My wife and I recently returned from 7 days at Manchebo. Having first researched resorts and read various reviews for months, we chose Manchebo and went with high expectations. With the exception of an initial "hiccup" upon arrival, Manchebo did not disappoint.
We have had the opportunity to vacation in Aruba twice before. Both of those visits were in the Palm Beach, high rise area. This was our first stay in the Eagle Beach, low rise section. Everything you have read about the ocean and beach in this section is true. It is awesome!! I am not necessarily an ocean/beach person, but it is truly wonderful... perfect for relaxing, reading, sun-bathing, whatever. The water is CLEAR and perfectly refreshing. There are plenty of palapas at Manchebo so there is no concern about finding one at whatever time you show up at the beach.
We chose the all-inclusive option. That is most convenient for us. Manchebo has a terrific system for providing cold drinks to their guests while they are on the beach. Simply plant a flag in the sand and one of the hard-working staff comes and brings whatever you'd like. Because they serve beer with a bucket if ice, it was truly the coldest beer I've enjoyed while visiting the Caribbean. The selection of brands is also quite good.
It is the staff at Manchebo that really sets it apart. Manchebo is a relatively small resort so they get to know their guests on a personal level. They treat you as friends and have a real interest that your vacation is perfect. We could name names (Carmen, Joraine, Jason, Angel, Phoebus, Sandra, Freya) but it really is everyone.
Even though the food is delicious and presented wonderfully, during our week at Manchebo we ate away from the resort once for a change of menu. Elliot's Italian Restaurant is more or less across the parking lot. We had a delicious meal and would recommend dining there if you felt like some variety.
My wife and I both enjoy going to the casino while on vacation. The Alhambra was very close. We both felt that it was only fair. They need an upgrade in their choices for slot machines. Also, it was quite smoky but that may be the norm when it comes to casinos.
Room tip: We stayed on the second floor and had an ocean view. This was very nice but the balcony was tiny. If I were choosing my room over...or for my next visit, I would opt for one of the rooms on the first floor, ocean front (21,22, 23). Here, you can literally walk out onto the beach, have a larger patio area, walk over to the bar at Pega Pega...looks like a better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Caribbean vacation experience begins at our intimate, 2-story boutique resort located on the shores of majestic Eagle Beach, an ideal place for romantic and rejuvenating getaways. The Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Garden View Rooms offer attention to details and amenities, including spa-like bathrooms offering a rain/waterfall shower. The wellness experience includes a beach-side exotic Caribbean-Balinese style spa offering a variety of massages, body treatments as well as yoga & Pilates classes and fitness room. Optional premium fully a-la-carte all-inclusive program available featuring Ike's Bistro, The Chophouse and Omakase Sushi Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchebo Beach Resort And Spa
- Manchebo Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach