“Beautiful Location and Relaxing Treatments, but a Bit Overpriced”
Review of Spa del Sol

Spa del Sol
Columbus, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful Location and Relaxing Treatments, but a Bit Overpriced”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The location of the spa on the beach with the open air cabanas was brilliant. The setting was tranquil and relaxing and the staff was very pleasant.

I received 5 treatments including an 80 relaxation massage, which was average at best. I also received an Aloe Body Wrap and a Volcano Mud Wrap. These were very relaxing and enjoyable. They could have left me wrapped for another 10 minutes. I also received an After Sun Facial and Vitamin C Facial. The Vitamin C facial was great, but the After Sun was average at best. I feel like the treatments are overpriced by about 10-15% given the location, amenities, and time of treatments.

Both therapists I interacted with were very pleasant and courteous. I enjoyed the experience, but would try another spa the next time.

1 Thank 4Diver4Ever

Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“We'd return to Aruba just to visit this spa again”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I received services at the spa. We shared a cabana; he had an 80 min. massage and I the clay wrap incl. a scrub. The spa area is gorgeous. The staff are very friendly and the services were outstanding. I don't know why anyone would choose another spa over this one but it's likely because they just don't know about it. We came from the high rise area specifically for this spa and it was worth it. This will be our must do when ever we come to Aruba. It's paradise and the cost for services are much more reasonable than others. I did have some challenges booking the services but eventually was able to confirm everything via email prior to our arrival on the island. I was not asked to provide a credit card to reserve.

2 Thank roshaykay
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect Spa Day”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had full spa day (4.5 hours) at Manchebo Beach Resort Spa del Sol location. It was a wonderful and relaxing day. You know when you go to spas they usually create an illusion of being near seaside for relaxation. This spa is a real deal as it is located directly on the Eagle beach with the water just steps away. It was absolutely amazing to hear the waves and birds chirping during the massage session. I had tropical body scrub, clay body wrap, deep tissue massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure. My massage therapist, Salome, handled it all, so it was nice that I was not passed from one therapist to another. I was very pleased with the level of service and competence of my massage therapist and the spa staff. It was a perfect spa day, which I definitely would like to repeat when I am in Aruba again.

1 Thank Katia M
Agawam, Massachusetts
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 221 helpful votes
“Excellent Spa on Eagle Beach”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spa del Sol is located at the Manchebo Beach Resort on Eagle Beach. As guests of Manchebo Beach it was very convenient to walk a few feet from our palapa hut on the beach to this beautiful spa. The spa offers full body massages, facials, eye treatments, body scrubs and wraps, nail care and waxing. They offer Spa Packages with combinations of all.

All massage treatments are offered "outdoors" in thatched-roof, oversized wooden huts with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The white gauze curtains are closed during the treatment and there continues to be a refreshing breeze from the winds and the fans inside the huts with the background sounds of the sea, local birds and relaxing soft music.

Entering the reception area and checking in at the spa, was taken to the locker room to store belongings, given a robe and sandals and walked to the shower. Post shower and in robe, walked through the palm tree tropical garden to wait in the lounge area on comfortable lounge beds overlooking the ocean. The therapist greeted me in this location, introduced herself and brought me to the hut.

The therapist was very professional and we discussed my expectations of the Swedish massage, amount of pressure and specific areas to focus on. This was one of the best massages I received anywhere in the US and from travel abroad. The 60 minutes were that of total relaxation and felt the tension and tightness being removed from extremely tight muscles. It was heavenly.

On conclusion of the massage was given the option to shower or to relax further in the covered lounge area overlooking the sea with a nice cold glass of water. This was total relaxation and a wonderful stress reliever and plan on returning on our next trip to Aruba.

Of note, located at this location but not part of the spa is the Garra Rufa foot pedicure. This foot treatment is of 30 minutes duration and consists of tiny fish gently lifting dry and dead skin away from your feet. They do not have teeth and the water is circulated continuously so this is a safe and healthy pedicure option. The owner of this therapy sits next to you during the pedicure and explains the treatment while it is occurring and encourages any questions. This was a unique and interesting experience and left my feet feeling soft and smooth. So glad I tried it!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Loves2Research
New York City, New York
“Poor service from start to finish”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I both had disappointing experiences at this spa during our stay at Manchebo (which overall was outstanding). My wife was booked for a pre-natal massage, and I had a pedicure. The pedicure had to be cancelled because the power chairs malfunctioned. They said there's no other way for them to provide a pedicure without power. They offered to provide me a 1-hour massage 50% off instead, which was very nice. So my wife and I arrived for our couples massage, and we led to respective pre-message shower rooms. We were not given any instructions on what to do when we were done , so we waited outside the shower rooms for a long time while various staff members walked by and smiled. We finally went back to the front desk in our robes and asked where to go next, and were led to the couples massage room. My massage felt average, it didn't feel like there was any special thought put into it. The next day I experience some terrible neck pain. My wife's pre-natal massage was much worse. She lied down on her side for most of it as she should, then at the end of the session the masseuse said "all done", to which my wife replied "what about my other side", to which she replied "I already did it". Very bizzarre. I got the feeling that the staff there are trained to do facials and nails, and received very light training in massage therapy.

Visited March 2014