“Nice and Clean, Great Family Hotel, However Poor Beach Experience”

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice and Clean, Great Family Hotel, However Poor Beach Experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

So myself and my 19 year old daughter arrived at this hotel for an eight day seven night post freshman year of college Father and daughter trip from May 25 2014 through June 2nd 2014 for some serious R&R, this was my second trip to Aruba and my Daughters first, she was so looking forward to just "chilling" on the beach and I for sure needed some down time after a stressful number of months at work. The Hotel suited our needs perfectly, now note my kids and I have traveled together extensively over the years through the Caribbean so this kind of experience was not new for us.
We stayed in the Sea Tower on the 7th floor with a "partial" ocean view room its a LONG walk from the Lobby but we didn't mind as we were on the beach every day from 9AM until 7PM.
A few things that are very much worth noting the men who work as the beach staff assigning the cabanas or "jalapas" on the beach are extremely rude and corrupt, you will get ZERO service from them unless you are tipping them out of pocket on a daily basis, now keep in mind this is Aruba in late Spring and the sun was VERY strong and you needed shade it wasn't even an option yet this particular group of workers were the worst of the worst, if you don't know what I mean try reserving a cabana for you and your family you will be treated with absolute disrespect and/or completely ignored if you do not tip these men. Also, the waiters and waitresses who work at the beach bar/café feed the numerous Iguanas who roam the property daily by dumping out at the base of a tree right by the eating area day old salad and other spoiled food items, on two separate occasions while my Daughter and I were eating lunch we were treated to the site of an Iguana feeding frenzy right in front of our eyes, this was so disgusting and for the amount of money they charge this is the kind of experience you get?? Bartenders are friendly very laid back service was good at the bar but hey when you charge 10 bucks for a pina colada with almost no alcohol in it what do you expect?? Overall good value family hotel we we were there during the week of "Soul Fest" many younger tourists at this time doing what young tourists do ( we witnessed a women who was acutely intoxicated from one of their celebrations she had to be carried off the beach literally by security and her friends. Speaking of security you will feel VERY secure here, the Holiday Inn Sunspree has almost an entire private police force on the property 24/7 very vigilant but hey who can blame them?? This is after all one Happy Island! I would not recommend the restaurants, incredibly expensive and very low quality food they don't grow anything in Aruba all food has to be flown in don't expect 5 star restaurants here and if you do find one be prepared to pay big bucks

Room Tip: WE had a room with two double beds in the Sea Tower it was very clean and neat partial ocean view th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank s r
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear s r,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad to know that hotel perfectly suited your needs. However, I apologize for the level of service received from our beach staff did not meet your expectations. All of our reviews are evaluated by our hotel management, and your review is no exception.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bogotá
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a wedding last weekend in Aruba. It was at the Ritz. I made a lot of research because i wanted to have fun, but i did not want to pay 600-800 $/night. I ended up staying at the holliday inn for 200$ and i'm happy i did. Good rooms, good price, great pool, well located. Everything you can ask. The service is not that good, but i haven't had an excellent service in any of the Caribbean island that i have visited.

Room Tip: I stayed at the sky view rooms and they were pretty good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joelcohena
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear joelcohena,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay. Your comments are very valuable to us and we will pass them onto our Team Associates. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back again to Aruba in the near future. Thank you.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friends and I visited Aruba for the first time in May and lodged at the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba for weekend and we had a terrific time. The hotel was very clean and we had the best housekeeper (Ana) you could imagine! Everyone was super friendly and the location is better than we could have ever imagined. We had a nice view of the courtyard area AND the beach from our balcony. We were only steps away from the beach and enjoyed the day parties and happy hours on Mumba Beach! This is definitely our hotel of choice for all future visits to Aruba!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Reece1125
Dear Reece1125,

Thank you for taking your time to review our Resort. We were thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay and our Team Associates and Ana from House Keeping met with your expectations. Aruba awaits your return on our sandy beaches and beautiful blue ocean...Masha Danki.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute booking for us based on a good package price, it's our first time at this hotel but our 6th trip to this Island. We have found the hotel to be extremely clean and the staff is always working mopping or sweeping or wiping walls of elevator. We are impressed for the value.
It is quite a family friendly resort, but there are plenty of places for couples to escape to as well. The beach palapa access is a wonderful plan, they are available to reserve for the next day beginning at 4PM. Our favorite was number 88, as it gave significant shade for our Midwestern pale skin that burns so easily in the Aruban Sun!
We are breakfast one day in the restaurant and chose not to go back because we don't like buffets, but for those that do there was a nice selection. Our experiences at the other restaurants and bars were very positive and the service prompt and accurate.
Overall we had a good time at the Holiday Inn in Aruba, we would come back here for another good deal on the price!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brandy M
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
DearBrandy M,

First let us thank you for yout time to review our Resort, we were thrilled to hear that the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino met with your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our Happy Island for some more relaxation on your next vacation. Masha Danki.....

Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

From check-in to check-out this resort was absolutely amazing. Our oceanfront room in the Ocean Tower was spotless and the AC worked great. The food in See Breeze was always delicious. Lunch at the Beach Bar was very good. I have no complaints at all about this resort. Cannot understand any negative comments about the Holiday Inn Aruba. Would like to especially recognize Vivianna, Rosa Maria, Jesus, Edward and Bladimir for always serving up our drinks and food with a big smile. Will return to the Holiday Inn Aruba and would highly recommend it. The beach was amazing.

Room Tip: Upgrade to oceanfront. Nothing like laying in bed looking at the beautiful turquoise waters.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Janet S
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Janet S,

First let us thank you for you time to review our Resort and for the kind comments you made which we will make sure to pass onto Vivianna, Rosa Maria, Jesus, Edward and Bladimir I am sure this will bring more smiles. So glad to hear our nearly renovated Resort met with your expectations and thank you for recommending us to your family anhd friends. We cannot wait to welcome you back again to your home away from home...Masha Danki.

Holtsville, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is located in a great location next to shopping and many restaurants. I would suggest that you stop at the supermarket on the way to your hotel to pick up supplies since all small stores in the area are a little bit on the high side. The room was clean and spacious, bathroom was clean. Overall the hotel was well kept. We tried the buffet and it was not that good that was the only meal we had there because there are so many choices within walking distance. There are many water sports available close by at reasonable rates. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a clear ocean view make sure you specify.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank june3853
HIResortAruba, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear june3853,
Regards from sunny Aruba! Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers, We are so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location and installations. We also appreciate your invaluable feedback about your stay, rest assured your comments are very important to us and we shall inform the corresponding department.

We hope to see you back again soon on our happy island!

Best Regards,
Management Team
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We came to Aruba for a 12 day vacation to visit with friends. We have been to Aruba on three previous occasions, but have never seen it as we have this time.
I have traveled the world, Europe, Asia, Africa, South and Central America, but for some reason I realized that I enjoyed this trip more than most. Aruba is now my favorite choice for just relaxing.
Our first three days and the last two days were spent at the Holiday Inn resort and casino in Aruba. Holiday Inn can be proud of this location. The 7 days between the Holiday Inn visits were at the Marriott Surf Club directly next door. The combination made for the perfect vacation get away and I will be back over and over again!
The Holiday Inn is perfectly located right on the most beautiful beach area in Aruba. The hotel has excellent restaurants, shops and it's own casino, not huge, but comfortable. The staff is friendly and anxious to assure you enjoy your stay. Several pools and spas are welcoming to guests and always kept remarkably clean. Only one small complaint, one elevator seems to be out of service for some time making small rooms in the Sea Tower a long walk to get to! A very minor complaint but I'm being honest. The resort can be had as a 'All Inclusive' or standard resort.
We stayed the first few days on the third floor of the Sea Tower, if you are looking for an ocean view this is the place for it on an upper floor. But I noticed the first level off number rooms in the Sea Tower opened almost directly onto the pool deck. If you are a sun worshiper and not too interested in the view the first floor is choice property. I decided to request room 7123 for my stay the following week . As I am a Platinum Elite member of the IHG hotel group my request was granted immediately with a very early check in time and late check out time also.

ROOM ALERT: request rooms 7119, 7121, 7123 (my favorite), 7125, or 7127. They all open directly onto the pool or hot tub deck, and are an easy 30 yard walk to the gorgeous beach and a short distance from the casino and restaurants also near the workout area. No worries about saving a chair near the pool, your patio is steps from the pool.
Between the Holiday Inn Resort and the Marriott Surf Club, both perfect in their own right, it convinced me that any Caribbean vacation from now on will be to Aruba, and I'll be bringing guests, my family and friends. Aruba is a well kept secret, everyone seems to want the other islands and never consider coming just a short distance further south to what I firmly believe is the best of Caribbean Islands and I've been to them 'ALL'.
Enjoy!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank MetraCop
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Jack K,

Greetings from Aruba the best kept secret, and many thanks for recent visit to our resort and for posting your review, and your loyality as a IHG Platinum Elite Member. We were thrilled to hear that we met your expectations and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you and family memebers and friends back again soon. Masha Danki.

Holiday Inn Resort Auba-Beach Resort & Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!