“Playa Linda~ Aruba”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Playa Linda~ Aruba”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ideally centered on the beach, Playa Linda is a great place. Beautiful building, well kept, friendly. Couples and families. Pool is under reconstruction during July 2014-July15. Long time, but it's my understanding the resort has contracted swimming privileges at neighboring hotels. The chickie (little hut) situation is a bit ridiculous at times~ people jockeying for a specific one. Who cares?!?! It's ARUBA! Just go sit in the sand!

Room Tip: Be on the inner "U" of the hotel ie: looking toward the pool/beach. Units up higher are t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent 9 days here with my husband in July. The property is very nice & clean. The rooms are just ok. I stayed in 2 rooms, since they make you switch rooms on Sunday which is a pain in the butt! But it went smooth, so no complains there. All rooms have balconies, which is a plus! We had a full size fridge, a stove, microwave, sink and all the dishes you need. We never used any of it, only the fridge which was very convenient. The grounds are very well taken care off. Never used the pool as there is too many kids there. The beach is amazing! This hotel is situated on the best part of the beach. I want to say thank you to the hotel staff! When I got home I realized that I left all the goodies I purchased for my kids in the fridge. I called the hotel the next day, they were able to find everything after the room was already cleaned and were able to send it to me by FEDEX the next day! I am grateful for that as my kids were very sad that I did not bring anything for them. All the restaurants are close by. When you come out from the hotel if you turn to the right, there is a lot and if you turn left there is a lot and also a mall. All within 5-10 min walking. The rib place right across the street is amazing. On Tuesdays they have all you can eat ribs for $24.00. Also I highly recommend renting a Jeep, as there is a lot to see, where a regular car cant get you. We rented from More4Less (recommended on Trip Advisor) and were very happy with them. Paid $ 240.00 for 3 days. They pick you up & bring you back. If you are into seafood, you must go to ZEROVER! Need a car for that, or a cab. They catch fresh fish & shrimp there. You buy it by the pound and they cook it for you right on the spot. Amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hiendcars
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I just came back from a two week vacation in Aruba at the Playa Linda Beach Resort, we had the best time and the people who work there are Fantastic !! I would like to thank Roosje Roos, she took good care of my family she is the best and also the beach boys especialy Kirk Mckenzie who looked out for us every day and provided great service also Lindyann who called great bingo games every day we really enjoyed that !! and the rest of the staff who are all very nice and friendly !! they really make you feel like you are at your home away from home !! thanks again everyone !!

2 Thank Nate431
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at the playa Linda for week 28' and always enjoy the relax feel and the friendly staff and visitors. This resort has a way of just making you and your family feel comfortable. Very family friendly and not over crowed. Went to the Hyatt for 2 additional nights after our stay and wished we just stayed at playa Linda.

2 Thank Rachel R
Jackson, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We usually stay at the sister resort the Costa Lynda but tried the Playa Linda this time... June 2014. The unit was a one bedroom and very nice. This resort is right near many shops and restaurants and if you can walk around great for that purpose. The beach is not as good as the beach at the Costa Lynda... there is sea weed and it doesn't seem to be as clear as it is at the Costa Lynda but it is still very nice. We were in the water almost 1.5 hours a day in the AM. The resort is very nice. The staff were friendly and always helpful. My only be aware is that they used some kind of board to run from the resort down to the beach area that holds heat and if you have one of your shoes fall off or if you like to walk bare foot you can not do it no the walk way... you WILL burn the bottom of your feet. Ouch.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit near the beach... very spread out and can be a long walk to the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vacations4u
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at the Playa Linda with my wife and daughter. All the reviews held high expectation and they were met! The staff were friendly and everything was great. The location was optimal and everything was within walking distance. Plenty of shops and restaurants were right across the street. Pool and beach were great so take your choice.

2 Thank john d
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband & I had a wonderful week in Aruba at our timeshare. The balcony has a great view of the beach, we didn't have any trouble getting a chickee (we were not concerned with being on the front row). The location is great - the staff friendly.

Room Tip: We have a 1 BR and it is fine for the two of us, but would be a little small for more people. Our r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family