I have just returned from a week at the Holiday Inn Resort. I vacationed here in 2004 and went back to this resort because it was a reasonable priced all inclusive package. We chose to vacation here again rather than try something different and potentially unfamiliar. I can certainly state that a lot has changed in 10 years. and all for the good.
The Holiday Inn is a solid, clean 3.5-4 star resort. There is an newer tower of rooms and another pool since we last stayed there. As well there is a complete development of stores, restaurants, movie theatres and a bowling alley right across the street.
I found the food quality and selection to be above average and the service was good. I did not find the staff falling all over us and yes we had to wait a bit for drinks or follow up, but I was on vacation, so there was no rush. The wait staff was always pleasant and friendly without fault.
The resort wasn't packed and we never had any issues finding quality spots at the pool or on the beach. What I did notice is that there were plenty of pool staff cleaning in and around the pool during the day. There were also always security people around the hotel so despite the resort being right on the beach and the grounds being very open, the atmosphere was very safe.
If I have one complaint it was that our room faced the north side of the new tower which overlooks a public beach bar that would be noisy until 11pm-12am. If you are a early to bed, request a room that is not on this side of resort.
Aruba is an expensive island to eat out. Most local restaurants would be $50+ before drinks, so all inclusive was definitely the way to go. Two nights during the week the buffet is held outdoors with a very nice entertaining show.
All in all I recommend the Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we've gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you're here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you'll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach