Stayed here on our honeymoon. We were very sceptical having read some very bad reviews, which we found to be completely unfounded. The quality of the hotel does seem to depend on which building you are in. We were in block A - the main building and it was fantastic, floor 9. The room is huge as is the balcony which overlooked the pool and beach. The rooms were cleaned daily, towels changed everyday and extra towels offered by housekeeping during the evening for the next morning. Mini-bar was stocked (almost) daily and if we were running low we called down and it was restocked. Only used room service once. it was very nice and arrived within 20 minutes.
The staff at the pool, beach and bars are very friendly - less so in the restaurant. Not rude but just not happy. Food in the buffet was great - yes some of the same things are available each day but there are so many choices you can eat something different every day. Also sandwiches, hotdogs and nachos available in the sports bar if you are still hungry (which I doubt).
We didn't try the speciality restaurants so can't comment but we only heard positive things about them.
The birds can be a bit of a nuisance if you sit outside but don't really see what you can do about that. Didn't really bother us.
The beach is beautiful - white sand, turquoise water. We didn't find it dirty at all. there are lots of bins provided at the back of the beach. The pool was also lovely. the staff did their best to keep it clean but with the wind and people being too lazy to get up and put their cups in the bin there were inevitably some cups in the pool - this was cleaned regularly though.
We managed to get a sunbed every day either by the pool or on the beach. We didn't go down until about 8.30. if you want a "prime" spot on the beach, people were getting up at 6.30am for those - ridiculous.
The buses are great and we took one into Orangestad - definitely worth a visit. All the designer shops are there as well as the local markets and the tram which is free and a great ride through the town. To the left of the hotel are more shops, restaurants and bars.
The Island deserves is tag of One Happy Island. it certainly is that. The people are so friendly and happy and you feel completely safe all the time.
The only negative which stops me giving this five stars is the building works next door. By the time we were leaving it was more intrusive and taking place outside the outdoor restaurant so was very noisy and dusty if you sat out there. Once you were by the pool or on the beach you didn't notice it - that's the price of progress I guess.
De Palm Tours do an off road jeep safari. Was a brilliant trip of the whole island, thoroughly recommend it.
Kick back, relax and enjoy. Would we go back? Tomorrow if we could!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, West Indies, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach