This May was our 15th trip to Aruba and 4th stay at the Ocean Club. This is a time share property and does not offer some of the amenities like the hotels do. There is also NO casino on this property so the comments by LoveVegasBaby is not accurate. The Ocean Club is located between the Marriott Stellaris/Hotel and the Surf Club(another Marriott timeshare).
There is one restaurant, Champions, located inside open lunch and dinner, and a small shop to get coffee/baked goods and ice cream. LaVista, at the Hotel offers a daily breakfast buffet with a "brunch" on Sunday. They are also open for lunch and dinner , with different Italian buffets each night. At the OC, Waves, the pool bar area serves lunch. Prices around $8-15 for apettizers, sandwiches, and salads. Beware of eating around the pool area, there are iguanas around and they will want your food. (Actually saw one climb up a childs back to get his pizza.) Each day there is a happy hour (2 hrs)with live music most days. The drink specials where 2 for $11, otherwise $13 and there are 5-6 to choose from daily. There is a lobby bar in the Marriott Hotel. Close by there are many restaurants to choose from in all price points and cuisines.
Nice free form pool with a swim up bar , waterfalls, and hot tub. Also a baby pool for infants.Guests are also allowed to use Hotel pool, but not the SC pool/lazy river. Had no problem getting chairs in May and there are several umbrellas for shade. The palapas on the beach are great if you plan on spending all day at the beach. Half are available at no charge for that day at the towel hut at 7am, and the other half are rented in advance $15 for 1st row, $10 for 2-3 row. Rows4-6 no charge and readily available. Be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen because it will cost $16-$30 at the shops in the Marriott Hotel/OC/SC. Each property has a shop with food and bevereges, souveniers, and assorted items and carry different things.
The property has a Maggy's for perfume/makeup, Gemani, small jewlery shop, and some clothing/gift store.
The Mandera Spa is located at the OC and is a nice way to relax.
The fitness center is located between the Hotel and the OC and is open 24/7.
The property is getting older and due to have renovations starting in July '09. This will definitely improve the quality of the rooms as the furnishings are getting alittle worn. The rooms are a nice size and the kitchens come complete. Love the beds-very comfy. All rooms have a balcony with table and chairs.
Aruba is a great place to relax and recharge. Lots of watersports available especially sail /snorkel trips and windsurfing/kiteboarding. Don't plan on having a "good hair day" because it is quite windy. This is actually a good thing. Don't expect a lush, tropical paradise because Aruba is very arid with cactus and aloe abundant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among beautiful Palm Beach is the immaculate Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. With a variety of on-site activities, filling your day with fun is no obstacle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach