“A truly relaxing experience”

Playa Linda Beach Resort
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my time at your resort. The food was fantastic. The guests were the nicest I have ever come to know. The staff was simply amazing. ESPECIALLY Ms. Cecil C. who tended to my room, 150, during my stay. She has got to be one of the most amazing people I ever met. I fell I'll while on vacation, so while bed ridden, she went ABOVE and BEYOND to make me feel at home. She chatted with me while she cleaned and even hand washed the dishes in my room. She was definitely a part of my Aruba experience that I will never forget. I am coming back, and if I could be placed in her section of duty again, I would. Amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Thomas M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Kirk, the beach attendant, is fabulous, friendly, helpful, welcoming, always remembers your name and rembered my friends from Michigan and made them feel extraordinary welcome!
Remo is a wonderful person as well, he has helped me several times when I got lost. He has helped me find other guests and/or employees.
Yvette Tromp, the concierge in the lobby, has been at the Playa Linda ever since I started coming, 14 years ago. She has helped us in a million ways, only one of which is to make our dinner reservations at great restaurants. I trust her opinion and recommendations a 110%. Not only is she good at her job, she is attractive and actually has great sense of humor!
I also want to mention the beach concierge, Rupert, he has been very helpful as well, made me feel comfortable at all times.
Evelina is always there, always helpful, always welcoming and remembers my name when I arrive. I am so glad I found this place in 1985, they were just finishing it. We have been coming ever since. LOVE this place!
If there was an option to rate this place a 5 plus, I would!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice hotel. Great views of the ocean Caribbean Sea really looks lovely from the heart of the beach was lovely new restaurants and choice of different cuisines and plenty of restaurants to choose from from Chinese do Indian to American can't wait to go back to stay there

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been coming to the Playa Linda for over ten years now. It is located on Palm Beach. We have met so many new people that are here at the same time as we are. We have fourteen people who are here on weeks 30/31 between friends and family.

The staff at the Playa Linda are second to none. Our housekeeper Cecilia Charles, is the best. If there is anything that we need, she is always there to get us through our two week stay. My compliments to the Manager, Steven Marra, for his outstanding staff. Mr. Marra took over the management of the Playa Linda Last year and has been very visible on the property. He is always available. Under his direction along with our Board of Directors, we are constructing a new pool and lobby.

The property has four bars and the Beach Bar is where we go during the afternoon Happy Hour. Sassy the barmaid is the best on the Beach. Her drinks are totally awesome. No one makes a better drink than Sassy.

We have five different places to eat on the property. Azzurro's Italian Restaurant is my favorite and is located on the pool deck. Dennis is the manager there and makes certain that everyone has a great experience. There is the Pool Bar that I stop at in the evenings and have a drink with Arlene the barmaid. She makes the best white Sangria around.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joebonafide
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This resort is a fine choice for those who want to be in the midst of the action. It is very busy on the beach as well as on the street, surrounded by restaurantsj, a mall, etc. For those who choose to be in a little more quiet, relaxing atmosphere this is not the end of the island you want to be.
I have been going to Aruba for the past 30 years and like the low rise time shares & hotels but the younger set I'm sure like activities. The water sports are right next door, beach bars, etc.

Room Tip: Beach front to enjoy the view as well as sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mdfredrick
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Playa Linda is located along the Palm Beach strip that is very commercial but this resort is low key and welcoming for its guests and residents. Besides being the best managed property I have ever stayed in, personnel are friendly and go out of their way to make each and every day exceptional for its guests. We are in a two bedroom, two bath unit with a spacious wrap around terrace that looks out over the pool and the vista of green/blue water full of inviting water activities each and every day.The unit is fully furnished with the expected amenities, has a well equipped kitchen, with housekeeping daily and a wonderful beach to relax and soak up the "happy island" ambiance. This is indeed a home away from home and is definitely a place to return to more than once or twice. (Hopefully this review does not bring too many more people to this hidden gem in the future.)

Room Tip: All units appear to be comfortable with pleasant views. The higher floor units have water views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mj1776
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This resort was a great choice. We had a good room with a great view. The site was on the ocean in the high rise section of resorts. The cab ride for 2 from the airport was $28 one way. Make sure you find Scott's Brats for some cheap great food by the pool or beach. One thing I did not like is the only time they play music by the pool is when they have a water aerobics class. When you walk down the beach path by all the other pools they have a much more fun atmosphere and one that I am more used to at resorts by the beach and pool. One thing I did notice was that we could hear quite a bit through the walls. In the morning if we were trying to sleep in the people above us were sure to rearrange the breakfast table or slam the cubards while cooking. At night there were the screaming kid running down the hall or the drunk guy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple