Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Rockville Centre, New York
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for a week, we knew that we weren't staying at a luxury resort, but we walked away with not one complaint.Never had an issue getting a palapa (never bothered to wait in line for one either) after about 12, people started leaving the beach so there were plenty to choose from. The beach has the most shade that I saw at any resort and the beach was beautiful as you could wish for - blue but not crystal clear (which I knew going in, but my husband was surprised by).

Room Tip: don't even bother with an oceanfront, our ocean view was basically oceanfront.
2 Thank Julia P
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was great to welcome you and your husband to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We like to provide all our guests a great experience at our resort. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Until next time,

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Beach Resort and Casino Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Holiday Inn the last week of April. I had extensively read reviews on Trip Advisor before booking and after to prepare for arrival. The first room we checked into seemed a little stuffy and appeared to aggravate my asthma. ( I think because the air conditioning was not on.) We only stayed in the room about 5 minutes and my husband asked for a different room. They moved us about 4 rooms down and it was much more comfortable. We had absolutely no problem with check in, at most we waited 20 minutes to reserve the beach huts. (The first day we went out at 5:00 and did not wait at all and still were able to reserve one.) Even if you did not get a hut on the beach there was no shortage of beach chairs to still lay out in the sun with. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked great. The beach was the cleanest beach I have seen in the Caribbean! The wait staff on the beach were very cordial. The staff at the front counter were very friendly and helpful. My only complaints are that the beds are VERY firm and actually gave us sore backs. Also, too many people would leave their towels by the pools to reserve chaise lounges and would hardly ever stop by. Since all the towels are the same I do not know why more people didn't just claim the chair as their own.. How could it be proved? Anyways, we did have to look around if we wanted to sit by the pool. We did not do the all inclusive and was glad I had read about that on Trip Advisor because there are many many restaurants right across and down the street. The cost could not be beat for what was provided. I have stayed in very nice hotels and moderate ones like this and it was fine. Location was the best on the beach!

Room Tip: semi ocean front was nice with a balcony and view of the ocean.
2 Thank nsm5813
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Paradise! Thank you so much for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us. We are so sorry to hear your first room was not ideal for you, but we are happy to know you enjoyed the second one. We hope to see you back again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were there late December 2013, right after Christmas. Seems like the hotel was going thru the transition of going from Hotel/Resort to full all-inclusive Resort. Had a good time, but it was confusing when eating at their restaurants. Some items on the menu were extra charge and were not part of the all-inclusive package. We also had to sign for every drink order we had, even when we had the right wrist bands. We were with a group and some of the kids were not even allowed to order non-alcoholic drinks.

Other than the service inconvenience, the resort was great. We will be returning in 2014, but will probably be staying at a different resort just to compare.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you and your family had a good time. However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the confusion with the all-inclusive package. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

West Virginia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for vacation during the last week of April 2014. For the most part we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel rooms and grounds are very nice and VERY CLEAN. Our room was spotless and the king sized bed was very comfortable. We both slept very well each night. The pool and hot tub areas are large and kept very clean. The hotel gym is also very nice, very clean and all the gym equipment is in good working order.

The hotel itself is within easy walking distance to all area restaurants and attractions. I would suggest you NOT get the "all inclusive" package, there are far too many really good restaurants you won't get to experience. There are also several mini marts within walking distance but be prepared to pay top dollar for alcohol, but it's still cheaper than buying drinks at a bar or hotel. I'd suggest you bring some alcohol with you from home, you won't regret it if you like to have a few drinks while on vacation.

One minor issue we had was the time hotel staff collects the beach chairs. We were sitting comfortably around 7pm watching the sunset and had to get up so our beach chairs could be collected and stacked. We didn't argue, I know the staff member was doing as he was told. So we moved a few feet over next door and sat down in the chairs that were beach front at the Marriot and finished watching the sun set. It seemed they DIDN'T pull up their chairs and didn't chase us away.

Another issue is there is very little noise insulation from the hallway to the hotel room. Be prepared to wake up around 8:00AM to the sound of exicited and screaming children running to get on the beach. On the plus side the noise insulation between the rooms is quite good.

Overall though this is a great hotel at a great price. We will probably stay here again if and when we return to Aruba.

2 Thank trav115
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with our beach chairs, we appreciate your comments and shall let the corresponding departments know so this doesn't happen again.

We hope to see you again in beautiful Aruba!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our 3rd visit to Aruba. We first stayed at the Holiday Inn in 2010, Riu Palace in 2012 and now Holiday Inn again in April 2014. I cannot think of any complaints for the Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, food was great at the Sea Breeze and beach bar. The fact of the mater is you can't really go wrong at any of the resorts along the Palm Beach/Eagle Beach resort strip. Location, Location, Location! Lots of stores and great restaurants are directly across the street. All the staff members were friendly and many have worked for the resort for 20, 25 and 30+ years. They have really improved and refined their menus, the only suggestion I would make is to refine the breakfast buffet a bit further (although there is a large variety and something for everyone).

I found reserving the Palapas more convenient than waking up at 5am and placing your towel at a hut and still running the risk of not getting a hut, or someone else stealing it anyways (like other resorts). The half hour line is worth having piece of mind that you have a hut dedicated to your room number for the next day.

This is not the most luxurious resort you'll find on the island (and anyone booking it would know that). If you want all the extra bells and whistles of being treated like a King a Queen, than you should also be prepared to spend like a King and Queen (but don't try to get a good deal and than nit-pick about every little thing). On this trip to Aruba I decided to save the $2,000.00 dollars and be able to do more dining, shopping and exploring on the Island. It was worth it.

10 Thank Nicole M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino and for your loyalty to our property. We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us and thanks for sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

We hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Warm Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first trip to Aruba and I took the advice of previous TripAdvisor travelers. I am so glad I did. The Holiday Inn is not a fancy "Ritz" type hotel, but it's very clean, well maintained, quiet, good food with lots of variety, convenient location, great beach, and wonderful staff - be sure to seek out Berny in the Oceanside Bar, he was the BEST! Very thankful for Carlos as he led the in-pool aerobics which helped balance all those tasty dinners! Had a first floor room without a view, but that was not a problem considering the little time spent in the room. Did the all-inclusive and was glad for that also. Never felt bored with the food choices. Overall, it was a good hotel for a great relaxing vacation at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TravelBug89129
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this resort in December. It was the STAY FROM HELL. After over 15 years of travel to IHG hotels, including a lot of Holiday Inn Hotels, I have NEVER seen a hotel as horrible as this. From the building, to the features, to the food... it was awful. I wish I could go back in time and select another place to stay in Aruba. By far, the worst part of the entire experience, the STAFF. THE WORST HOTEL STAFF I HAVE EVER SEEN. Rude, unkind, incompetent, and indifferent. This hotel did not treat a PLATINUM ELITE GUEST in a way fitting of Holiday Inn Hotels. I would suggest that you stay ANYWHERE but here; it was awful. Don't let Holiday Inn ruin your trip to Aruba like they did mine. I have written out some of the details below, to explain how horrific this place is. Holiday Inn should be ashamed that it's name is attached to this hotel; I have no idea how it stays a Holiday Inn or why they are allowed to be in the brand. It's not worthy of a Days Inn, let alone a Holiday Inn Resort.

During my stay I encountered several issues and, while most issues were minor, some issues were significant. Additionally, the number of problems that occurred during one stay is very concerning. The most concerning issue was the behavior and attitude of your front desk staff which was appalling.

We arrived and were checked into Room 5574. Within the first two days, two problems occurred in the room. The first was the wall control for the air conditioner didn't work; when I told the front desk, a staff member fixed the problem quickly. Also, the hairdryer in the room did not work; I told the front desk and it replaced quickly. On our fourth day, we awoke to find that the carpet in the room was saturated with water; it came from the air conditioner. I informed the front desk who assured me that staff would be sent to the room immediately to stop the leaking and they would move me to another room. The staff then informed me that most rooms were either occupied or not yet clean; she said a room would be ready several hours from now by 4pm. I told her that was not acceptable at which point she spoke to a supervisor. The staff member then told me she had been given "permission" to upgrade my room. She provided new room keys to Room 5584 and agreed to call a member of the bell staff to assist with the move. I went to my room and gathered all my belongings which the bell staff moved; when I walked into the new room I noticed the room had one king bed. I called the front desk who told me that was all they had available at that time. I explained that was not acceptable and not what I had reserved at which point I asked for a manager. I was connected to one of the front desk supervisors who told me I would have to move to the other hotel tower, across the entire resort. I explained that was also not acceptable, in part because the mechanical failure in the original room has already caused a significant inconvenience. I was told I would have to wait to check-in time to "see what we have left." I asked to be connected to the manager-on-duty since this entire situation had already taken far too long to correct; I was transferred to a phone that nobody answered. I called the front desk again, and requested the manager-on-duty; I was connected to the same supervisor I had already spoken with. I walked down to the front desk and spoke with the front desk manager and asked for the manager-on-duty. The front desk manager was oblivious to the entire situation and said she could help me; I again informed her I wanted the manager-on-duty. She informed me the manager-on-duty was in another building and called her on the phone. At this point, I spoke with Brenda regarding this situation. I was given a new room and I was told that I was "upgraded" to another room type, Room 5588. Several hours later Brenda called to follow-up and asked that I clarify the situation since it had not been made clear to her at that time; she added she was not made aware of the issue prior to my speaking with her. Brenda did make the token gesture of sending a cheese plate to my room the following day; how insulting.

The following day I was unable to connect to high-speed Internet. After trying for several hours, I called the front desk. I was told "the island system is down" and was given no further information. I asked if there was another way to access the Internet and was told "no." I went to my room and attempted to call home from my room phone; the phone was not working. I again called the front desk and was told the phone wasn't working because the Internet wasn't working.

I travel frequently and I stay at Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza hotels often; I've maintained Platinum Elite for several years. I have had some wonderful stays and some less-than-wonderful stays; this one was of the less-than-wonderful stays. The resort location is amazing and the resort has the potential to be great, it is unfortunate this property and front desk staff are so poor. I understand that occasionally incidents do occur, like a mechanical problem in a guest room, but I expect that such situations are quickly resolved. A problem with a hairdryer or air conditioner shouldn't have such a negative impact on an entire stay. The front desk staff is horrid; they were ill-informed, unhelpful, and clueless. There is no reason that moving my room after the air conditioner leaked should take nearly two-hours. My vacation time is finite and valuable; I have no desire to spend that time dealing with problems that can be avoided or easily corrected. I booked this resort, in part, because I trusted Holiday Inn to give me a great vacation stay, however, this resort failed to meet my expectations. I expected a comfortable room with all the mechanical features -- like an air conditioner -- to be working and a pleasant, friendly staff. In fact, I got the opposite.

Stay away from this hotel! Book ANYWHERE else!

Room Tip: Terrible Hotel! Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Fly_away_11
Dear Valued Guest,

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re really sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service,dining experience and cleanliness which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns as soon as possible. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. Please contact me at cameron.smith@ihg.com so we can know further details about your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,650 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,168 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,247 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!