“Clean and Comfortable Hotel”

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for vacation during the last week of April 2014. For the most part we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel rooms and grounds are very nice and VERY CLEAN. Our room was spotless and the king sized bed was very comfortable. We both slept very well each night. The pool and hot tub areas are large and kept very clean. The hotel gym is also very nice, very clean and all the gym equipment is in good working order.

The hotel itself is within easy walking distance to all area restaurants and attractions. I would suggest you NOT get the "all inclusive" package, there are far too many really good restaurants you won't get to experience. There are also several mini marts within walking distance but be prepared to pay top dollar for alcohol, but it's still cheaper than buying drinks at a bar or hotel. I'd suggest you bring some alcohol with you from home, you won't regret it if you like to have a few drinks while on vacation.

One minor issue we had was the time hotel staff collects the beach chairs. We were sitting comfortably around 7pm watching the sunset and had to get up so our beach chairs could be collected and stacked. We didn't argue, I know the staff member was doing as he was told. So we moved a few feet over next door and sat down in the chairs that were beach front at the Marriot and finished watching the sun set. It seemed they DIDN'T pull up their chairs and didn't chase us away.

Another issue is there is very little noise insulation from the hallway to the hotel room. Be prepared to wake up around 8:00AM to the sound of exicited and screaming children running to get on the beach. On the plus side the noise insulation between the rooms is quite good.

Overall though this is a great hotel at a great price. We will probably stay here again if and when we return to Aruba.

2  Thank trav115
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with our beach chairs, we appreciate your comments and shall let the corresponding departments know so this doesn't happen again.

We hope to see you again in beautiful Aruba!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our 3rd visit to Aruba. We first stayed at the Holiday Inn in 2010, Riu Palace in 2012 and now Holiday Inn again in April 2014. I cannot think of any complaints for the Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, food was great at the Sea Breeze and beach bar. The fact of the mater is you can't really go wrong at any of the resorts along the Palm Beach/Eagle Beach resort strip. Location, Location, Location! Lots of stores and great restaurants are directly across the street. All the staff members were friendly and many have worked for the resort for 20, 25 and 30+ years. They have really improved and refined their menus, the only suggestion I would make is to refine the breakfast buffet a bit further (although there is a large variety and something for everyone).

I found reserving the Palapas more convenient than waking up at 5am and placing your towel at a hut and still running the risk of not getting a hut, or someone else stealing it anyways (like other resorts). The half hour line is worth having piece of mind that you have a hut dedicated to your room number for the next day.

This is not the most luxurious resort you'll find on the island (and anyone booking it would know that). If you want all the extra bells and whistles of being treated like a King a Queen, than you should also be prepared to spend like a King and Queen (but don't try to get a good deal and than nit-pick about every little thing). On this trip to Aruba I decided to save the $2,000.00 dollars and be able to do more dining, shopping and exploring on the Island. It was worth it.

10  Thank Nicole M

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino and for your loyalty to our property. We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us and thanks for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first trip to Aruba and I took the advice of previous TripAdvisor travelers. I am so glad I did. The Holiday Inn is not a fancy "Ritz" type hotel, but it's very clean, well maintained, quiet, good food with lots of variety, convenient location, great beach, and wonderful staff - be sure to seek out Berny in the Oceanside Bar, he was the BEST! Very thankful for Carlos as he led the in-pool aerobics which helped balance all those tasty dinners! Had a first floor room without a view, but that was not a problem considering the little time spent in the room. Did the all-inclusive and was glad for that also. Never felt bored with the food choices. Overall, it was a good hotel for a great relaxing vacation at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelBug89129
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this resort in December. It was the STAY FROM HELL. After over 15 years of travel to IHG hotels, including a lot of Holiday Inn Hotels, I have NEVER seen a hotel as horrible as this. From the building, to the features, to the food... it was awful. I wish I could go back in time and select another place to stay in Aruba. By far, the worst part of the entire experience, the STAFF. THE WORST HOTEL STAFF I HAVE EVER SEEN. Rude, unkind, incompetent, and indifferent. This hotel did not treat a PLATINUM ELITE GUEST in a way fitting of Holiday Inn Hotels. I would suggest that you stay ANYWHERE but here; it was awful. Don't let Holiday Inn ruin your trip to Aruba like they did mine. I have written out some of the details below, to explain how horrific this place is. Holiday Inn should be ashamed that it's name is attached to this hotel; I have no idea how it stays a Holiday Inn or why they are allowed to be in the brand. It's not worthy of a Days Inn, let alone a Holiday Inn Resort.

During my stay I encountered several issues and, while most issues were minor, some issues were significant. Additionally, the number of problems that occurred during one stay is very concerning. The most concerning issue was the behavior and attitude of your front desk staff which was appalling.

We arrived and were checked into Room 5574. Within the first two days, two problems occurred in the room. The first was the wall control for the air conditioner didn't work; when I told the front desk, a staff member fixed the problem quickly. Also, the hairdryer in the room did not work; I told the front desk and it replaced quickly. On our fourth day, we awoke to find that the carpet in the room was saturated with water; it came from the air conditioner. I informed the front desk who assured me that staff would be sent to the room immediately to stop the leaking and they would move me to another room. The staff then informed me that most rooms were either occupied or not yet clean; she said a room would be ready several hours from now by 4pm. I told her that was not acceptable at which point she spoke to a supervisor. The staff member then told me she had been given "permission" to upgrade my room. She provided new room keys to Room 5584 and agreed to call a member of the bell staff to assist with the move. I went to my room and gathered all my belongings which the bell staff moved; when I walked into the new room I noticed the room had one king bed. I called the front desk who told me that was all they had available at that time. I explained that was not acceptable and not what I had reserved at which point I asked for a manager. I was connected to one of the front desk supervisors who told me I would have to move to the other hotel tower, across the entire resort. I explained that was also not acceptable, in part because the mechanical failure in the original room has already caused a significant inconvenience. I was told I would have to wait to check-in time to "see what we have left." I asked to be connected to the manager-on-duty since this entire situation had already taken far too long to correct; I was transferred to a phone that nobody answered. I called the front desk again, and requested the manager-on-duty; I was connected to the same supervisor I had already spoken with. I walked down to the front desk and spoke with the front desk manager and asked for the manager-on-duty. The front desk manager was oblivious to the entire situation and said she could help me; I again informed her I wanted the manager-on-duty. She informed me the manager-on-duty was in another building and called her on the phone. At this point, I spoke with Brenda regarding this situation. I was given a new room and I was told that I was "upgraded" to another room type, Room 5588. Several hours later Brenda called to follow-up and asked that I clarify the situation since it had not been made clear to her at that time; she added she was not made aware of the issue prior to my speaking with her. Brenda did make the token gesture of sending a cheese plate to my room the following day; how insulting.

The following day I was unable to connect to high-speed Internet. After trying for several hours, I called the front desk. I was told "the island system is down" and was given no further information. I asked if there was another way to access the Internet and was told "no." I went to my room and attempted to call home from my room phone; the phone was not working. I again called the front desk and was told the phone wasn't working because the Internet wasn't working.

I travel frequently and I stay at Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels often; I've maintained Platinum Elite for several years. I have had some wonderful stays and some less-than-wonderful stays; this one was of the less-than-wonderful stays. The resort location is amazing and the resort has the potential to be great, it is unfortunate this property and front desk staff are so poor. I understand that occasionally incidents do occur, like a mechanical problem in a guest room, but I expect that such situations are quickly resolved. A problem with a hairdryer or air conditioner shouldn't have such a negative impact on an entire stay. The front desk staff is horrid; they were ill-informed, unhelpful, and clueless. There is no reason that moving my room after the air conditioner leaked should take nearly two-hours. My vacation time is finite and valuable; I have no desire to spend that time dealing with problems that can be avoided or easily corrected. I booked this resort, in part, because I trusted Holiday Inn to give me a great vacation stay, however, this resort failed to meet my expectations. I expected a comfortable room with all the mechanical features -- like an air conditioner -- to be working and a pleasant, friendly staff. In fact, I got the opposite.

Stay away from this hotel! Book ANYWHERE else!

Room Tip: Terrible Hotel! Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Fly_away_11

Dear Valued Guest,

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re really sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service,dining experience and cleanliness which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns as soon as possible. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. Please contact me at cameron.smith@ihg.com so we can know further details about your stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed in April 2014 as couple in our 20's. Second trip to aruba, stayed at the westin previously. Overall a good experience, impressed even though its a holiday inn. TIP: do yourself a favor and do not do all inclusive, there are so many options a short walk away.

Pros:
-Great location right across from the mall area with endless options for dining
-Clean rooms and grounds
-Price
-Elevators worked and did not back up (this is an issue at other places!)
-Friendly staff
-Free bike rentals

Cons:
-Palapa reservation...i understand you are on vacation and you can get a drink and wait in line. However, time is money you aren't on vacation forever. So the option to pay for a palapa reservation would be great! I felt bad for the people that chose to wait in line for hours. But waiting in line on a beach in paradise is better than work right?
-Courtyard area had nice seating, but the loose rock pathways and lack of low lying vegetation cheapened the look.
-Kids in the "adults only" pool every day, with staff not doing anything about it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank krzr3000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear krzr3000,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, we’re sorry about the pool restriction. We will look into this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at this "resort" hotel on many occassions, and will continue to return. What a paradise of a location, along with the great amenities, pools, food, with clean rooms et al.

However, the reason we keep coming back it is because of the impecable service! From the front desk, with Shirley and team, then John and Reynaldo (Bell Men), to Mayra, a special thanks for always taking GREAT care of our room... then to our servers... Edward, Eddy, Hugo, and Boris! What great service with care, and it always seems to be there Pleasure! Alvaro... a special thanks to you and your team.

Randy and Dawn
Platinum Elite Members

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Randy H
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Randy H,

Greetings, greetings, greetings...what a pleasure to welcome back, and thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. Rest assured we will pass your kind words onto Shirley and team, then John and Reynaldo (Bell Men), Myra in housekeeping, Edward, Eddy, Hugo and Boris and of course Alvaro and hi team....thank you! Cant wait to welcome you back again soon for some more memorable vacations to you home away from home...

Kind Regards,
Management Team.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I did hours of research before choosing this place for our vacation to Aruba, and I am very happy with my choice. It is in a great location, not too close to shops, bars, and restaurants, so you don't get the loud noises, but it is within very short walking distance. Right on Palm beach, you walk out of the hotel and there it is. Gorgeous. Great restaurants right along the beach outside the hotel (we did not get the all-inclusive option). Our room was recently renovated, which was great. I also loved that there was always free lemon water in the main lobby. My fiance and I stopped to have some every time we passed through the lobby. Check-in and check-out went fine, no complaints there. The king size bed was comfortable and clean. The closet space was generous.

*My only two complaints: The bathroom was small, had a poor layout, and was very poorly lit (needs better lighting in the shower - it was way too dark so I had to take the outer curtain down to let some light into the shower). On the plus side, the sink, counter, and flooring looked new, and the housekeeper always gave us clean towels daily. My other complaint: It would have been convenient if we could get back into the hotel through one of the side doors up the stairs, instead of having to go in through the main lobby elevators every time we wanted to go back to our room from the beach, but the side doors only open from the inside, they are always locked from the outside. I would suggest adding a key card entry option to unlock those doors for people who are staying at the hotel to enter.*

Our room was ocean front on the 3rd floor and had a balcony. The beach and pools get very busy during the day, so if you really want a private secluded beach, I would not recommend staying here. I am the type of person who could lay out on the beach for hours, and I would stay here again, if I ever get the chance to go to Aruba again. I thought it was very nice for a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: We splurged a little bit and got a ocean front room on the 3rd floor. It was fantastic and had an am...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BeagleMom12

Dear BeagleMom12,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to our resort and happy to hear your reseach paid off. Your comments are valuable to us and we will pass them onto our Management Team. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our Happy Island on your next vacation.

Kind Regards,

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#24 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!