Probably the best reviews I have read are pros and cons for staying at a particular property. This will be my format for this review. My wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the Riu Palace. I had always wanted to go to Aruba, she had been once, so with the parameters of sun, gambling, golf, a fabulous beach and real value for our money, we picked the Riu Palace.
Pros: Location, Location, Location. Riu Palace is in the middle of the high rise section, with great properties all around. You can walk to many other hotels and casinos. No cab fees. The beach is a mile long at this point, so your exercise is right here. The pool is hugh, clean and has more than enough chairs. The buffet has great food, wide variety and friendly staff. The booze at the pool bar is watered down but in every room is a bottle of rum, scotch, vodka and brandy. Just mix your own or bring a small plastic cup with extra in it to liven up the pool bar drinks. The staff except the female bar tenders at the pool bar were outstanding. Everyone spoke to us and treated us like old friends. No request was too small or forgotten. We had a junior suite on the tenth floor and the view was to die for. The entire pool was right before us, the whole beach to the northeast and the street was blocked by the other wing. Room was very nice and the housekeeping came everyday, fresh towels and restocked the coffee and set ups. Finally the price in comparison to the other hotels and being all inclusive was substantially better.
Cons: Not many. The bed is as hard as everyone says. The female bar tenders at the pool bar are not friendly. I solved that by asking the male bar tenders who are. The speciality resturants are not hard to get into but the food was not any better than the buffett and took a whole lot longer.
Overall: Riu met and exceeded our expectations and we felt we would stay there again, especially once we visited the rest of the hotels and saw what their guests paid versus what we paid. We would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach