“Super Staff!!”

Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I recently returned from 7 days at Manchebo. Having first researched resorts and read various reviews for months, we chose Manchebo and went with high expectations. With the exception of an initial "hiccup" upon arrival, Manchebo did not disappoint.

We have had the opportunity to vacation in Aruba twice before. Both of those visits were in the Palm Beach, high rise area. This was our first stay in the Eagle Beach, low rise section. Everything you have read about the ocean and beach in this section is true. It is awesome!! I am not necessarily an ocean/beach person, but it is truly wonderful... perfect for relaxing, reading, sun-bathing, whatever. The water is CLEAR and perfectly refreshing. There are plenty of palapas at Manchebo so there is no concern about finding one at whatever time you show up at the beach.

We chose the all-inclusive option. That is most convenient for us. Manchebo has a terrific system for providing cold drinks to their guests while they are on the beach. Simply plant a flag in the sand and one of the hard-working staff comes and brings whatever you'd like. Because they serve beer with a bucket if ice, it was truly the coldest beer I've enjoyed while visiting the Caribbean. The selection of brands is also quite good.

It is the staff at Manchebo that really sets it apart. Manchebo is a relatively small resort so they get to know their guests on a personal level. They treat you as friends and have a real interest that your vacation is perfect. We could name names (Carmen, Joraine, Jason, Angel, Phoebus, Sandra, Freya) but it really is everyone.

Even though the food is delicious and presented wonderfully, during our week at Manchebo we ate away from the resort once for a change of menu. Elliot's Italian Restaurant is more or less across the parking lot. We had a delicious meal and would recommend dining there if you felt like some variety.

My wife and I both enjoy going to the casino while on vacation. The Alhambra was very close. We both felt that it was only fair. They need an upgrade in their choices for slot machines. Also, it was quite smoky but that may be the norm when it comes to casinos.

Room tip: We stayed on the second floor and had an ocean view. This was very nice but the balcony was tiny. If I were choosing my room over...or for my next visit, I would opt for one of the rooms on the first floor, ocean front (21,22, 23). Here, you can literally walk out onto the beach, have a larger patio area, walk over to the bar at Pega Pega...looks like a better option.

7  Thank stormy1_10
FreyaManchebo, Quality Assurance Manager at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback.
Were glad that the "hiccup" didn't effect your vacation experience at our Resort.
It's great to hear that we met your expectation and you met our 'Super Staff'.
Our beach is indeed not comparable to the beach at the High Rise Hotel Area. We are very proud with such a beautiful beach.
No need to wake up early for a chair or palapa. More time to really enjoy your vacation.
Our beach service is enjoyed by all our guests and makes the beach experience extra relaxing.
We offer different brands of beer at our bar.
Thank you for mentioning some of our staff that stood out. Our staff honestly care about our guests. Happy you loved our food as well.
We see you hopefully back soon!!

There are newer reviews for Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from staying at the Manchebo Beach Resort and purchased the all-inclusive package. This was our first all-inclusive stay and we haven't really heard too many good things about all-inclusive resorts so we were a little skeptical. The Manchebo Beach Resort didn't disappoint us at all. The food was EXCELLENT and the drinks were great and even included premium alcohol. We have been on many cruises and always enjoy the food. This resort provided the same type of food and dining as the cruise ships! The staff would go out of their way to make our stay everything that we dreamed of! The resort is very quiet and romantic, no loud partiers. Upon check-in we were greeted with mojitos and at check-out we were given a little care package to take on the airplane with us. We have already made our plans to stay there again! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean front 2nd floor room and an ocean view 1st floor room and we enjoyed our 1st f...
6  Thank Dana M

Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy to hear to you had a good stay and enjoyed our all-inclusive package.
Were glad we didn't disappointed you and that you found our food EXCELLENT.
We are indeed a quiet and romantic Resort.
Our staff is looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved our stay and Manchebo! It felt like our tropical home. The staff was welcoming and so friendly. Carmen was by far the best bartender! Her cocktails are better than any I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Carmen's lemoncello is spectacular, nothing else like it. We will miss her dearly. Not only is...
3  Thank Kim S

Thank you for your brief review.
It's wonderful to hear you like your 'tropical home'.
Carmen is a great bartender and we are very proud to have her at the Manchebo team.
She even won one of the bartenders contests on Aruba:).
We would love to see you back again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We never go to the same place two years in a row but that's what we did this year after going to the Manchebo last year and we were not disappointed. The hotel is not big but the rooms are comfortable and kept spotlessly clean. The staff are really friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The beach is fantastic and we were lucky enough to be there this year when the turtles hatched which was a once in a lifetime experience.
We love this place so much that we have booked again for next year and cant wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Choose a ocean view room, the views are worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ynyswenman

Thank you for your fantastic review.
We are glad you came back again for the 2nd time and decided to come back next year.
Our friendly staff is looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

When my husband and I decided to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Aruba my only request was that we find a place to unwind and relax. Because we couldn't get away exactly on our anniversary date we brought our two girls along (age 19 and 10). And every one of was ready to relax after a hectic summer. So when we arrived and were offered a cool towel and a mojito, the tone was set.

I've never had a total relaxation vacation where the entire atmosphere is designed to make you relax. Manchebo is all about that. Nothing was ever crowded. We usually sat in the same area of the outdoor pavilion daily. Always had a chaise at the pool and the girls typically sat on the beach sunning. While there were kids there they went along with the peace to the point where it never disturbed anyone else.

I felt like I was in my own private resort.

And the service...Nacio, Fannie, Alejandra and the entire staff in Pega Pega took such good care of us. I know I'm forgetting someone and I hate that but I didn't always catch a name. Quite frankly the entire staff delivers on service. I didn't have a single complaint.

I don't know why everyone doesn't do the inclusive. It's a great deal because you don't have to waste precious relaxing time budgeting. Being able to get a drink or snack when we wanted made the inclusive price well worth it. It felt odd not tipping every time but the mandatory 15% service fee takes the pressure off. Also another reason to do the inclusive. Breakfast ran a cool $80 a day and dinner was rarely under $250. For a family the inclusive was the best deal

It takes a little getting used to the birds jockeying for food but here's a tip, during breakfast get two plates and if you must leave the table, cover your food with the empty plate. Otherwise be prepared to share your meal with the birds.

One night we walked to the casino and ended up at One of the Divi resorts. They had dancers and kiddies running around and several huge bars. People were having a ball. And as we walked away both my daughters said, I'm glad we're staying at the quiet resort. And so was I. Manchebo sets the tone, forcing you to focus on unwinding. A sax or guitar player during dinner or happy hour but no constant need to entertain guests. By 8 the resort is quiet and dark, allowing for quiet walks or relaxing on the beach.

The pool closes at 6:30 so those at Ike's wanting to dine poolside can, free of noise or getting splashed. I think this was a shock to a few folks just arriving but it was one of the many ways the resort facilitated relaxing with a simple subtle rule. 6:30 starts the dinner hour. I loved the subtle structure.

Staying at a high rise was never an option for us. Being entertained 24 hours a day gets exhausting. You won't leave Manchebo exhausted. Our 10 year old enjoyed the pool and the beach and the rest of us enjoyed the quiet.

Not returning is not an option.

Room Tip: We had ocean view which I enjoyed. Glad we had the second floor for the view and privacy. Not sure t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our stay at Manchebo was awesome! the staff is very friendly, helpful and attentive. Our room was always clean and the view of the beach from the balcony was simply beautiful. I will visit Manchebo again soon!

2  Thank andrea d

Thank you for your simply awesome review!
We hope to see you back anytime soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Originally we made reservations to stay at the Westin for our honeymoon however were notified that they were closing their doors and needed to find another place to stay. That is when we found Manchebo, an all inclusive private boutique resort. We couldnt of been happier choosing this resort vs a high rise in an overpopulated part of the island.

Our stay was fantastic. Staff was great! They treated us like family. Rooms were nice (not a bad seat in the house). The beach was beautiful and quiet. We never had an issue grabbing a hut. Food was tasty. We stayed 7 days and never got sick of the menu.

It's the perfect getaway for your honeymoon and all inclusive is the way to go. You dont have to worry about anything and gratuity is already included. There were some kids walking around but nothing like the Marriot, Radisson, etc. Manchebo provides a very romantic setting. There arent very many places we would return to but Aruba is one of those places that feels like home. Now I understand why people go back.

Do yourself a favor. Stay at Manchebo.

Room Tip: Dont spend the extra money on beach front. It all is pretty much beach front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!