“3 weeks in ARUBA can't get any better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Del Mar Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Casa Del Mar Beach Resort
Wayne, New Jersey
“3 weeks in ARUBA can't get any better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

cannot thank Maureen enough for every thing that she did for me and my family
she went way out of her way for my son ,she has earned my respect,Mr. Curtis
has my respect to and his understanding was appreciated. I can not say enough
about these two people you both have my respect and thank you from my heart

Room Tip: all rooms are great the back rooms are quieter
      Cleanliness
1 Thank augie1049
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear augie1049,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. Maureen has a heart of gold and cares about all of our Members and guests. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to your next visit.

Bob Curtis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just returned from a week long stay at Casa Del Mar with one of my good friends. We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom suite overlooking the pool and ocean. The property was very clean and the staff was very accommodating. We never had to compete to get a lounge chair/umbrella, which typically happens at the high rise properties.

The only negative was the mattress in the master bedroom - it was pretty lumpy. However, if you are looking for a place to really relax, Casa Del mar is the place to be! I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 1503 is dead center ocean view. The best!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Hilts2014
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Hilts 2014,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad that you had a relaxing vacation. It is hard to be stressed when staying at Casa del Mar; the employees are very friendly, the beach is not crowded and you can hear the waves on the beach from your room, what could be more relaxing.

I look forward to your return visit.

Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just back from our two weeks at CDM in two different two-bedroom Presidential units. We are very pleased with the improvements to the units and very happy with the quick response by the Head of Housekeeping to address a few small issues we had. The surf was strong while we were there and the southern part of the beach was hammered. If you moved to the beach towards ABC, it widened a lot. As stated by others, the pool was clean until late in the day when there was a small sheen from suntan lotion.
The new manager and his team seem to really be on the ball and concerned with providing a quality vacation. There are still times when you might find a dispassionate clerk at the front desk, but never anything bad enough to disrupt your enjoyment.
Already looking ahead to next year's trip!

Room Tip: We love Presidential Suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dogwriter
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear dogwriter,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I'm glad you noticed and enjoyed the improvements made and enjoyed your two weeks with us. The managers and employees work very hard and take great pride in the Resort, many having worked here for over twenty years.

Thanks again for the great review, I look forward to your next visit.

Spring City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is our sixth year to trade in to Casa Del Mar! We are in our early sixties and have made wonderful friends over the years!!! Everyone goes out of their way to insure that our stay is fabulous! The property is maintained beautifully and we always enjoy the gorgeous white sandy beach just steps from the resort! The on site restaurant, Matthews, is great and has a great party night on Wednesdays! The all you can eat rib night on Tuesdays is also a favorite of ours! The sunsets are gorgeous and the crystal blue green water is spectacular! A BIG shoutout to Bea Geerman-Schwengle, the Concierge, who has taken such good care of us over the years! She has that friendly smile and greeting that always welcomes each year! We can always count on Bea to get us the perfect dinner reservations at the best places!! Just love Bea!!!!!! Truly one of the resorts best assets! We also enjoy the Bingo games and water arobics !! Wish they offered an outdoor movie night at the resort! We would love this! Great mall and casino just across the street and one of the best pizza places, Pizza Bobs, all in walking distance!! One bedrooms are across the street property and two bedroom units are on the beach! We have stayed in both! Free wifi in lobby now! We look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jenny Lou H
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Jenny Lou H,

Thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your stay at Casa del Mar and for singling out Bea, she is the best and has a heart of gold. I am glad that you enjoy Matthews and the activities at the Resort. A movie night is a very good idea, thanks for recommending it.

Once again, thanks for the great review. I hope to meet you in the future.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My Grand Parents bought a timeshare unit here when it was under construction in the late 80's and the family has been using in different capacity ever since. We recently stayed in our Presidential Unit and were pleasantly surprised by the updated kitchen, furniture and flat screen TVs in the living room and two bedrooms. The staff does a great job of keeping the property looking clean and fresh and as usual the staff is friendly and courteous. The location of the property is perfect for our liking, as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the high rise area, but still offers allot of places to eat and drink in the immediate area.

The only complaint I have is that the pool water gets cloudy by the afternoon. I understand the heavy bathing load is going to make it hard to maintain good water clarity, but there has to be a way to increase pump and filter power to help that situation.

For anyone looking at a place to stay in Aruba, the value you get by renting a unit at the Casa Del Mar is hard to beat. You can pay 1500 to 2000 for a week and get a standard hotel room on a crowded beach, or you can rent a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment for less money and have no problem getting a hut on the beach at 11 AM.

Room Tip: Their website has a room map. Only a few units do not have some kind of ocean view.
1 Thank JohhnyTram
Dear JohhnyTram,

Thanks for writing such a wonderful review of your stay at Casa del Mar. Coming from the hotel industry I agree with you that there is no comparison between a hotel room and a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen right on the ocean. Our suites are literally steps form the beach and as you said, there is no problem getting a beach hut any time of the day, in most cases. Add to that the friendly staff and great dining and shopping options and it is a perfect spot for a relaxing vacation.

We hope you continue to take advantage of your grandparents unit or, better yet, buy one of your own. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Olney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Casa Del Mar is a home away from home. They make an effort to ensure the property is maintained well. The grounds are ALWAYS clean and there is always someone walking around to ensure litter is picked up. Aruba is very windy so it is a challenge.

Stayed July 2014
Bob_Curtis, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Dotty07Olney,

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review of your stay with us. I am glad that you recognize the efforts of the many employees that make sure that this is a "Home Away From Home" for so many people.

I hope to see you at Casa del Mar again soon,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at Casa this past week. I was very excited about this trip and had stayed at Aruba Beach Club three years before so I was expecting a great time; sadly this was not the case. We were in the Ambassador wing across the street. We had called about getting a cot because the sofa bed in our room did not open properly and after sleeping on it one night we were in a lot of pain. When you laid on it the bar was practically coming through the terribly worn mattress and was told that because of security reasons they could not bring a cot to that side of the resort but they would send over some sort of foam piece to put under the mattress to alleviate some of the problem. Eight hours later I had not heard from anyone so I called back and was told "Oh she couldn't find any". They did not even have the consideration to call back and let us know. I asked again for a cot and was told no and was transferred to someone else that informed me maintenance would come by to fix the bed. Again no one ever came by or had the decency to call me back. I was also disappointed that housekeeping came very late everyday (around 3pm) which was about the time we would come back to the room to shower after being at the beach all day. Being separated from the resort also made getting and returning towels and inconvenience especially when several times that we went to the towel station they were on a "bathroom break" for more then 20 minutes.
Despite the rude and unresponsive staff the resort is otherwise ok. We were pleased with the restaurant, though our order was missing something every time. The staff was very friendly. The beach is perfect. The location is great especially when traveling with a small child because it is not crowded like down by the high rise motels and you feel safe. There is a casino and shops next door. The woman at the activities desk was very helpful and made booking excursions a painless experience.
After this experience I would definitely chose Aruba Beach Club over Casa Del Mar.

Room Tip: If you stay here DO NOT stay in the Ambassador wing across the street. The experience may be very d...
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MichS227
Dear MichS227,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am dismayed and surprised that you had so many customer service related issues during your stay. I have addressed some of the items already (no cots in the Ambassador suite rooms), which seems to have been a rule from many years ago and had never been reviewed. For our Ambassador wing guests we place beach towels in the unit upon arrival and exchange towels by the Ambassador wing pool daily from 5 PM - 6 PM, in order to accommodate our guests there.

I am glad that you otherwise enjoyed the relaxed nature of the Resort and found the remainder of your vacation to be enjoyable.

We hope you decide to give Casa del Mar another opportunity when you next travel to Aruba. Send me an e-mail prior to your visit and I will be sure to oversee your reservation personally.