“Living The Dream”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Milford, Connecticut
“Living The Dream”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were introduced to Playa Linda 3 years ago through a friend and have never looked back.
We have traveled to almost every Carribean island in the past 15 years in which all are beautiful, however, this destination offers restaurants and shops on one side and paradise on the other. No car is needed as everything is close by.
Since our first visit we were struck by the family atmosphere here at Playa Linda.
As stated in the Wizard of Oz "There's no place like Home" you are comfortable with everything within the facility. Our room attendant Helena Bayonne was friendly, informative, thorough and completely concerned that our stay was as excellent as it could be. The staff attendant at the Kid's club Techna made our 8 year old daughter feel welcomed and important. Unlike most other Resort's on the island, Playa Linda offers a Kid's Club that has an inside facility that creates an atmosphere that relaxes a parents concern of safety. I hope this never changes!
With that being said, there are occassional hiccups and room for improvement but the overall experience isTop Notch which is why we now own 3 weeks.
As a family that has traveled an average of 3 times per year for the past 15 years, 8 years with our daughter, we have finally found the place where we are "Living the Dream".

Room Tip: Follow guidelines that Playa Linda suggests
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you open a window even when in the room you will get a call within minutes from the SECURITY OFFICE advising that the windows are not to be opened. If you are on the balcony and don't shut the door you get a call from the SECURITY OFFICE within minutes advising that the door must remain closed at all times. I have been an owner at this resort for 25 years as well as other resorts including Marriott and have never experienced anything as harassing as this.

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank TKarth
PLBRARUBA, Playa Linda Management at Playa Linda Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are so sorry that you were disappointed and wish we could have seen you in person to try to rectify the problem immediately
At Playa Linda Beach Resort we are very serious about our customer’s satisfaction and we work hard to get to the bottom of any customer complaints. After speaking to our loss and prevention manager we’ve found out that there was a misunderstanding or perhaps better stated a miscommunication. In the past some people tend to turn off the air conditioner and open the doors and windows – this allows humidity into the room which in turn creates a musty smell, Therefore it was suggested to keep the windows and door closed
To minimize the moisture build up, Playa Linda purchased thermostats that are temperature control /occupancy system which remains on while the door or windows are open.
We have already addressed the issue with the staff to avoid such occurrences from happening in the future, but again we are sincerely sorry for disturbing you during your vacation, and appreciate your business. We hope you take this as an isolated incident and we are looking forward to assisting you in the very near future in our Home away from home
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Love the family atmosphere. Edeline, our housekeeper, went out of her way to make our stay comfortable! Extra blankets, tidied our beds every single day! Just a friendly and welcoming attitude! Bracelets were available to purchase as room keys, which was very awesome in a beach atmosphere. Plenty of food available at the resort and within walking distance, including small grocery store. Fresh beach towels daily in our rooms and on the beach. Roughest part waking up early to get dibs on a chickee with a premier view. Look forward to seeing new pool in future! Will come back!

Room Tip: All rooms renovated and beautiful! Thank you to Edeline our housekeeper!
Scotland
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am lucky enough to have vacationed in this resort for the last 5 years, this year from 6th-20th April. As it is a timeshare I meet friends there and catch up with the same people at the same time each year which makes it really special and really feel like a home away from home! We all meet on the beach and always the talk is about the food. The restaurants on the island are amazing, particular highlights this year for us were Amuse Bistro and Whites. The resort is beautiful to look at and the service this year I felt was better than ever before. A couple of people I wanted to mention - the man who does the towels met us with a smile every day and made my friend and I smile in return. And I have to mention Gladys, the amazing girl who did the activities. She has such a lovely bubbly personality and is lots of fun. But what I really liked this year was how much care she took with us to make sure we got the most out of the exercise classes. I did daily stretch classes with her, some yoga, Zumba, Aqua gym, butt and gut and daily pool aerobics too. In each activity we stretched to ensure no injury for those of us who are unfit guests and she really worked on our posture and movement in both stretch and yoga. I loved her workouts and Playa Linda, what a great addition she is to your team. I've never experienced anyone running activities in any resort across the world who has checked my posture and walked round the room to check we are all ok and in the correct position. She has inspired me to keep it up now I'm home. Looking forward to working out with you again next year Gladys!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed one week in Playa Linda time share resort, rented from a family member. We loved the laid back atmosphere of the resort, we rented a studio apartment with a small kitchenette with two small cooking burners, fridge and toaster oven. On the second day of arrival we taxied to the local grocery store and purchased our food for a one weeks stay. I recommend doing this as some of the local restaurant can be quite expensive. Normally we vacation on a cruse or to an all inclusive resort so we were a bit unprepared for the extra costs of food. The local grocery store's ticketed items were in American as well as Aruban prices, beware of higher priced items as the island doesn't grow any local produce. The resort room was cleaned on a daily basis and the staff was very helpful. My husband purchased a weeks package for the internet, several wifi packages were available.
We really had no complaints however we thought that the resort needed a overall upgrade and larger size pool. The beach was beautiful and we travelled on a slow week (March30-April 6th) so finding lounge chairs and covered umbrella (Chickapee) was quite easy however I was told this wasn't the case in high season. It was very safe to walk either in the day or night and even by myself. Taxis are always available with a set price which was fair, we also travelled the bus service to the down town core which was affordable as well as enjoyable.
we wanted to book a Island tour the day prior however we missed the opportunity as it was solidly booked, so I recommend to book as soon as you arrive.
I also noticed that there were not too many activities available at this resort, and the gym had a dingy feeling so I decided to walk the beach or hotel strip instead and this was much more enjoyable.
There were a few couples with small children but generally the residents were middle aged and things quit down by 9pm. I will most likely go back to this resort ad I liked the low key atmosphere.

Room Tip: I recommend the one bedroom that way you have a full service kitchen
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On our first trip to Aruba in 1983,we bought time share here, not exactly knowing much. But, it has turned out to be one of the smartest and best things we ever did.We always enjoy our stay. The management is attentive as well as the staff. You cannot beat the location -right on the beach (and I think it is the best ). There is an incredible amount of restaurants and shopping, all within easy walking distance.

The Arubans are extremely outgoing and friendly. English is understood everywhere. Really, what' not to like !!!!

Room Tip: Really no bad rooms. Every room has a view of the ocean and a balcony..there are studios, one and tw...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I spent April 13 thru April 20 in room 448. This is my 25th year our staying at the Playa Linda. The reservation desk had excellent staff and housekeeping Felictas Cuesta-Colon and her supervisor Jolanda Roza were always keeping our room in clean condition and anything we needed they were there to help with our needs. The beach bar with Claudia, Saskia and Magdelana were always cheerful and their service was excellent. The Azzurro Restaurant with the manager Dennis have always produced a great meal with excellent service.
In summing up the Playa Linda is a great place to vacation in Aruba.

I am the owner of rooms 115, 448, 532 and 353.

Joseph DiGiulio