“Very nice ”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Very nice ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Just came back from this hotel" riu palace" aruba, first time in aruba and I absolutely love it, great food, great staff, 24h sport bar all u can drink, with popcorn and nachos and fridge full if wraps and fruits all night and 24 hour room service, we arrived to this hotel and had room 936 absolutely breath taking view, I'll try to post some pics, first night we booked steak house for dinner and had the greatest dinner, "steak with lobster tail " what can I say, second night we booked the ghorme but when we got there I was not allowed in cause I was wearing shorts"have to wear shirt with sleeve and pants" not a big deal cause I can understand they were trying to hold dress code, I just wish they told me this wen I was making reservation, again nothing to hold against hotel, my fault for not bringing pants. Anyhow as you approach the beach to the right there is a bar on the pier( live music every night and stays open late ) great place but not part of hotel, so you have to pay for your drinks but you can bring drinks from hotel which was great cause steak house was 60secs walk from the place, also there were souvenir shops and dunkin donuts on the pier with seats facing the ocean" abs amazing" while we were there the power went out for few minutes but bartenders said it has never happened before and staid out for that long, not a big deal again unless you were in the elevators
As you exit hotel and walk 4 minutes you will come across nice bar and restaurant place that stays open vet late, place look and feel very safe from airport to the hotel and around, we tried jet ski but this island has very strong winds all the time and all we got was buckets of salt water in our faces lol, fun though, so sum up
Pros: great food, clean hotel, great staff, amazing room service, 24 h food and drinks available, free wifi included with reception all around hotel, amazing color water, nice night shows and great location. Very nice gym, I would definitely go there again

Cons: pool chairs are all reserved after 7am so if u want a spot get up early and place your towel on chair you want, a lot of kids( kids keep splashing you in your drink when u are trying to relax) hotel riu bought westin next door and will e all adults starting October to solve that issue, if ur room is facing the construction zone it could be noisy but if u close door u can't hear anything,

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank maximzand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The worst vacation. We travel about 3-5 times per year and this is the worst experience thus far. Terrible food and service. We expected an all inclusive to accommodate large groups like ours and it was the complete opposite. They wouldn't accommodate our group of 13 in one of their reservation restaurants and the restaurant was at half capacity. The manager walked away from us and failed to acknowledge the stupidity of splitting the table in two. Absolutely do not recommend this place and this is coming from someone who has traveled a lot. Go elsewhere. A waste of money for an all inclusive.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Anthonyrusso91
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I cannot comment personally on the resort itself, it could be very nice. My experience with the RIU thus far has been poor. I booked a group booking for a wedding next May. The Riu proceeded to accept my booking and then thereafter announce that they were closing for renovations during the period of our planned wedding.

They offered zero contingency plan for those traveling with families and offered zero gestures in good will. Because of the contract between sunwing and Riu, sunwing also initially denied me the right to look at other venues until the Riu "decided" what they were doing. I will NEVER stay at a RIU resort again based on this experience. People are reasonable, if they decided to close for renovations but said "Listen, those with families bookings will be honored at a similar resort in the area" I could accept that. Closing, saying we dont know what we are going to do with you but, you cant look elsewhere until we decide is not cool.

By virtue of this I will never stay in a riu resort.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank amanda8122
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The weather is always beautiful.....no rain! So no matter when you travel your weather is guaranteed. This is a very windy place-always. It is a good idea to take a coffee cup or water bottle with you to avoid the sand in your drink on the beach. The sun is extremely strong so you need at least sunscreen with SPF 30 and above. You will get tan with SPF 30 but not burn. Hotel is amazing. Food delicious. Taxi to downtown cost about $11.00. The currency used in Aruba is American dollars. For coffee lovers: the hotel has many coffee places around with huge selections. However the room coffee is not tasty at all:( You may bring your favor coffee from home if u feel like to make one in your room. You will also need the coffee filters. You don't need hangers from home. There is lots of trips offered by the Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have their advantages. So far I have been at Ocean view and Partially Ocean View. Both o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank KathyS480
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have just got back from two weeks in Aruba at the Riu Palace. We had stayed in the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun previously so we booked this one as we had a good idea of what we would be getting. Firstly the hotel is in a great location. It is on the lovely Palm Beach and outside the hotel is a really nice strip of shops, bars and restaurants. The staff work really hard to keep the hotel and the guest rooms spotlessly clean. The beds in our room were fine, although the one seemed to be a bit worn as the mattress sank immediately when you sat on it but we slept in the other double so it wasn't a problem. Minibar is kept well stocked. Overall the rooms are great but could do with a bit of an update - fresh paint, new mattresses maybe! The food in the buffet restaurant was tasty and there was a great variety. The staff serving were very friendly and helpful. We only used the steak house speciality restaurant once, but the food was great. Sadly we didn't try the other speciality restaurants as the choice was very limited, with quite a lot of seafood which neither myself or my husband eat. We spoke to a few people who said the food in the Italian speciality restaurant was excellent. The pool area is well maintained. However despite a warning about not reserving sun beds this happened early every morning and if you wanted to guarantee a sun bed you had to get up early to get one. This isn't a problem if the people come down and use the beds but we were sat next to four beds that had been reserved and we were there from 8.30am until 4pm that day. The family who had reserved the beds turned up about 11am sat for about 5 minutes and disappeared again not returning before we left. In the meantime other guests were trying to get loungers but none were available. There should be a time limit for which you can leave your things unattended on the loungers, after which time staff should remove your things and make the beds available to other guests. The same happened with the beach cabanas. Also no drinks service on the beach, which we had in Riu in Cancun. Some waiters serving around the pool, and these guys were great but they weren't around the pool much and there was only ever one or two of them so they were very busy trying to get round everyone. Pool and daytime activities were limited- it would be nice to see some more variety of activities available. Same goes for the entertainment in the evening. The weekly rota of singers and dancing shows meant we saw the same things the second week. I would love to see more outside acts coming in. Must give a shout out to Carlos and the other staff in Barry's bar who were fantastic! Overall, we had a wonderful two weeks, Aruba is amazing and the Riu Palace is a great choice with lovely staff who do a great job. It would be nice to see the hotel have an update and to diversify a bit in the entertainment. Top tip - take pegs to keep your towels from blowing away, the island is very windy!

Room Tip: We were in block c where the majority or rooms don't have proper balconies so we couldn't si...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank K j
England
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

So I am currently sitting on my suite balcony on the 10th floor of the 'B Block'. This is our first official day as we flew out yesterday and was very tired.
Last night myself and my fiancé walked into our room '1029' and both our jaws nearly hit the floor.
We had a stroll around and we were both amazed and also how could anyone could complain.

Obviously we haven't had enough experience as of yet, so once our holiday has finished I shall do another review.

But please please please ignore the negative reviews. Happy holidays!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Charlotte J
Shelby Twp. MI
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Traveled April 12-19, 2014. I started to read the reviews when it was too late to cancel the trip - and was scared that we just wasted a bunch of money. Not at all!! The hotel is beautiful. The staff is very helpful, friendly and amazing. The beds are indeed hard for my liking, but I slept like a baby every night. Our housekeeper kept our room very clean, we always had towels & the bed was turned down every night. We hugged her goodbye with tears on the day we left!
To start, at checkin, we were upgraded to an ocean view suite - Room 401. It was a beauiful view. The saving of beach and pool chairs does happen. Unless someone in your party is an early riser, you won't get your choice of seats. We slept in and still had places to sit at either the pool or beach.
The food at this resort was the Best "resort" food I have had. We have traveled to Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Jamaica and really enjoyed every meal here. The buffet is so good, we only went to a specialty restaurant twice.
The location is the best on the beach - I walked long ways in both directions and was so happy to come back to the Riu. There are piers on the beach with bars, shops and food. Also, just a short walk out the front is a bunch of restaurants with music shopping and more.
The Riu Aruba is now my favorite beach destination and we cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: get an oceanview- spend the extra $$ its worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Barcelo Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Aruba? Share your experiences!