“Best Honeymoon Ever!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellingham, Washington
“Best Honeymoon Ever!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved our stay and Manchebo! It felt like our tropical home. The staff was welcoming and so friendly. Carmen was by far the best bartender! Her cocktails are better than any I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Carmen's lemoncello is spectacular, nothing else like it. We will miss her dearly. Not only is...
3 Thank Kim S
FreyaManchebo, Quality Assurance Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your brief review.
It's wonderful to hear you like your 'tropical home'.
Carmen is a great bartender and we are very proud to have her at the Manchebo team.
She even won one of the bartenders contests on Aruba:).
We would love to see you back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
Treorchy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We never go to the same place two years in a row but that's what we did this year after going to the Manchebo last year and we were not disappointed. The hotel is not big but the rooms are comfortable and kept spotlessly clean. The staff are really friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The beach is fantastic and we were lucky enough to be there this year when the turtles hatched which was a once in a lifetime experience.
We love this place so much that we have booked again for next year and cant wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view room, the views are worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ynyswenman
Thank you for your fantastic review.
We are glad you came back again for the 2nd time and decided to come back next year.
Our friendly staff is looking forward to welcome you back.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When my husband and I decided to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Aruba my only request was that we find a place to unwind and relax. Because we couldn't get away exactly on our anniversary date we brought our two girls along (age 19 and 10). And every one of was ready to relax after a hectic summer. So when we arrived and were offered a cool towel and a mojito, the tone was set.

I've never had a total relaxation vacation where the entire atmosphere is designed to make you relax. Manchebo is all about that. Nothing was ever crowded. We usually sat in the same area of the outdoor pavilion daily. Always had a chaise at the pool and the girls typically sat on the beach sunning. While there were kids there they went along with the peace to the point where it never disturbed anyone else.

I felt like I was in my own private resort.

And the service...Nacio, Fannie, Alejandra and the entire staff in Pega Pega took such good care of us. I know I'm forgetting someone and I hate that but I didn't always catch a name. Quite frankly the entire staff delivers on service. I didn't have a single complaint.

I don't know why everyone doesn't do the inclusive. It's a great deal because you don't have to waste precious relaxing time budgeting. Being able to get a drink or snack when we wanted made the inclusive price well worth it. It felt odd not tipping every time but the mandatory 15% service fee takes the pressure off. Also another reason to do the inclusive. Breakfast ran a cool $80 a day and dinner was rarely under $250. For a family the inclusive was the best deal

It takes a little getting used to the birds jockeying for food but here's a tip, during breakfast get two plates and if you must leave the table, cover your food with the empty plate. Otherwise be prepared to share your meal with the birds.

One night we walked to the casino and ended up at One of the Divi resorts. They had dancers and kiddies running around and several huge bars. People were having a ball. And as we walked away both my daughters said, I'm glad we're staying at the quiet resort. And so was I. Manchebo sets the tone, forcing you to focus on unwinding. A sax or guitar player during dinner or happy hour but no constant need to entertain guests. By 8 the resort is quiet and dark, allowing for quiet walks or relaxing on the beach.

The pool closes at 6:30 so those at Ike's wanting to dine poolside can, free of noise or getting splashed. I think this was a shock to a few folks just arriving but it was one of the many ways the resort facilitated relaxing with a simple subtle rule. 6:30 starts the dinner hour. I loved the subtle structure.

Staying at a high rise was never an option for us. Being entertained 24 hours a day gets exhausting. You won't leave Manchebo exhausted. Our 10 year old enjoyed the pool and the beach and the rest of us enjoyed the quiet.

Not returning is not an option.

Room Tip: We had ocean view which I enjoyed. Glad we had the second floor for the view and privacy. Not sure t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Paula C
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our stay at Manchebo was awesome! the staff is very friendly, helpful and attentive. Our room was always clean and the view of the beach from the balcony was simply beautiful. I will visit Manchebo again soon!

2 Thank andrea d
Thank you for your simply awesome review!
We hope to see you back anytime soon.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Originally we made reservations to stay at the Westin for our honeymoon however were notified that they were closing their doors and needed to find another place to stay. That is when we found Manchebo, an all inclusive private boutique resort. We couldnt of been happier choosing this resort vs a high rise in an overpopulated part of the island.

Our stay was fantastic. Staff was great! They treated us like family. Rooms were nice (not a bad seat in the house). The beach was beautiful and quiet. We never had an issue grabbing a hut. Food was tasty. We stayed 7 days and never got sick of the menu.

It's the perfect getaway for your honeymoon and all inclusive is the way to go. You dont have to worry about anything and gratuity is already included. There were some kids walking around but nothing like the Marriot, Radisson, etc. Manchebo provides a very romantic setting. There arent very many places we would return to but Aruba is one of those places that feels like home. Now I understand why people go back.

Do yourself a favor. Stay at Manchebo.

Room Tip: Dont spend the extra money on beach front. It all is pretty much beach front.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel R
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Words can hardly describe how wonderful our stay for our 15th anniversary was, from the moment we arrived and were treated to a cool cloth and mojito, followed by a bucket of champagne waiting in our room, to the moment we left, when we were given a "treat bag" to take to the airport! If you want a resort where the employees genuinely care about their guests having an amazing stay, this is it. We originally planned to stay at a chain hotel in the "high rise" area, but reviews about having to get up at 6 am to reserve a palapa and a crowded beach sent us to Manchebo, and BOY OH BOY, we could not be happier about that! No problem getting a palapa here at any time or a seat with an umbrella at the pool, any time of the day! In fact, we had our choice of palapas about 30 feet from the door to our first floor room, which walked right out and had an amazing view of the beach. The most people around us at any given time was not more than 10 or so. We happened to pass by the "high rise" area on a tour of the island and noted it was so busy & crowded with people packed in trying to enjoy a sliver of paradise. At Manchebo Beach, we LOVED being able to put out our flag and have cool drinks and delicious lunches (our favorite were the fish tacos!) delivered right to our lounge chair. We also are glad we opted for the all-inclusive program. I need to stress that "a la carte" all-inclusive where not everyone at the hotel is on that plan is TOTALLY different from the mass buffets that you get at a standard all-inclusive. We did choose the buffet for breakfast most days, but we also had the option of ordering from the menu. The REAL star here is Ike's Restaurant at night! Every meal was some of the best food we've ever eaten with fantastic service, served in generous portions--for each meal, we enjoyed an appetizer, salad, entree & dessert--our favorites were the sea bass & filet, with the chocolate torte TDF. The whole process did take about two hours, but we certainly did not mind--eating dinner outside under the stars with the live saxophone in the background was so romantic, even more special that one night we had a Super Moon! We especially enjoyed the service by Nayo & Jason, and the female manager who was genuinely interested in making sure we were enjoying each meal. We ate at the French Restaurant one evening, which also was good, but we much preferred eating outside. In fact, we loved Ike's so much that we declined the option of eating outside the property one night offered on the all-inclusive plan because we were afraid the food would not be as good.

We went to this resort for peace and quiet, and we got it. The room had one of THE most comfortable beds I've had at a hotel, with plenty of comfortable pillows. NO way would we have wanted to leave it at 6 am to stand in line to get a palapa! We enjoyed having the fridge to keep water and the microwave. We also loved being able to open our door as we got ready for dinner and hear the steel pan player in the Pega Pega beach bar. The week was topped off by a relaxing massage from Rocio in a hut with the cool ocean breezes and hearing the waves.

I truly can't say enough good things about this resort, and I totally see now why so many people go back year after year. My husband and I don't usually return to resorts because we like to visit new ones, but I am afraid Manchebo may have us hooked!

Room Tip: First floor ocean view rooms walk right out onto the beach.
8 Thank lvethebluewaters
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was so happy with this trip and my stay at Manchebo! We did the all-inclusive and I was not disappointed. Although they offer fewer restaurant choices than some other resorts, we were overall very pleased. In fact, we initially planned to go off-property for at least a couple of dinners; the food was so good at Ike's Bistro that we ended up there all but one evening. The staff was exceptionally nice and they remembered us by name (and sometimes drink of choice :) ). I found the rooms and common areas to be clean and well maintained. I did make use of the Spa and enjoyed a super relaxing deep-tissue massage. I also enjoyed the Yoga and Pilates offered at the resort. The beach was BEAUTIFUL. The beach areas in the high-rise section do not compare at all--the beaches at Manchebo are much bigger and provide more space around the palapas.

During our stay we noticed that most of the guests were repeat guests, and I could see why. I will definitely return to Manchebo.

Room Tip: We stayed garden front, and it was still only a matter of steps to the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Susan L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!