4,068 results
All reviews royal club first club seafood restaurant sandra steba the palm buffet level restaurant lobby bar all inclusive resort guest services breakfast and lunch dinner reservations ocean view specialty restaurants make reservations nightly entertainment top shelf vacation club
Reviewed 1 March 2017

The staff at the Royal Club is excellent. Led by Melvin who always has a smile and a nice table waiting, the staff consisting of Carolina, Silvester, Lissette, Elana, George, and May are courteous, fast with service, and always friendly. It is a pleasure to be taken care of by these wonderful people in the restaurant, and with room service. Thanks!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank James V
Aurelia C, Quality Manager at Barcelo Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear James V,

Thank you for the great review of our Royal Level Restaurant. We agree that Carolina, Silvester, Lissette, Elena, George and May do an outstanding job and we will surely thank them on your behalf. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My Husband and I returned to this resort that we first visited 9 years ago .The resort is beautiful and the rooms have been upgraded . Having food allergies (dairy & gluten ) I was concerned ,but it was no problem . The staff in the Palms were very knowledgeable in guiding my choices as was the Mexican restaurant. At the Japanese hibachi show the first question asked was does anyone have food allergies .Kudos to the chef as he keep my food separate and was careful not to cross contaminate. We did not try the Italian or seafood so I cannot comment on them . Lenny singing in the bar was very enjoyable . The only small drawback was in order to have a palapa you had to be on the beach before 7am. We will not wait so long to return !The view from the balcony was breath-taking ! Look one way and you see the beautiful Caribbean ,look the other way and you see the quaint Dutch architecture . This is all topped off by a gentle breeze to cool you .

Room tip: best views are above the 3rd floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank happylady2017
Aurelia C, Quality Manager at Barcelo Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear happylady2017,

Thank you so much for such wonderful rating and review. We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful experience at our resort and our restaurants. We do our very best to make sure our guests have a wonderful time and we are so happy you did.
The palapas have always been a point of discussion and we are so sorry we will not be able to put any more structures on the beach to alleviate this problem due to the beach policy. However we have planted many palm trees to help provide shades for your enjoyment of the beach. We look forward to welcome you back and once more thank you so much.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We had the most fantastic vacation at the Barcelo Aruba. We vacationed from February 6, 2017- February 16, 2017. The resort was amazing, everyone went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The food was good and the people were off the charts amazing. I was so impressed with Aruba, from how clean everything was and also how Americanized it is. I would recommend this vacation to anyone thinking of visiting the Caribbean. My husband and I both agreed the the weather and the beaches were the best we have ever seem in the Caribbean and we have been many places,

Just wanted to give a shout out to some of our favorite people even though we loved them all.

The am shift at the Palm Restaurant

Renato (our adorable server that sang for us at breakfast and lunch)
Marlene ( the BEST hostess ever)
Emile (the captain of the team)
Zotina (Sweet lady)

The Italian restaurant was amazing. On Valentine's Day we ate there and watched the most beautiful sunset and ate the most delicious meal. Thank you so much for that restaurant. Our waiter was Carlos and he was top notch!!!!!!!!!!
We were so pleased with the entire team at the Italian

Armando, Roberto, Manuel, Joyce, Carlos, Cesar, Roel and Marion

I also want to thank Arniss. He kept the garden beautiful every day we were there. Such a nice man!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please visit this resort. You will not be sorry!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank annettebescript

Dear annettebescript,

Thank you for choosing the Occidental Grand Aruba Resort and for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate your kind words about the friendliness of our team members. They really make this resort special with their natural traits of Aruban hospitality and spirit to serve. I am so thrilled that you had an amazing Valentine's day at our property. I am also glad to know that our gardens were to your liking. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future,

Reviewed 26 February 2017

A group of 22 of us went to Aruba and stayed at the Barcelo for my destination wedding. The entire process of wedding planning was made very easy and Merelina was excellent! I emailed back and forth with her during the months leading up to the wedding and eveything went BETTER than I had anticipated! They did a beautiful job setting up the stage for the wedding. I wanted my dad to sing our first dance song and they made that happen too! I had sent a picture of what I wanted my flowers to look like for the wedding and they made it look EXACTLY like the picture. I had no idea how this wedding was going to turn out since you cannot see any of it until you are actually there and everything is done mostly by email, but I was very pleased with everything.

As for our stay at the Barcelo, I thought it was very clean and the room service was very good. The drinks were awesome. This was the first all inclusive I have been to that they did not have watered down drinks. The night life is great for younger people though it can be expensive if you are already paying for the all inclusive.

The food at the buffet was good, Italian restaurant and Japanese were excellent but I would stay away from the seafood place. Room service meals were great as well.

The WIFI is not good at the resort - We were given codes to use it 24/7 but it only worked in certain areas. It was enough to check in at home and send a few emails so I was actually glad that it prevented me from being on my phone all the time.

The people at the resort were so friendly! And very accommadating! I have been to many resorts with all sorts of rules, but this one they pretty much let you do whatever.

Beds were comfortable and beach and pool were amazing. I would recommend this resort and would definitely go back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kkfroula

Dear kkfroula,

Thank you so much for your review.
As a wedding destination client, your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we aim to get better with each and every event. Your observations will be passed on to the team as they work hard to accomplish near perfection. Weddings are very difficult especially when most of the preparation is happening from afar and we are so thrilled you are happy with the final result. All in all, I am very happy you and your group had a wonderful time.
Thank you for choosing us for your event, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Management Occidental Grand Aruba

Reviewed 26 February 2017

I would rate the Barcelo in Aruba a 3.5 star resort, with the potential to easily be a 5 Star with a few minor improvements.

Star 1 - Location! You simply cannot beat the location of this resort. Located right in the heart of the high rise section of Palm Beach, everything is close. Want to relax on beautiful Palm Beach and swim in the Ocean? It's footsteps from the resort pool. Want to check out the other hotels, bars, beach activities in the area, or simply just take a scenic walk? There is a paved path attached to the resort that stretches the length of the high rise section. Want to check out a few different Casinos at night? There are several within 5 minute walking distance. Or want to check out some shops during the day, or party at the bars at night? They are right across the street (Sopranos Piano Bar was our favorite!). Literally everything you could need is right by the resort, and if you happen to want to adventure out to the rest of the island - it's a short cab ride away.

Star 2 - Resort Facilities. Barcelo is certainly not the MOST impressive resort in the stretch of big elaborate high rise resorts on palm beach, however for the cost it is tremendous. The Lobby area and bar is beautiful. The Casino is small, but clean and fun. The pool and swim up bar is fantastic. Overall I thought the resort was very well maintained and the facilities were perfect for what we needed.

Star 3 - Rooms. We chose to stay in the Royal Level which was an upgraded room and view. I would HIGHLY recommend this option (more below on why this is important). The room was clean, the view was beautiful from the balcony, and the bed was very comfortable. Our only issue was with the hot water at times in the shower - but that only happened one day so not a big deal.

Star 3.5 - The first 1/2 Star that I would remove is for the service. The Royal Level service was outstanding. Veronica who was one of our Concierge personnel was so much fun, so accommodating, and overall a joy to work with. However the food service staff was on the slow side and it was very hit or miss. I could tell there were some who tried to go out of their way for you, while others (the towel hut attendant for example) just seemed like they didn't want to be there. But again, overall - the majority of the staff was great.

I removed a full star for the Food. Unfortunately I did not find much positive to say about the food quality at the resort. We found ourselves eating breakfast and lunches at the resort, then going out to a nice dinner somewhere on the island in the evenings. The breakfast and lunch was OK, but the menus never changed and the food was just blah. Another reason to stay at the Royal Level is that the best food we had was in the Royal Level Lounge or just by ordering Room Service.

I would not hesitate to recommend Barcelo to anyone who asks. The Pros definitely outweigh any cons. One of the things we found when researching the different resorts was that the Barcelo was the most affordable all inclusive, and in many cases it was actually cheaper than some of the traditional hotels/resorts. So we looked at the all inclusive part as an added bonus for free drinking throughout the day, a quick and easy breakfast and lunch, but then did not feel at all guilty for venturing off grounds in the evening and spending money on a great quality dinner (Go to Gianni's for great talian and Madam Jeannett's for great seafood!)

We loved Aruba, we WILL be going back, and I would definitely look at staying at Barcelo again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank VacationIsLife93

Dear VacationIsLife93,
Thank you so much for your review.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we aim to get better with each and every stay. Your observations will be discussed with our team as they provide great suggestions on areas of improvement. We aim that each and every guest have a wonderful time and that they enjoy all of our culinary options. We will share your comments with our Chef in order to make improvements in the Food presentation. All in all, I am very happy none of these issues affected your comfort or enjoyment.
Thank you for your review and for pointing out the cons and pros , and we look forward to seeing you again some day very soon!

Management Occidental Grand Aruba