So myself and my 19 year old daughter arrived at this hotel for an eight day seven night post freshman year of college Father and daughter trip from May 25 2014 through June 2nd 2014 for some serious R&R, this was my second trip to Aruba and my Daughters first, she was so looking forward to just "chilling" on the beach and I for sure needed some down time after a stressful number of months at work. The Hotel suited our needs perfectly, now note my kids and I have traveled together extensively over the years through the Caribbean so this kind of experience was not new for us.
We stayed in the Sea Tower on the 7th floor with a "partial" ocean view room its a LONG walk from the Lobby but we didn't mind as we were on the beach every day from 9AM until 7PM.
A few things that are very much worth noting the men who work as the beach staff assigning the cabanas or "jalapas" on the beach are extremely rude and corrupt, you will get ZERO service from them unless you are tipping them out of pocket on a daily basis, now keep in mind this is Aruba in late Spring and the sun was VERY strong and you needed shade it wasn't even an option yet this particular group of workers were the worst of the worst, if you don't know what I mean try reserving a cabana for you and your family you will be treated with absolute disrespect and/or completely ignored if you do not tip these men. Also, the waiters and waitresses who work at the beach bar/café feed the numerous Iguanas who roam the property daily by dumping out at the base of a tree right by the eating area day old salad and other spoiled food items, on two separate occasions while my Daughter and I were eating lunch we were treated to the site of an Iguana feeding frenzy right in front of our eyes, this was so disgusting and for the amount of money they charge this is the kind of experience you get?? Bartenders are friendly very laid back service was good at the bar but hey when you charge 10 bucks for a pina colada with almost no alcohol in it what do you expect?? Overall good value family hotel we we were there during the week of "Soul Fest" many younger tourists at this time doing what young tourists do ( we witnessed a women who was acutely intoxicated from one of their celebrations she had to be carried off the beach literally by security and her friends. Speaking of security you will feel VERY secure here, the Holiday Inn Sunspree has almost an entire private police force on the property 24/7 very vigilant but hey who can blame them?? This is after all one Happy Island! I would not recommend the restaurants, incredibly expensive and very low quality food they don't grow anything in Aruba all food has to be flown in don't expect 5 star restaurants here and if you do find one be prepared to pay big bucks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we've gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you're here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you'll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach