We were staying at this resort for a friend's wedding and were extremely pleased with the experience. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone.... Here's the breakdown:
Check in - very nice staff at the front desk. One tip - as with any hotel, take the cab and not the shuttle to avoid the lines. It cost us about $25 for the cab ride and was well worth it to arrive a few minutes ahead of the rush. Our room was not ready right away but we arrived prior to the check in time. It was only about a half hour though and we were able to get into our room.
Room - It was very nice. We were in building A. Both A and B are the new ones. Building A is the one with the lobby and has ocean front rooms - fabulous views! You don't want building C as it is the old building that has had little refurbishing. We simply emailed the staff the day before our arrival requesting building A or B and were accomodated! The room was extremely clean and had a lovely decor.
Housekeeping - Boy are these people enthusiastic! Housekeeping is right there first thing in the AM! If you are a late sleeper - put the do not disturb sign on your door! Otherwise - you will be awake much sooner than you would probably like! But everywhere you look - someone is cleaning something all over the hotel! Also, they leave you two large bottles of water each day as well as stocking the mini bar. Anything you asked for was accomodated!
Pool/Beach - It was a little difficult to get seating at both the pool and the beach if you are arriving in these areas at 10am or later. However, if you are patient and have a good attitude - you will be fine. Put your stuff down and get in the pool until something opens up. The beach has plenty of seats - just not a ton of umbrellas, palm awnings and such. However, these also turn over a great deal throughout the day. The pool was lovely - although a little cool but it felt nice against the warm weather. The ocean was fantastic. Very calm waters that were the prettiest shade of blue. We spent most of our day in either the pool or ocean. Bring lots of sun screen. Also - one tip is to bring a beach bag with books or something heavy to put down on your towell as it is very windy at points - but this also leaves you feeling cool all day!
Dining - the restaurants seemed a little limited menu-wise. We did not eat at these as we really didn't see the need to get up early each day for a limited menu (it's posted outside each one). The buffet was great and had a huge selection of food for all three meals of the day. However the dinner buffet was the best! The various bars were also wonderful with the best service.
Nightlife - we didn't see much to speak of - we tend to be early people at night since we are in the water most of the day. They could probably add more in this area but it really didn't matter to us.
Casino - if you are a Vegas or AC fan - then this is not a strong point. It's very small and limited but again - not a big deal. The rest of the resort truly makes up for this!
Overall - it was fantastic! The staff was great as well as the facilities! We would definitely come back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach