Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
US$402
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$343
US$196
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$430
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$294
HolidayInn.com
US$351
US$318
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$136
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$682
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Palace Antillas(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$582
US$399
US$376
6,669 results
All reviewssports barbuilding bblock cdon nicolasspecialty restaurantsmain buildingjunior suitebuffet restaurantmain buffetour honeymoonall inclusivesnachosmake reservationssenor frogsall inclusive resortnightly entertainmenttowel clips
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have just got back from two weeks in Aruba at the Riu Palace. We had stayed in the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun previously so we booked this one as we had a good idea of what we would be getting. Firstly the hotel is in a great location. It is on the lovely Palm Beach and outside the hotel is a really nice strip of shops, bars and restaurants. The staff work really hard to keep the hotel and the guest rooms spotlessly clean. The beds in our room were fine, although the one seemed to be a bit worn as the mattress sank immediately when you sat on it but we slept in the other double so it wasn't a problem. Minibar is kept well stocked. Overall the rooms are great but could do with a bit of an update - fresh paint, new mattresses maybe! The food in the buffet restaurant was tasty and there was a great variety. The staff serving were very friendly and helpful. We only used the steak house speciality restaurant once, but the food was great. Sadly we didn't try the other speciality restaurants as the choice was very limited, with quite a lot of seafood which neither myself or my husband eat. We spoke to a few people who said the food in the Italian speciality restaurant was excellent. The pool area is well maintained. However despite a warning about not reserving sun beds this happened early every morning and if you wanted to guarantee a sun bed you had to get up early to get one. This isn't a problem if the people come down and use the beds but we were sat next to four beds that had been reserved and we were there from 8.30am until 4pm that day. The family who had reserved the beds turned up about 11am sat for about 5 minutes and disappeared again not returning before we left. In the meantime other guests were trying to get loungers but none were available. There should be a time limit for which you can leave your things unattended on the loungers, after which time staff should remove your things and make the beds available to other guests. The same happened with the beach cabanas. Also no drinks service on the beach, which we had in Riu in Cancun. Some waiters serving around the pool, and these guys were great but they weren't around the pool much and there was only ever one or two of them so they were very busy trying to get round everyone. Pool and daytime activities were limited- it would be nice to see some more variety of activities available. Same goes for the entertainment in the evening. The weekly rota of singers and dancing shows meant we saw the same things the second week. I would love to see more outside acts coming in. Must give a shout out to Carlos and the other staff in Barry's bar who were fantastic! Overall, we had a wonderful two weeks, Aruba is amazing and the Riu Palace is a great choice with lovely staff who do a great job. It would be nice to see the hotel have an update and to diversify a bit in the entertainment. Top tip - take pegs to keep your towels from blowing away, the island is very windy!

Room Tip: We were in block c where the majority or rooms don't have proper balconies so we couldn't sit out on it. Block a or b are better if you like to sit on balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank K j
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

So I am currently sitting on my suite balcony on the 10th floor of the 'B Block'. This is our first official day as we flew out yesterday and was very tired.
Last night myself and my fiancé walked into our room '1029' and both our jaws nearly hit the floor.
We had a stroll around and we were both amazed and also how could anyone could complain.

Obviously we haven't had enough experience as of yet, so once our holiday has finished I shall do another review.

But please please please ignore the negative reviews. Happy holidays!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Traveled April 12-19, 2014. I started to read the reviews when it was too late to cancel the trip - and was scared that we just wasted a bunch of money. Not at all!! The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very helpful, friendly and amazing. The beds are indeed hard for my liking, but I slept like a baby every night. Our housekeeper kept our room very clean, we always had towels & the bed was turned down every night. We hugged her goodbye with tears on the day we left!
To start, at checkin, we were upgraded to an ocean view suite - Room 401. It was a beauiful view. The saving of beach and pool chairs does happen. Unless someone in your party is an early riser, you won't get your choice of seats. We slept in and still had places to sit at either the pool or beach.
The food at this resort was the Best "resort" food I have had. We have traveled to Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Jamaica and really enjoyed every meal here. The buffet is so good, we only went to a specialty restaurant twice.
The location is the best on the beach - I walked long ways in both directions and was so happy to come back to the Riu. There are piers on the beach with bars, shops and food. Also, just a short walk out the front is a bunch of restaurants with music shopping and more.
The Riu Aruba is now my favorite beach destination and we cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: get an oceanview- spend the extra $$ its worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank tooti2
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I would have to disagree with a lot of the reviews I read before I went in June. The check in was quic and efficient, we had a beautiful room on the eight floor whic had a fantastic view of the sea. There were two sinks and a really good shower with plenty of hot water. Spotlessly clean. Optics with branded spirits and a well stocked fridge which was filled up almost every day. Clean sheets every day and towels. Great air conditioning
Flat screen tv with English speaking channels, ice machines on each floor.
The food was varied and.you would be hard pushed not to find something yo eat. Every evening there were two chocolate fountains yo tempt you. We didn't like the nautilus for lunch which was near the pool, so we used the main air conditioned restaurant.
The staff were very helpful, the pool was beautiful as was the beach. There are always chairs around the pool and on the beach, but umbrellas you need to arrive early ish.
Suggestions
Go to oranges tad on the bus
Go on the tram at orangestad it's free and you can hop on and off to see orangestad
Take some cook mus with lids as it's very windy and hot for your drinks
Ask for a room on floors 8 and above
Try the cocktails especially the French martini on the terrace
Keep in touch with the rep she is good for info
Take some elastic to go round your sun beds to keep your towels on the beds
We had a lovely time and yes we would go back.

Room Tip: Floors eight have great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jaganagee
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Firstly unless you usually stay in the park lane in London you will not be disappointed.the main things I like to know is are there any cockroaches?answer no.is there an iron and ironing board? yes.this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in.its very clean particually the public areas.the food(bearing in mind the nationalities and age group they have to provide for)is very good.staff were friendly and helpful,it was windy whilst we were there in May but without the wind it would of been unbearable.the rooms were large and clean.our bathroom was in need of an update but was clean and had hot water every day.it is a little humid but I didn't really notice the musty smell although I took a can of air fresher with me just in case.we used to sit around the pool and only went in the sea once but that was ok.outside of the hotel it's safe to walk around and there are shops restaurants and stalls selling souvenirs opposite.also you can easily get a bus to the plaza shopping mail which is nice also to Oranjestad which has local souvenir shops and a lovely indoor shopping mail.across from there is the marina.if you follow the boardwalk down to the bottom you will come to a beach.there are loads of iguanas down there.its very picturesque and beautiful.we did the full day jeep trip which was good value for money and quite interesting.back to the room facilities the hair dryers in the room are the small ones attached to the wall so if you have styled hair I suggest take your own.aslo don't forget your adaptors they are the same as USA.2 flat pins(not round).i would go back to this hotel tommorow if I could,

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple