My wife and I stayed here for vacation during the last week of April 2014. For the most part we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel rooms and grounds are very nice and VERY CLEAN. Our room was spotless and the king sized bed was very comfortable. We both slept very well each night. The pool and hot tub areas are large and kept very clean. The hotel gym is also very nice, very clean and all the gym equipment is in good working order.
The hotel itself is within easy walking distance to all area restaurants and attractions. I would suggest you NOT get the "all inclusive" package, there are far too many really good restaurants you won't get to experience. There are also several mini marts within walking distance but be prepared to pay top dollar for alcohol, but it's still cheaper than buying drinks at a bar or hotel. I'd suggest you bring some alcohol with you from home, you won't regret it if you like to have a few drinks while on vacation.
One minor issue we had was the time hotel staff collects the beach chairs. We were sitting comfortably around 7pm watching the sunset and had to get up so our beach chairs could be collected and stacked. We didn't argue, I know the staff member was doing as he was told. So we moved a few feet over next door and sat down in the chairs that were beach front at the Marriot and finished watching the sun set. It seemed they DIDN'T pull up their chairs and didn't chase us away.
Another issue is there is very little noise insulation from the hallway to the hotel room. Be prepared to wake up around 8:00AM to the sound of exicited and screaming children running to get on the beach. On the plus side the noise insulation between the rooms is quite good.
Overall though this is a great hotel at a great price. We will probably stay here again if and when we return to Aruba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we've gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you're here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you'll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach