My husband and I have stayed at both the Marriott Ocean Club and Surf Club. We found the Ocean Club to be MUCH more enjoyable and our style than the Surf Club. The Surf Club is mainly families and kids (loud and obnoxious, in my opinion) and the Ocean Club was primarily other couples or group of adults (few children).
Our room was beautiful - exactly what I have come to expect from Marriott and the service was outstanding. Over the two weeks my husband and I stayed at the Ocean Club, many of the staff got to know us and we were frequently greeted by name and always with a smile.
My favorite thing about the Ocean Club is that they DO NOT allow guests from the Surf Club in their pool or on their beach (or vice a versa). To me this is essential as my husband and I were looking for a quiet and romantic vacation, not one filled with other people's screaming children. The Ocean Club pool was usually calm and quiet, if not filled with enormous iguanas. There is a swim-up bar that serves delicious (and over-priced) drinks. (You must try the Aruba Ariba, it is fabulous). The beach is nice also - there are palapas available to reserve and also some in the back available without a reservation (first come, first served on those).
Overall we loved the Ocean Club and already have a reservation to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among beautiful Palm Beach is the immaculate Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. With a variety of on-site activities, filling your day with fun is no obstacle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach