Had two fabulous weeks at the Riu with my two sons (aged 21 and 24) and my friend and his family. Upon arriving at reception after our 9.5 hour flight we were greeted by our tour rep and friendly staff with refreshing drinks and our luggage taken care of efficiently while we checked in. Our first impression of the hotel on arrival was the splendour and beauty of the place with it's towers, huge marble halls and corridors and beautiful rooms and most of all it's location on Palm Beach. All rooms, inside bars and restaurants are all pleasantly air conditioned which was very welcome (and necessary) in the humid heat of Aruba. My only small critisism of the rooms is that the beds are very firm and some of our group found them too hard. The room maids were very good in making sure that we were happy with everything and they made sure we were supplied with more than adequate towels, flannels and toiletries on a daily basis. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and made every effort to make our stay happy. The food and drink throughout the hotel were excellent and in abundance. The a'la carte retaurants were particularly good although they had to be booked in the morning from 9am as seating is limited and If you arrived much after 9am they would usually be fully booked already. The main buffet restaurant was also superb with just about anything you could possibly want available and in epic proportions. There are 4 bars in the hotel including the entertainment lounge where there is something on stage every night. Our favourite was Barry's located on the upstairs balcony outside the entertainment lounge.
The pool and pool bar is the centre of attraction during the day with music and fun activities throughout the day however, after a few days the music got a bit repetative and occassionally too loud (especially with a hangover!!) but the beach was better if you wanted a bit of quiet relaxation. The sea is an absolutley gorgeous colour and is so warm. Loved the pool swim up bar and submerged bar area!
My only real negative observation about the hotel was that the best sunbeds and beach pergola's were always "reserved" with towels from very early in the morning despite notices stating that "reservations" are not allowed. There are some good bars/clubs and restaurants within 5 to 10 minutes walk of the hotel or a 15 minute cab ride into Oranjestad town, but can be a bit pricey. Overall though, a fantastic island and hotel and we would definitely go again.
Bob from London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach