“Great Vacation!”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
New Jersey
“Great Vacation!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We just got back from a 7 day stay at the Holiday Inn, Aruba. A few people had turned up their noses when I mentioned we were going to be staying at this hotel. For what reason I have no idea. This place was great! And I am a little picky and gross out easily! The rooms were updated and super clean. The beach is by far the best beach and you cant beat the location, close to restaurants and stores. My 18 year old son joined my husband and I, and I was worried he might be bored. He loved it! The night we got there I left my purse with all of our money and credit cards in the taxi. I didnt realize it until an hour later. Jean at the events desk in the lobby, helped me immediately, located the taxi and believe it or not, it was recovered with all my cash and credit cards! Bryan at the hotel lobby bar become my sons BFF for the week and Miguel always made sure we had a Polapos (not sure of the spelling, but these are the huts on the beach) everyday that was convenient for my husband who had a broken foot. We plan to go back next year, and my son too, and hope to stay for 10 days next time. There is no reason to go anywhere else but the Holiday Inn. For the price you pay, and I reseached several places, it makes no sense to spend hundreds more a night and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Sandbar44
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Sandbar44,

Hello from Aruba! Thank you so much for your recent stay at our resort and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We are indeed thrilled you had such a great stay and were happy with the service of the team as well as the beautiful surroundings we are privileged with. You hit the nail on the spot that we have indeed a the best location on the island, with an amazing beach and walking distance to restaurants, stores and more! We hope to see you and your family back very soon!

Warm Regards,
Guest Experience Manager
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Holiday Inn staff and security were not ready for this group...Not sure if the coco brown skin made them....like scarface says..."Paranoy"; not very friendly...only a selected few. Even though it was an all inclusive, you had to sign a tab for EVERY thing...even a bottle of water. The hotel lobby bar closes at Midnight with one bartender to handle a group of 200 vacationers. SAD....No club on site; only two restaurants; the beach restaruant wait time for a table was 1 hour plus. The rooms were motel style; no swim-up bar. Adults share pool with the kids.... And what's the deal with reserving a beach hut and having to wait on line for an hour plus the afternoon before. It should be first come first serve..that's a ridiculous policy. Now, the group itinerary was awesome and we had a great time but. This is a 3 star Resort...and I'm being nice. Oh, the food is good. :-)

Room Tip: Free Wifi was very spotty in room. Partial Ocean view the rooftop views of cables and satellite dis...
2 Thank Ana R
Dear Ana R,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino and thank you for your recent visit and for your feedback with regards to your stay. Rest assured I have taken note and shared with the team your comments on your stay - I do apologize for these shortcomings. We pride ourselves on our consistent service and I see we fell short on this occasion for which I reiterate our apologies. Once again thank you and we hope you afford us a chance to visit us again.

Best Regards,
Guest Experience Manager
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a super fantastic time at the Holiday Inn, not the typical Inn from the States. From the hospitality room they offered since our room wasn't ready, to the awesome service, it's a fantastic place to stay! Roland, Jesus and Enrico were the best pool bartenders, but Brian at the lobby bar was the best! Room was comfortable and the beach was terrific! Walk in beautiful sand and warm water! It difficult to think of one con of this resort- it was a sad day to leave! Looking forward to another visit to paradise and fun times! We loved the hotel food and especially the casino where we won! Very nice hotel and super great employees! Contact me Directly if you want !

Room Tip: Ask for the Sea Tower, close to. Each and pool!room 6523 was perfect"
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Josephine S
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Josephine S,

Greetings, greetings from our Happy Island, let us thank you very much for your feedback your comments are very important to us. We will pass you kind remarks onto our Team Associates and were thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us and enjoyed our beautiful beach and location. We are ready to welcome you back for some more relaxation on your next vacation to Aruba.

Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are on our 3rd trip to Aruba staying at the Holiday Inn. What we like best is the beautiful beach. An older person does not have to worry about too much walking. Everything is very conviently located right out side our rooms. All inclusive is nice but breakfast only gives you a chance to taste all the island has to offer. Maid service is good and the rooms were clean. Other places might look more inviting but all the walking is too much for the elderly.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank CarolandLinda
Dear CarolandLinda,

Greetings from our Happy Island and let us thank you for your comments which are very important to us. We were very happy to hear that our Resort suited all your needs and you enjoyed our beautiful beach and location. We look very much forward to welcoming you back again on your next vacation.

usa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been to this resort several times in the past, but my most recent visit was last month july 2014. I must admit that I was one of those in the past that criticized this resort . My opinion has sincerely chanced I'm glad to say. Why i choose to stay here was plain and simple the price..But after my arrival I was surprised and very happy I took a chance and stayed here ...This resort is wonderful for a lot of reasons.

First ...location...its has everything you need and want across the street all within walking distance, movies, mall, high end shopping and ventors for those shopping on a budget. Restaurants and fast fast food everywhere.

Second ...Price of this resort is the most affordable in the area

Third...Security....its very well staffed with security people everywhere

Fourth...Cleaniliness...they keep this place clean

Last but not least, the people are so nice ...its the tourist I'm sorry to say are the pain in the butts .

Oh I forgot to mention the beach...outstanding.
My next visit you know where I'm staying....lol

a happy visitor

Room Tip: go with and oceanview
1 Thank cherforme2
Dear cherforme2,

First let us thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. We were thrilled to hear the our Resort met with your expectations and our location and beautiful beach suited all your needs. We will be ready to welcome you back again on your next vacation to our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was our 2nd time staying at his hotel. We loved it. Great place, family friendly, good weather, beach and pool. Would go back again. Thank you to Lila(Manager). She was great.

Hotel stay
We checked into our hotel on a Wedneday, the room was ready. We were rewards club members so upon check in the reception area came us 2 bottles of water. Bell hop took our luggages to our room. Nice ocean side view room facing the pool & beach. I recommend the Sea Tower Building. Newer building and a good stay. Very nice and relaxing. Room was clean everyday, spotless. We have kids and this is a very kid friendly hotel. All their pools are very fun for adults and kids.

Beach
The beach is beautiful and clean every single day. We visited in July so it wasn't overcrowded but it was nice. I had to wait in line everyday to reserve a hut for the next day. A price to pay if you like the hut you are in and want to keep the same one everyday. The hut office opens at 4pm but people start lining up at 2pm. It was craziness. Especially the veterans that do this every year. They know the routine very well.

Pool
The pools are very nice and big. Looked clean, Fun for adults and kids of all ages. They closed at 7:30 for cleaning. But unfortunately this year when we came back from vacation my kids caught coxsackie and the dr said it was from the pool. So someone must of had it and my kids now have it...which was a big let down knowing my kids caught something while on vacation. Not the hotels fault, just parents putting their kids in the pool knowing their kids are sick!!

The grill onsite was good. Your usually, burgers, wings, fries, salad, etc...The kids ate free everyday But limited to burger/fries or hot dog/fries. You use the hotel charge pass and they deduct 15% off discount but then they add 15% on as a surcharge. I asked the waiter if this was the tip and he said no, tip is optional. Makes you think. whats the surcharge for??? A pina colada was $7.95 but if you walk on the beach further you'll find an outdoor bar for all day specials, 2 coladas or daiquiris for $8. Better priced and worth it. We only ate here for lunch and went out int he evening for dinner. Tried a different place each night, and thats why we decided against the all inclusive. Better that way.

Overall
The hotel grounds are very well kept. They were very nice and we were pleased with the hotel lobby, cleanliness, service, grounds, and our hotel room. Everything is well maintained and cleaned. Staff is very friendly. Beautiful area, beach, pools, etc.. I would come back here in a heart beat. We didn't want to leave Aruba, but all good things must come to an end. Now back to reality....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 517JohnA
Dear 517JohnA,

Greetings, greetings and thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Clubs Member, and your feedback is very important to us. We were happy to hear that you and your family had a great vacation with us and our location and amenties suited your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I own Dancin Doug Travel (DDT) and my company took 240 people to the Holiday Inn Aruba Resort from July 11-18, 2014.

The Hotel is a GREAT place for Family activities, Good Food and the Beach (which is Excellent). Its not a good place for large groups.

We may have overwhelmed them by our massive numbers and Management did not keep several promises that were made (like giving us access to the Ballroom for the time we were there) that could have made this a Win/Win, but instead let that opportunity slip away.

Be that as it may, I have to say that we STILL had a Ball there! We actually have a GREAT time whereever we go based on our program. We also had LIVE entertainment with Hip Hop Artist Kurtis Blow performing by the Beach, plus our DJs and Dance Instructors. The other Guests got to party with us and we all enjoyed it.

But on another note--I do not play with my words.
I TRULY say that Eliana Fun, who is the Group Manager, is the the person who SAVED this trip! Things could have been much worse when we found out things were changed.
The smartest thing they did was appoint her to work with us after we initially worked with Rosalinda (from the National Office) and Raul--who both were EXCELLENT as well.

Eliana is competent and thorough, yet very easy to get along with. Even when she told me things could not be the way they were promised from before, she made it sound acceptable and found ways to accommodate us as much as possible. It was a delight and pleasure working with her.
That is a gift in this industry.

Let me also add that the other Hotel Staff; like Danny and Brenda, among others, were very nice as well and helped us make the best out of our program there.

In this business you have to have integrity and keep your word, and that could have led to a bad ending, but instead, the staff did their best to help us have a great time--and we did.

I would recommend you bringing your family there. Its a Great Hotel and Good for the price.

Douglas Colon
CEO of Dancin' Doug Travel (DDT)

Room Tip: Pick a Higher Floor Most of the rooms are partial Oceanviews and have great views of the Beach.
5 Thank DouglasColon
Dear DouglasColon,

Greetings, and let us thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. We were happy to hear you had a great time and that our Team Associates where helpful to you. We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Aruba.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!