“Playa Linda Beach Resort, Aruba”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Providence, Rhode Island
“Playa Linda Beach Resort, Aruba”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Timeshare resort is wonderful. No need for a car - can walk to many restaurants, shopping areas and other hotels and casino. Beach is wonderful. Their conceirge, Yvette Trump is a great person and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location of this resort was fantastic--definitely one of the best along the strip. Access to bars and restaurants was prime. Staff was very attentive in getting cabs for us and storing our luggage. The rooms were clean. There were, however, a few downfalls:
-Inability to reserve a chickee in advance. The 6am wake-up to go out and claim a chickee was a bit tedious. I do wish there was an option to reserve a chickee for a week, even at an extra fee.
-CHECK YOUR BALCONY DOOR SCANNER. We assumed that having our key would grant us access back into our room. Not if the battery is dead, which we found out after the door was closed and we found ourselves locked out on our balcony at 10pm. Fortunately, a woman was walking by and we managed to flag her down and have her tell reception. Once we were let in, we were told that this was the third scanner they had to replace the battery for that day. They should seriously be checking this before allowing renters to check in.
-The staff wasn't always the friendliest. Evelina, in particular, I found to be a bit on the sour side.

Overall, it was not the most romantic place for a couple's getaway. But definitely worth it for the affordable price and locale.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fanton224
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I Loved This Resort, My Children Absolutely LOVE the pool so the pool was an A+ We stayed in a penthouse , Where we had a Jacuzzi on our patio (Facing the ocean) The staff was very friendly, I felt like we had a connection and I understood them well , (I Speak Dutch & Portuguese) The only downfall is that this is really expensive so if you wanna stay here save up!

Room Tip: Save Up For The Trip, And Townhomes & Penthouses are really nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Durand, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We've been staying here for more than 20 years and still can't get enough!!! Close to many wonderful restaurants and activities. A wonderful mall is across the road and there are many karaoke bars and happy hours within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I would like to compliment the Playa Linda staff in creating a wonderful and excellent vacation atmosphere for me. The staff and service I will mention by names have made my stay at Playa Linda Beach a beautiful and memorable stay. I have been a consecutive owner at Playa Linda for 22 years. This year I would like to reccomend excellent service personally to those staff member listed below:

Justine, Lourdes, Sebastiaan, Merih, Ludmila, Evelina, Felicita, Clara, Santiago, Tommy, Roosje, Michelangelo, Yvette.

I sincerely wish those mentioned are recognized for there service for their making me feel at home away from home. Not only as Playa Linda's staff, but as my personal friends when I visit each year.

Mashadanki and t oro once more. Ayo.
Joseph M. Cassisi, Owner 444.

Room Tip: The View from my unit and the beautiful grounds and gardens
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Playa Linda is a beautifully maintained resort situated in the heart of Palm Beach, within walking distance to a variety of shops and restaurants. This is the second time we have stayed here and we would gladly return again! There were plenty of "chickees" on the beach, although you have to get there at 7am if you want one in the front closest to the water. Kirk, one of the beach concierges, was a "champion" at helping guests get lounge chairs or whatever was needed. There are many vendors along one of the piers that you can walk up to for snorkeling, parasailing paddle boards etc. Our only complaint was the air conditioning was not working properly. In fact, one day they warned everyone it would be completely shut off for repairs, however it didn't seem to alleviate the problem. It was cool in the room, but not could enough for us-I kept waking up at night because it was too warm. Otherwise, our 1 bedroom suite was clean, and had been updated recently. We were glad for the small kitchen because we got groceries for breakfast and lunch so that we could save some money. Overall, this is a very nice place to stay and we would return to Aruba and the Playa Linda again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I read all the reviews before we went to Playa Linda and was skeptical that one place could be that good. Well it is. The grounds are beautiful and are constantly being cleaned. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Water aerobics with Gladys was a lot of fun. She is so energetic and happy. Her enthusiasm is contagious. The staff down at the beach bar is great. Sassy made sure the drinks were flowing and Diego made the best mango coladas. Lunch at the Beach Bar was a nice break from sitting out in the sun. My one negative is getting a chickee at the beach. The rule is you go down between 6:00 -7:00 am, yes I said am, to reserve your chickee (a shaded hut). I was proud that I got down at 6:20 am to reserve my chickee. Boy was I surprised when half of them were already taken. Why?? Because people go down before 6:00 to hold their choice chickee. Rubert was my "chickee angel" . He helped me get a good spot and also told me how the system worked. While there is free coffee, having to get up so early is ridiculous. FYI, the chickees at the pool are not as popular, so if you are a pool person you can sleep in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family