Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Riu Palace Antillas(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Playa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
6,613 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resorta la cartesnightly entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I recently took a vacation to Aruba. We chose to stay at the Riu. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that we had to pay for my 5 year old daughter. I wasn’t happy, and asked to speak with the manager. I spent my first 2 hours in the lobby arguing with them about the extra charge. I asked to speak with the general manager. The general manager came and was really mad that he had to come and speak with me. It said that he is busy with other things and this is a waste of his time. He said that I already spoke to others in his organization and that if we didn’t like it, "we could leave and go to another hotel." I was truly amazed that a general manager would speak to customers like that. My first impression and experience was awful. I felt stuck and had no choice. So I decided to pay the extra charge for my 5 year old daughter.
When we arrived in the hotel room I noticed that the screen door was broken. I called and complained about the door being broken, since I have 2 young childern. The maintance guy said he would be back in an hour with a new screen door. Later that evening I went to take a shower and discovered a crack in the tub. I called the front desk and let them know that screen door wasn’t replaced and reported the crack in tub. They let me know that they didn’t have an extra screen door and that if I wanted to move they would have a room available for me the next day. It was my option and after speaking with my wife we agreed to stay since we had already unpacked our belongings. They disgregarded the crack in the tub. On our third day, when we went to bath our kids, I realized after I burnt my children in the tub, at that second I realized there was no cold water. I called front desk, to ask why we didn’t have cold water, and they didn’t offer an apology and said it was a plumbing issue and they were working on it. I was disappointed that they didn’t notify the guest that there was no cold water. I ended up rinsing my kids off with bottled water that was at room temperature. On the fifth day I was taking a shower and we heard a knock on the door, one of the maintaince guy had come to look at the crack in the tub. My wife explained that I was in the shower and he could come back later to come and see it. Immediately we received a call from the front desk letting us know that the water from the tub was dripping into the lower floor and the room below complained about water in their room. We explained that we were heading out to dinner and that we would come by the front desk to discuss our options. After dinner we spoke with the front desk and they told us we had to move. I asked them what would they do for us. Her response was moving us to another room. I was so surprised and disgusted by the level of service. I explained to her that it was 10 PM and I had 2 small children and it would be an absolute inconvenience to move. I asked to speak with her manager. The manager came over and gave us the same answer that they need to move us to another room and that they couldn’t do anything else for us. I explained to the manager that I reported the crack in the tub the first night I arrived and they should have come to look at it then. I explained to the manager that I understood the issue but that the hotel would need to do something for us. I let him know that it would be fair for them to at least compensate me for 1 nights stay. Manager explained that he didn’t have the power to do so, and said that the general manager is the only one that has that ability. This is the same general manager, that told me that I could take a hike and go to another hotel. I knew at that point that this hotel is poorly runned and the employees cant do anything for the customer. The manager said that he would have the general manager come and speak with us in the morning when he arrived to discuss our options. We stayed an additional 3 nights and the general manager never came to speak with us about our options. I couldn’t believe that a general manager wouldn’t want to resolve the issue. I was surprised and very confused that they didn’t want us to have a good experience at their hotel. They rather cause more damage to their hotel rather than do something for us. During our stay we also ran into other issues, like waiting over 2 hours for extra pillows and extra towels.
This is our 10th year in Aruba, and we wanted to stay at the RIU and give it a chance eventhought we read mixed reviews. I was surprised with the level of service I received. I figured since this hotel was built 7 years ago that the structure or issues with the room would be minimal. But I did experience the total opposite.
Bottom line, if you want to have a smooth vacation and want to stay at a well managed hotel, this isnt the place. The general manager runs the show and doesn’t do anything for the customers. If the general manager doesn’t treat his customers right, you can imagine what the emploeyess that work there are like. Talking to others that were staying there, they experienced the same lack of service. There are better hotels on the island with exceptional service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Toti1079
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just got back from 5 days as a family of 5 at riu palace. We had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect. Rooms spacious, yes beds are hard but ask for mattress topper it is fine. They are extremely well kept, housekeeping serviced our rooms twice a day for entire stay. Beds are turned down at night. All buffets geared to serve all diets. Staff is very helpful and friendly. I would return again

Room Tip: Ask for room upper floors tower a or b
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MMurray358
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I vacationed along for the first time in my life and being at the Riu removed all anxieties. The staff was extremely courteous and made me feel so welcomed. I want to give special thanks to the waitress in the buffet dining (Yolanda). She made me feel right at home and gave impeccable service. Visitors were from all over the world and I acquired lifetime friendships. The Riu's atmosphere was conducive to making you feel right at home. The food was extraordinary in all the restaurants. I will definitely go back without hesitation.

Room Tip: Lower floors facing the pool were larger and airier.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Bdenay
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hi, I am currently sat on my subbed at the pool side of the Riu Palace Aruba. We are here celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and as a young couple we think the hotel and Aruba are amazing. The beach and pool area are clean and well attended to, ample sunbeds by the pool.

Our room was really nice and over looked the pool and sea, we paid extra for a partial sea view and a balcony via Thomson (this is the first Riu hotel we have stayed in where a junior suite is not as standard)

The food is great, amazing variety and the jerk chicken in the beach restaurant is yummy, all waiters and waitresses are very attentive, with a special mention to Johnny who works by the pool bar in the day and terrace bar in the evening, his customer service skills are outstanding.

My husband and I have visited Riu palace Mexico, Riu palace Punts Cana, Rui Karamboa and Riu Macao and we feel Riu palace ls one of the best we have stayed in due to it's set out and location, however it is ready for a bit of a freshen up in the rooms.

I would definitely recommend this place : )

Room Tip: I would ask to be located in two of the three blocks with pal nosy facing the pool (not a room with a Juliet balcony) our room was on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MissKSheffield
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We picked the Riu because of the deal we got and also because of food reviews we had read. All the food was sooo good. Considering the all-inclusive is buffet style food, we really enjoyed all of it. Very nice accommodations. Great beach area. We expected drink service at the beach but there was none, and we were disappointed that the pool closed at 7.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple