“A week's stay 8/18-8/25”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Casa Del Mar Beach Resort
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Family of 4 stayed at presidential unit #1504, a 2 bedroom with excellent pool and ocean views. We were not sure about the views, as this was a timeshare we were picking up from someone else, but the view turned out to be one of the highlights; we could watch the sunset from our large balcony or go down to the beach.

There were only a couple of things I did not like; no wi-fi unless you pay for it, though at Matthew's restaurant on the premises, you do get wi-fi. We asked to have our boarding passes printed the night before departure and they wanted to charge us for internet access plus 50 cents/page to print the passes. We passed and it ended up not mattering anyway; at the airport we had the passes printed there as part of check in. That's about it, all minor points but it would be nice if the CDM joined the 21st century and gave free wi-fi. Also the beach here is not as calm as Palm or Eagle beaches and there were a couple of days where the breeze kicked up the sand, but the beach is very nice and wide and relatively people free compared to Palm beach.

The staff was very friendly, most are long timers and they get to know the repeat timeshare folks. The huts and beach chairs at the beach are first come first serve; I'd usually walk down around 7am and grab one, but even when we got there one day around 11:30am, there were still options in the back near the sister adjoining site Aruba Surf Club, so no issue there. Housekeeping was top notch!

The resort has been around a bit, but we thought the rooms were very clean and well kept. No flat screen TVs yet, but that was minor, we watched little TV with so much to do.

So if you want calm, few people on the beach and lots of beach and sand to look at, for a reasonable price, and have kids you rent one of the Presidential 2BR units. Just make sure you are ok with a bit of wave action. We had a great time and would love to come back.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms over the pool on the top floor (5th). Great views including sunset.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dimitri7777

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had a wonderful first visit to Aruba. I have already made plans to return next year. I found the staff friendly and helpful. I was visiting with a friend who seemed to have a personal relationship with most of the staff. The pools were beautiful and well-maintained. The bar had happy hour three times per day. There were always activities during the day. The beach was gorgeous. I had no complaints during my stay at all. I plan to return as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

we loved our stay. oour room was as advertised. daily maid service was exceptional!! we did use the laundry room. two bucks a load for washer and dryer. (our timeshare has free laundry in each room). like the other reviews state karoke night is very loud. our room was 1222 second floor two bedroom overlooking beach and pool/bar.
We used Matthews twice breakfast specials include $3 omelet and 7.95 complete meal deals.
We went for dinner it was exceptional. Beware flys fly at the beach at sunset so you might want to eat earlier or later. entire staff was friendly and would go out of their way for you.
the beach was lovely...owners told us that there is new sand there because it all washed away before. waves were very big...not a gentle beach. we alked to the divi and up to costa linda where it was a bit calmer.
we would stay there again!

Room Tip: i would have preferred to be a little further away from the bar on karoke night it was very loud...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our famiy of 5 stayed at Casa Del Mar in one of their presidential suites the week of July 14-21, 2012. I have to say when we first arrived I wasn't impressed. The hotel is definitely a little dated.. After a couple of days I really enjoyed being here. The hotel was very open, with a great breeze everytime you stepped off the elevator. The staff was friendly and housekeeping did a great job keeping the room spotless. The pool and beach were very close so when you were tired of the noise at the pool, you could take just a few steps and find yourself on the beautiful, white sandy beach. Yes, the beach was spectacular here, the kids really enjoyed the waves. We had other family staying at the Marriott Surf Club in the high rise section and we found it to be very crowded and too chaotic. Also, Matthews restaurant at Case Del Mar was awesome! The food was excellent and the 3 happy hours weren't bad either. I highly recommend the BLAT sandwich, excellent!! Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others and would definitely stay at Case Del Mar again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank jmrandrjr
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Resort, beach, and people all exceeded our expectations! I don't understand the negative reviews (unless they came pre-renovation).

If you've never left the USA that might also explain negative reviews.

We find this resort to be great for a family. I LOVE that we aren't in the crowds of the high rise hotels. The beach is very quiet as is the pool area. Never had trouble finding a palapa at either. Traveled with our 3 kids of 7, 11, & 13. This isn't a luxury 5 star property, but nor is it "tired and run down." It is very clean, nice, well kept, and clearly recently remodeled.

Room AC is very cool. We made no special requests but were placed in a 1st floor beachfront room (rooms 1122-1125). Literally out our back door a few steps is the sand. Beach is huge! No issue with rocks, etc. We visited late July, early Aug.

Restaurant food is fine. Pizza Bob's nearby is excellent. We like that from this location we can get anyplace we need for a $10 or less cab ride.

Plenty of great excursions to do with an activities desk in the lobby. We took the Octopus Trimaran Sail and Snorkel which I'd recommend. Also did an all day open air Beach and Cave tour. This was also a hit. Open air bus was fine.

Weather here is evidently always warm with a breeze and hardly any rain. Once you leave the beach the island quickly appears desert.

A very pleasant bonus was that right from our beach there is good snorkeling. Just outside the buoys are submerged pilings covered in coral that attract great fish! Bring your mask and snorkel! We saw flounder, live conch, lobster, French angelfish, and lots of other tropicals.

No reason I can find not to highly recommend Casa del Mar!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank SmithMama
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and I just returned from 12 days at the Casa Del Mar Aruba. We are owners of week 29 at the resort and banked last years week to use this year. Casa Del Mar offers condominium style accommodations with full housekeeping services everyday except Sunday. The resort is a bit on the older side, but well maintained. You will find smiles at every turn in the resort, and because it is one of the first properties on the island, you will find the atmosphere to be family oriented, with many guests long time visitors.

The location is picture perfect, with white, silk sand beach surrounding the resort. You will not find the spring break drunken debauchery of the high rise hotels down this way. You can, however bar crawl right up the beach and stop at about 5 bars before coming to a long undeveloped stretch of beach.

For those looking for American type of amenities and American type attitude, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want a laid back place to rest your bones and decompress from the hustle and bustle of the American working life, you will enjoy your time at the Casa.

Room Tip: You can't go worng. You are either looking at the ocean, or the pool and the ocean. First floo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JohhnyTram
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I spent 2 weeks in a presidential suite at CDM Sept to Oct 2011. As I was travelling with my 2 sisters and my 16 month old daughter, a large suite and a kitchen were important to me. I did a lot of research and finally decided that a timeshare was the way to go. I went on VRB, Aruba forums and Craigslist and found many timeshares being rented out by owners trying to recoup their yearly maintenance fees. There are also companies that manage and rent out timeshares for owners or some resorts that have timeshare rental sections on their websites.
The suite at CDM was 2 bdrms and 2 bathrooms. One had a full jacuzzi tub which was nice for my daughter's sake. There was a fully equipped kitchen with an island with stools, a dining area and living room. The place is quite large and the size of an apartment. The balcony was a nice addition too.
The place is very clean, people kind and basic. It's not 700 thread count sheets or anything fancy but was totally fine for our needs. I have no complaints. In fact, considering the amount of sand tracked into the rooms and the blender that exploded in our kitchen one night while we made strawberry daquiris (it looked like a bloodbath with red splatters all over the place and even on my poor baby) I am amazed and impressed at the cleaning service. We tipped ours decently and at first I tipped her everyday but then I told her I would tip her at the end of the stay if that was ok and I left her a very good tip for 2 weeks stay and the mess 3 of us women and my baby made and it was worth it. She washed our dishes everyday and got us whatever we needed an was full of useful information.
We had no trouble getting a lounger by the pool or palapa at the beach. The beach is directly at the resort (some resorts are across the street from the beach and it's a 4 lane street, almost a hwy so I wouldn't want that) and very nice. The property is connected to the Aruba Beach Club so you can use the amenities at both. We made friends with a couple staying there and visited back and forth often. We also used a babysitting service together as they had a son the same age as my daughter and it was great for them to play together and to split babysitting costs. We are still friends with the couple.
The pools are decent at the CDM and we spent a lot of time at the kiddy pool obviously since children aren't allowed in the adult pool. The ABC pools are nicer. One thing that bugged me was unsupervised children in the pools who were disgusting. One family of children were literally eating Doritos in the pool and then spilled them letting them float in the pool we were swimming in. Another 4 year old little girl literally stood and peed in the pool right in front of us. She stood, peed and then sat in the water. That was our sign to get out of there.
The resort is older, the clientele is older too. i didn't mind but if you are looking for young, hip beautiful bodies, they aren't here on the average. The restaurant is great, the food amazing and the happy hours fun.
We rented a car and bought whatever we needed at the grocery stores in town. The prices aren't much more than what we pay in Canada and in fact, I wish I had packed less and purchased stuff there. Some prices were cheaper! They have everything you can think of from diapers, to organic foods to UV sun clothing to snacks. There is no issue getting anything you need in Aruba. I even had a dental accident and saw a dentist trained in Holland with a brand new clean very professional practice. She was way cheaper than dental care in Canada and I had no issues getting antibiotics after at the pharmacy. In fact, I meant many Americans who get all their dental work done in Aruba to save money. Think $300 for a root canal instead of $1000 or $50 for a filling instead of $200! Wow! And you would never know you weren't in a North American dentist's office.
We went to Baby Beach, the Palm Beach area, downtown, the Renaissance, etc., The Renaissance has a mall inside and a Starbucks. We also went to an outlet mall. Ironically, it rained while we were in Aruba but mostly in the Palm Beach area. Where we were, there was sunshine. I was happy about that.
I did get lazy one day and not apply sunscreen because there's a nice breeze and it didn't seem to hot. BIG MISTAKE! I got burned and was very uncomfortable that night and next day. Always apply lots of sunscreen and reapply. Don't let the clouds or winds fool you.
It is very windy on Aruba so get hats with ties or sew string onto your hats so they don't blow off. This is a must.
If you like buying luxury goods once in a while, Gucci is about 40% cheaper than in Canada so it's worth checking out. I purchased a few items. The other luxury stores are not any cheaper but they do have every name brand you can think of or wish for.
We partied at Senor Frog's a few times and loved it. We did go to a night club a couple of times but just ended up leaving and going back to Senor Frogs. Way more fun, better music, great atmosphere and laid back. In Aruba though, the party never ends. There are parties after the bar and after hours places that go til morning. My sisters checked them out with friends and came home at 6am. I did the mommy thing and went home to my daughter early.
Always check around for best deals when you go to Aruba and don't be afraid to negotiate with an owner like I did. I got a great deal. Also, eating in a restaurant 2 or 3 times a day, even at an all inclusive, isn't great with little kids so having a full kitchen like at CDM, makes all the difference. You can buy everything, I can't repeat that enough, that you need or want in Aruba so don't worry or go nuts packing. I wish I had known that. I packed coolers with babyfood, diapers, formula, snacks, wipes, etc, and regretted it and the extra weight of luggage. Only thing more expensive that you should bring from home is sunblock. Other than that, hit Ling and Sons or one of the other stores.
Aruba truly is a happy island and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family