“Large resort, loud music.”

Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The resort is large and nice but there isn't much luxury past the architecture.

The beds are rock hard so you'll need to ask for a topper.

They don't restock mini bar unless you ask, then it takes several hours.

At each buffet style meal, you must get up to ask for water refills, silverware, napkins, etc.

The music plays so loudly each day at the pool/beach that you can't hear the ocean. Then once you retreat to your room for the evening, you hear the constant music in the casino. So much for a little R&R.

There is a nice area for kids to play in the shade at the pool.

The fitness center is nice.

Ask to be in a newly renovated room.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. Ask for one far away from the Construction at the hotel they are re...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Payden_Montgomery
Write a ReviewReviews (6,496)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

So much was wrong from the Jr Suite we paid for to having to check out to reregister in a smaller room without construction noise. Ordered things from room service that we never received such as facetowels and soap. Asked for an iron at 9am and received it @ 3pm. At a reservation dinner we were told we could only have one meal per person. At what all-inclusive have you never been able to order the entire menu if you pleased to try new things. Staff was irritated and rude when asked for anything extra. The alchol was bottom shelf and they were stingy with that, serving us in small plastic cups. No pool or beach service, so you had to get up for anything you wanted. One beach towel pp and if you lost your card, $20 to replace it. Entertainment very lacking. Birds at the food buffets were very nasty and disturbing. We had discussions with many travelers who were in the same situation as we were. Very disappointing. I have paid less for more days elsewhere and had much more fun with customer service that was great. this left a lot to be desired and i only gave an overview!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LEE3276
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Riu for a week vacation/wedding. I could go on and on about how bad our stay was but I wont go to far into detail. We booked our trip 7 months in advance, we ended up arriving a day late because of flight cancellations. We called to inform them we would arrive a day late. once we arrived the gave us a room facing construction. This was not what I paid for, I specifically paid an upgrade month ago for an ocean view room. We where told our original room was given to someone else and we had to wait for the people they gave our room to vacate.
The manager should never underestimate the fact that even though you may not look like you can speak or understand Spanish we did! Complaining to your employees in Spanish about your paying costumers really shows how ignorant you really are!!

Room Tip: Dont be late arriving, you may find you don't get what you originally paid for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Mari39
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited Aruba in May for our sons wedding, the hotel has beautiful grounds and pool area. The restaurant has a good variety of food which everyone should be able to find something to suit them. The rooms are clean and comfortable with free drinks in the fridge and free spirits from a set of optics, the bed was nine feet wide! The evening entertainment wasn't really very good.
While in Aruba we visited Phillips Animal Garden
this is really a must see, we were escorted round by a very pleasant and knowledgeable young lady (Nicole) I really recommend this one. Orangestad is very nice with unusual architecture and Caribbean colours to boot. All in all a very nice holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Anthony324
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was awakened by construction outside my window at 7am on July 7, 2014. It went on unremittingly for 12 hours straight. I asked to be moved but got the bum's rush, being passed to different people with no satisfaction. Ruined the whole wedding for me.

Room Tip: Nothing on the construction side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank JacksonvilleCleocat
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here 3 years ago for our honeymoon. We were taking the public beach path to visit the Riu again to plan our next vacation. So it was a huge disappointment that we were not allowed to walk to the casino from the beach path--we were told by security that we could not enter the property. He sent us down a dark, creepy street to access the FRONT of the hotel. I was disgusted and we turned around and never went back. Totally annoying experience, especially when dressed up for the night looking for a restaurant and casino!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Loretta M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I could go on and on in this review. The place is dated and in major need of a update. The food is ok. Just ok. The rooms are awful. Let me start with the rock hard bed and the dated bedding and sofa. The internet does not work in most rooms, but may work on your patio overlooking the room. Our toilet got stuffed up twice. Our cleaning lady Lybia, would just walk in the room with her key without knocking and enter despite a do not disturb sign on the door. RUDE. The hotel lost electricity for an hour and 1/2, while me and my daughter were stuck in a elevator. We had to eat in the dark at a buffet afterwards. We were there for a wedding, that was the only nice part of the trip. The actual ceremony. The rooms also stunk like mildew. The TV was like watching snow. We HAD TO leave the room to watch world cup soccer. When it was not snowing, the satellite was out and we had no TV. This is not a good place for teens or small children as there is nothing for them to do in the evening. The staff when told about all our issues simply apologized. DO NOT GO HERE. Event he lobby looks like something out of the 50's. The beach at the hotel is nice and that is where I spend most of my time. The place is beyond bad, esp for the money paid. Even the restaurants that you only have 2 hrs a day to make a reservation for were poor in every imaginable way. Long wait for food and then it is very disappointing. Again, do not go....the rooms are so outdated and smell horrible. I can not tell you how we could not wait to get home. I read these other reviews that are somewhat positive in nature and wonder did we really stay at the some place, but then I realize that I have stayed in REAL 5 star all inclusives and know the difference. Even where the bathrooms are were so incredibly inconvenient. There is also no food service at the pools. And those buffets I mentioned earlier...they close and if you miss them, you will stay hungry still the next one opens. Even some of the staff was just so rude....room service has 5 items on it. HORRIBLE!! except the nachos and hard to mess that up...DO NOT GO.

Room Tip: oceanview....close to pool....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family