“Fabulous Resort”

Costa Linda Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The last time I was at the Costa Linda was 1999 and I had a great time then. My stay was even better this last time. My family and I stayed from 7/11-7/18. The resort grounds are beautiful and clean. We checked into our rooms at 4:00, housekeeping was still cleaning the kitchen, so we unpacked while she did that. She did a great job keepiing the rooms clean. The restaurants on the property are excellent, from Water's Edge to the coffee shop. My grandsons, ages 10 and 19, and a friend who is 5, were never bored, as there was the gym, pool table, table tennis and pool games. The beach and pool area are close to each other. My brother-in-law is an early riser, so he would reserve the hut at 7 for the beach. Whenever I got to the pool, usually between 10 and 11, I would reserve a hut by the pool. The attendants put your room number into a computer and that hut is yours for the day. They release it when they no longer see personal items and towels there. The rooms are big and beds very comfortable. The terrace is much bigger than the pictures show. My only complaint was low water pressure in the shower. There's a good mix of families with children and older people and the guests were as friendly as the hotel staff. Getting a cab was quick. We rented from timeshare owners and that experience saved us a lot of money and was easy. If finances permit, we will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sandydNewYorkCity

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Honestly, I think one of the major reasons we love Aruba so much is because of Costa Linda Beach Resort. I have never traveled anywhere else that I immediately felt at ease and at home. The staff is friendly, we have met so many guests that we now consider friends, and the resort itself is well maintained and updated. Our check in was smooth and quick, as we had pre-registered from home. Our room was ready immediately so we unloaded and went grocery shopping. The units we own are 2 bedrooms. The unit for week 23 is on the 4th floor and has a fantastic view of the pool and ocean. The unit we own for week 24 is on the 2nd floor and also has a view of the pool and ocean. Both of the units are either next to a 3 bedroom or a unit away.

The 2 bedroom units have a king in the master and 2 twin beds in the guest. There are 2 bathrooms with granite counter tops. The master bath has a tile walk in shower and a double sink vanity. A blow dryer is attached to one wall and a pull out magnifying mirror on the other. There are plenty of drawers and shelves to place toiletries in. There is also a pull out cord in the shower to place wet items on to dry. The guest bathroom has a door to the guest bedroom and a door to the common areas. There is a tub shower combo and again a blow dryer and plenty of drawers for the personal items. The kitchen has granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. There is plenty of cookware to cook and bake for 6 people. The dining room table seats 6 and in the living room there is a pull out sofa, chairs and a coffee table. The patio has a table with 4 chairs. There are a total of 3 flat screen TVs (master, guest and living room). The furniture is a little outdated but there are long term plans to replace the pieces. Our housekeepers did a great job cleaning our units, replacing the towels daily for us and even unloading the dishwasher. On Sunday there are limited services (replacement of towels and garbage disposal only). They truly deserved any and all tips received.

The main draw for us at the Costa Linda is the beach though. The beach attendants do an outstanding job maintaining the beach area and setting up the chairs and towels according to the guest preferences. Anthony, Randy, Joel, and Robert are fantastic. Don’t forget to tip them!!! There was never a problem getting palapas for shade anytime of the day during the two weeks we were there. I tend to awake early and arrive to the beach before sunrise. Security met me there and always remembered my room number. They did a great job enforcing the rules and keeping watch over the resort. It is policy that to reserve the palapas the guest must stay there until 7 then may leave for no more than 2 hours. I enjoyed that time. I would eat my breakfast; listen to the waves crashing in and converse with my neighbors. For the third year in a row, I placed a PWC anchor in the water upon arriving that I attached my raft to. (I removed my raft whenever I left the water). The beach attendants will blow up your rafts with their air compressor. I always tip them for this service even though it is complimentary. I walked the beach daily for an hour and always felt safe and comfortable. In addition, it was nice seeing people from other resorts that I had met before on my walks. It is a great beach for walking and the sand is cool to the touch.

The WiFi was restructured this year and for 60.00 we were able to purchase a card for two weeks that could be used on two devices at the same time. I found the service to be adequate although my husband and son noticed some slow downs during some heavy traffic periods. Overall, I was pleased and able to do what I needed to on our devices.

Some of the activities or events we attended at the resort were the orientation, members’ meeting, free Bingo, Zumba and Pool Volleyball. For our first two visits we did not attend the Saturday morning orientation…. what a mistake! Sandra not only discusses what is happening at the resort, but also different activities around the island. Also, she and her assistant, Hettie (sp) conduct door prize drawings. Between orientation and raffles at Bingo we won 3 Costa Linda t-shirts. Complimentary cake, pizza, wine for adults, and soft drinks were served at the free Bingo on Monday afternoons. Each attendee is given two cards and chances at the free raffle in which people could win t-shirts, wine or $5.00. I attended 7 out of the 8 Zumba classes offered by Marilu at the resort. This is the third year I have participated in her classes and let me tell you, she truly gives an energetic workout. She will offer some low impact substitutions but she keeps the pace going for 60 minutes. This is such a fun class and helps to burn some of the calories in preparation for a night on the town. In addition to the activities we participated in there are Yoga classes, line dancing, pool aerobics, tennis clinics, bean bags, several types of pool games, movie night, and daily children’s activities. The activities are listed daily on a white board next to the car rental desk and are also listed in the Costa Linda magazine at the resort (or online).

The only negative (if you can call it that) I can really find with our resort is that there are no laundry facilities in each unit. It would be convenient to have especially when staying multiple weeks. There are self serve token operated washers and dryers located on each floor though. I have never had a problem leaving my items while putting clothing articles away in my unit.

Overall, we had great service provided by any of the staff we came in contact with including but not limited to the front desk, gift shop, activities and fitness personnel, housekeeping, bellmen, beach attendants, security and resort management.

Room Tip: Higher floors with rooms closer to the 3 bedroom units offer fantastic views!
4  Thank dmconn1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although the interior wasn't fancy or the decor modern, and not everything was working upon our arrival into our room, it was clean, and spacious, an recently renovated. I would say that it is an equivalent to a 3.5 star rating. The room had nice clean white sheets and comforter cover blankets and pillows in our two bedroom unit. What it lacked in style, this place more than made up in being an oceanfront resort with views of the ocean and beach! Even from the furthermost spot in the resort, it was a 3 minute walk to the wide, spacious, soft white sandy beach! In June, it wasn't crowded at all. The swimming pool water was warm. You can check out kayaks, snorkeling gear, other toys at the activities desk.

The resort is located at the southern end of Eagle Beach. So relaxing, with no loud music. Happy hour drinks are 1/2 price between 12-1, 4-5, and after 9pm. Don't worry, there aren't drunks walking around the resort, though. There were young people at the resort, but not the party-types found at the Palm Beach area.

1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Best resort on the best beach in Aruba!! Can't wait to go back!! The food is somewhat expensive but that applies to any place on Aruba, happy hour was great, drinks are well mixed and the service is excellent. Don't miss out on taking part of the "De Palm" snorkeling tours, you can book them downstairs in the lobby and it will complete your vacation experience, open bar on a beautiful catamaran and a great freshly cooked lunch, kids as young as 6 years old were joining us and loved it!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool will also give you nice view of sunsets
3  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We are in our next to last day of vacation at the Costa Linda. It has been great! Due to a snafu, we had to arrive on different days. Both check-ins were fast, friendly, and easy.

We are in a 2 bedroom overlooking pool and ocean. Beautiful views. The room has a completely updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and all furnishing of a well equipped kitchen. The tap water and ice from the door is excellent so no need to buy bottled water. Don't buy coffee filters as they are provided in the drawer below the coffee maker.

Furnishings otherwise are a little dated. But they are clean and comfortable. Beds are excellent in both bedrooms, as are the linens. Baths are fully renovated like the kitchen. Both bedrooms have flat screen TV's with premium channels, and the living room has a DVD player so my husband could do P90X.

The fitness center is excellent. All equipment was newer. The guy, Ralph, who assisted my husband and son with their lifting is very competent and helpful. He is a former body builder and they were really grateful for his help with their form.

The pool area is good. The pool, like the resort, isn't huge, but it's nice. The only negative was a woman security guard who one day was "policing" the pool enforcing the no float (rafts) rule. Unhappily I took my $20 float back to my chair and got 4 noodles. Everyone was using multiple noodles in the very in-crowded pool and having a good time. After a while, I realized I could make the noodles into a float and did so. One of the great joys of vacation for me is floating in a pool. The pool Nazi then proceeded to tell everyone with multiple noodles that they could only have ONE noodle and went so far as to take them away from the well-behaved little kids!! She yelled at me, but I just ignored her. If she was going to take 3 of my 4 noodles, she was going to have to come in the pool and pry it out of my cold dead fingers. She finally let it go but continued to give me the hairy eyeball.

The folks at the bar, the activity hut, and the towel hut are excellent! Very friendly and gave out towels generously. Finding a pool spot under the palm umbrellas can be a challenge. People go down early and reserve them. On the beach, there are many available no matter when we get to the beach.

The Waters Edge restaurant and pool bar has a very good breakfast special for $5.95 every day. Also, everyday, there is a 2 for 1 drink special at $8.00. And 2 for 1 happy hour everyday from 4-6.

The food in Aruba is EXPENSIVE! And know upfront that a 15% service charge is added to every check. We were the island's best tippers before we realized this!! Pizza Bob's has very fresh pizza. We got 2 pizzas and 2 appetizers our first night and it was $69!! There is a small shopping plaza within easy walking distance and grocery stores within short cab ride distance.

We really like Ellioti's Italian Restaurant. It right next to the resort. Bread was fabulous. Pasta and seafood were amazing! The Fra Diavolo sauce is out of this world. Most days we have lunch at the Waters Edge. The food is good but nothing to get excited about. The French fries are especially terrible, reminding me of the awful fries we got in school lunches. Considering the rest of the food is good, not sure why they would continue to source these fries from their vendor. They really need to be replaced!

This is our first time in Aruba. It is terribly windy, although the wind does make the heat more tolerable. Twice I've been sandblasted on my legs on the beach. My husband and son played golf at nearby Divi Beach and raved about the beauty of the course, but had no desire to play again due to the very strong wind.

So bottom line is that we love the Costa Linda, we love the safe, beautiful, clean island, and we are having a great time here. Due to the wind, I'm not sure that we will want to come back, however if we do, we're definitely coming back to the Costa Linda!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank GeekVeep
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I just returned from a week at the Costa Linda. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo which was ocean front on the 5th floor. All I can say is wow! The unit was clean and well stocked with an updated kitchen. The view was amazing. We enjoyed eating at the Water's Edge restaurant for several breakfast, lunch and dinners. The location was great as we had a table in the sand overlooking the water. The food was good as well. Everyone at the resort was friendly and helpful. We were there to celebrate my son's high school graduation. We had vacationed in Aruba and stayed at the Costa Linda when he was 9 and he has talked about returning ever since. We had a wonderful week in Aruba and were happy to spend time with our son before he is off to college in the fall. We are already planning our next visit!!

1  Thank mamasheep2u
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We been vacationing at the Costa Linda for over 15 years now, and just love it there. Over the years Palm Beach has been built up and changed so much - it's just so crowded. Staying at the Costa Linda on Eagle Beach is removed from all the craziness on Palm Beach. Just so much more relaxing. The condos overlook the ocean, have a balcony that you can sit and just enjoy the view. During the day you can sit poolside or down on the ocean - which is always relaxing. We've even walked the beach at night, and love to hear the crashing of the waves. We've seen the sea turtles hatch and make their way to the ocean. We truly love it here, bed is comfy, updated kitchens, sleeps 6; staff is always pleasant and helpful. Restaurant on the property - you really don't need to leave if you didn't want to. Even have blenders to make your favorite frozen cocktail. We always love vacationing here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple