“Great meal”

Le Bistro Aruba
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Bistro is located across from the Holiday Inn Beach Resort on the Palm Beach boulevard strip.Managed by the owners, Le Bistro stands out between the brightly colored shops of the Paseo Herencia Shopping Mall. It is a spot of understated elegance and affordable luxury. A team of very good chefs and waiters serve hot and cold beverages, lunch and dinner items in a French Mediterranean style. This means that the tiny amount of extra thought and effort makes coming back a next time so easy.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just came back from Le Bistro and we had a wonderful meal. Our tenderloin was perfectly cooked and the service was right on ! Hans the maitre d was great to talk to and the prices were reasonable. We recommend...

1  Thank Nick D

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The waiting staff is working hard and does their best, but the chef is off his game.
The starter Carpaccio was sliced too thick, the accompanying bread was too sweet to taste the butter and the decorative melted cheese tasted plastic/cheap.
The main dish was the shrimp plate of the day, which was excellently fresh, but served with a side of frozen industrial fries.
The worst failure is that despite the kitchen is at a distance from the restaurant area, the chef does not pre-heat the plates. He/she can cook, but is either under crippling budget pressure, or has no spirit in the game. Bake your own bread, slice your own potatoes and for heaven sake: heat your plates.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hostess was super friendly as was the waiter. The biggest biggest problem and I'm having a hard time rating this place is that the food was inconsistent. Two dishes were HORRIBLY salty. It's almost as if the chef just dumped an entire canister of salt into the french onion soup and the Caesar salad. It was disgusting and horrible. Then, the chicken in my mixed skewer dish was SO undercooked it was basically raw. All the other meats were tasty though.

You'd think with all of the above, that I would really have given this place 1 star. But the rest of the meal was wonderful. My son had Spaghetti bolognese from the kids menu and it was great. The portion was pretty large as well. My husband had the Fruits de Mer and he absolutely loved it and said it was one of the best meals he had on the trip.

So basically, I'm thinking 2.5 stars. They have inconsistencies with their kitchen so they really need to check up on that. I would definitely not recommend this place unless you happen to be in the area.

Btw, I believe the restaurant has an indoor seating area that's a short walk away.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Le Bistro is located in a shopping mall, and while separated from shoppers, I had the feeling we were eating in a food court. The service was good and the wait staff attentive, however the bread was brought in a basket with no plates. Le Bistro advertises tapas, however I did not see a tapas menu nor were tapas on the menu provided. I must admit that I did not ask, but nothing was offered. Our waiter did not provide a description of the specials - which I noted on a chalk board as we were leaving. I ordered a pasta Bolognaise with linguine as the pasta - it was served with spaghetti (which was one of the other pasta choices for this entree). We had to request Parmesan cheese as none was provided on the table. Tables are pretty close together, and I was treated to the cigarette smoke from the diner sitting behind me (and holding her cigarette about 2 feet from my head - delightful). Even though this is an outdoor restaurant, the odor of cigarette smoke does not make for a nice dining experience. . Prices seemed to be a bit high for the entrees offered. The food was adequately prepared and served hot with a reasonable wait. I would not go back.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Fresh and made to order. Wife and I both had pasta dishes. Portion was small for the price. Could've come with a salad for a better value. We'd go back on next visit

Esteban D, Owner at Le Bistro Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

thanks for you remark, we are working to make this place better day by day, and hope in your next visit get a better experience