plan and again this suited us - I really don't like the "buffet" type plans where the food is all pre-prepared and you help yourself. Manchebo offers a couple of excellent dining options (Ike's and the French Steakhouse and the Pega Pega bar for lunch) Where the food is all prepared freshly. While the food is excellent we did have 1 evening where we had a long wait for food (not a huge issue as weren't doing anything else!!) and saw the same thing happen to other people the following night. The only other potential drawback is that the menus don't change so if staying more than 5 or 6 nights it would become a bit boring. There is the "dine around" plan (which we used) and offers a choice of 6 other off site restaurants to use for 1 night.
If you prefer to be in the centre of an area with lots of restaurants, shopping, night life, etc then go to the high rise area. However downtown Oranjestad is only 5/10 mins away by taxi so we found Manchebo offered us the flexibility of a quiet, peaceful resort with the ability to be quickly in the heart of the action!!!
Overall for us it was excellent - although I wouldn't bring kids (younger than 15/16) and wouldn't stay much longer than 6 or 7 nights. I'd also recommend the Ocean front rooms as you are basically on the beach!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, West Indies, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach