“Got Me My Certification”
Review of Aqua Windies

Aqua Windies
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Windie's is a unique Aquatic Fitness and Scuba Diving Center on Aruba, with there own half Olympic size swimming pool and Scuba Retail Shop, conveniently located near Aruba's low rise hotels.For our diving and snorkeling activities we provide free shuttle services from and to your hotel and we have free highspeed WIFI for all our customers.For your safety, diving is done in small groups only.
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Got Me My Certification”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was right around the corner from La Quinta, where we were staying, so we figured we'd check it out first.

We just went in to rent a couple of tanks and content ourselves with some shore diving, but we talked to the owners and felt so comfortable I signed up to finish Part B of my certification with them.

Other diving shops I had contacted by email before the trip wouldn't let my companion come on the dive which would have meant that he'd be sitting around while I went diving, but they had no problem with it. I was really glad I did! They set me up with Roshendra, a very calm, competent, serious and clear instructor who managed to make a very scary thing seem entirely possible.

We ended up diving every day possible with the crew and seeing what we could. Aqua Windies was very safe, but we also got to have fun and do sightseeing on the certification dives. I loved the boat ride, the crew, everything. We were diving with others who came year after year.

After one dive we did eat at the restaurant, Reef and Beef, and it was the first reasonably-priced good meal we had in Aruba.

Visited May 2014

Kill Devil Hill
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have gone to Aqua Windies for many years. The staff has always been most welcoming and friendly. Safety is of great importance here. The shop is well stocked, and the staff is highly knowledgeable. They offer a number of different trips for scuba and/or snorkeling. Good food at the restaurant too! Everyone involved with us went out of their way to make sure that we had a safe, and thoroughly enjoyable experience. They can accommodate beginners right up to highly experienced divers. Great crew, great place, I couldn't recommend them more highly!!!

Visited March 2014
The Netherlands
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Padi Open Water certification”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I finished my Padi Open Water course with Aquawindie in Aruba. I did my compulsary Padi theory at home, so i wouldn't waste any of my Aruban time in the class room. The practical part of the certification (pool session and 3 open water dives) was excellent, I felt very safe with the Aquawindies staff.
I'll definitely be back to dive with Aquawindies next time I'm om the island.

Visited May 2014
Oranjestad, Aruba
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just completed my Open Water Diver certification with Aqua Windie's, and I will continue for Advanced as well. The crew is efficient and professional as well as a pleasure to work with. So far I have worked with instructors Sjoerd and Raymond, and they are very knowledgeable and know their way around Aruba.
Furthermore I am taking regular diving trips with them. The equipmemt is always well maintained and the trips are well organised.

Highly recommended, both for diving trips and certifications!

Added benefit: The Reef and Beef restaurant on their premises! Try the Lionfish!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bart S
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After trying out more than a dozen dive centers in the Carribean, Windies is a lone winner. I have not experienced anything comparable in speed, efficiency, professionalism and service. I am certified, but from what I could see they do a phenomenal job in the certification courses. For more experience divers, the crew was just phenomenal in energy and qualification. Everything was organized and efficient, with no whiff of the annoying hours of delay just because nobody knows who does what and loads of last minute decisions. The boat and the equipment are spotless and up to date, the service is great, and you meet a load of fun people (I met the "wife" of the Dutch ambassador to Aruba, just to get you excited). Keep going!

Visited April 2014