When my husband and I decided to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Aruba my only request was that we find a place to unwind and relax. Because we couldn't get away exactly on our anniversary date we brought our two girls along (age 19 and 10). And every one of was ready to relax after a hectic summer. So when we arrived and were offered a cool towel and a mojito, the tone was set.
I've never had a total relaxation vacation where the entire atmosphere is designed to make you relax. Manchebo is all about that. Nothing was ever crowded. We usually sat in the same area of the outdoor pavilion daily. Always had a chaise at the pool and the girls typically sat on the beach sunning. While there were kids there they went along with the peace to the point where it never disturbed anyone else.
I felt like I was in my own private resort.
And the service...Nacio, Fannie, Alejandra and the entire staff in Pega Pega took such good care of us. I know I'm forgetting someone and I hate that but I didn't always catch a name. Quite frankly the entire staff delivers on service. I didn't have a single complaint.
I don't know why everyone doesn't do the inclusive. It's a great deal because you don't have to waste precious relaxing time budgeting. Being able to get a drink or snack when we wanted made the inclusive price well worth it. It felt odd not tipping every time but the mandatory 15% service fee takes the pressure off. Also another reason to do the inclusive. Breakfast ran a cool $80 a day and dinner was rarely under $250. For a family the inclusive was the best deal
It takes a little getting used to the birds jockeying for food but here's a tip, during breakfast get two plates and if you must leave the table, cover your food with the empty plate. Otherwise be prepared to share your meal with the birds.
One night we walked to the casino and ended up at One of the Divi resorts. They had dancers and kiddies running around and several huge bars. People were having a ball. And as we walked away both my daughters said, I'm glad we're staying at the quiet resort. And so was I. Manchebo sets the tone, forcing you to focus on unwinding. A sax or guitar player during dinner or happy hour but no constant need to entertain guests. By 8 the resort is quiet and dark, allowing for quiet walks or relaxing on the beach.
The pool closes at 6:30 so those at Ike's wanting to dine poolside can, free of noise or getting splashed. I think this was a shock to a few folks just arriving but it was one of the many ways the resort facilitated relaxing with a simple subtle rule. 6:30 starts the dinner hour. I loved the subtle structure.
Staying at a high rise was never an option for us. Being entertained 24 hours a day gets exhausting. You won't leave Manchebo exhausted. Our 10 year old enjoyed the pool and the beach and the rest of us enjoyed the quiet.
Not returning is not an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach