“Perfect location”

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Beautiful rooms and layout of the one bedroom suite is awesome. Bedroom with bathroom, open kitchenette and living room and balcony. Second full bathroom at entry. Washer / dryer available which we never used. Rooms were well maintained and immaculate. Did have one issue in the bathroom. Although it looks great, the workmanship leaves a bit to be desired. The shower wasn't exactly waterproof. There were great gaps between the shower door and the tile wall and poor silicone work to seal properly. If you weren't careful the floor became a swimming pool !

I loved the location at the end of the high-rise hotels where all the action is. It's just a short walk away to casinos, restaurants, and night life but a perfectly quiet location too. The best of both worlds ! We had car but never used at night but walked along the boardwalk on the beach. A very comfortable walk.

Divi Aruba Phoenix has a water shuttle that runs during the day to take you the high-rise area or just to take a ride on the water which was a nice bonus.

Restaurants at the hotel were very good with great seating on the beach.

Kitchenette was great to have for breakfast and light lunch. There is a great supermarket just a short distance from the hotel to pick up items. The deli at the hotel had a beautiful fruit salad which was a great convenience too.

Will definitely return to this beautiful island and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room in the new towers - 5th floor or above. There building which houses the bar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janice B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,874)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the Divi Phoenix for the first time for our 40th anniversary. We were amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone was. We were greeted with smiles by everyone on the property from the time we arrived until the time we left. We had a one-bedroom, 2 bath suite that exceeded our expectations. Our bed was so comfy and the bathrooms were wonderful. The property was immaculate. They were constantly cleaning both inside and out. There are 2 restaurants on the property and a deli. The food was always great and the atmosphere was perfect. We had a fantastic view from our room. We want to thank the entire staff and wish we could have brought Pedro Vargas, the Room Division Manager, home with us. Everyone made us feel very welcome. This will now be our new vacation destination.

Room Tip: We were in the 900 section of the building on the 3rd floor. We had a fantastic view of the ocean an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YPrice
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here 5/31 - 6/7. Me, my husband, daughter (19) and her best friend joined us. We used my friends timeshare which she has in the old Tower. We arrived early Saturday afternoon and since no rooms were available in the Tower they put us in a 1 bedroom villa. We upgraded to a 2 bedroom as it would be more comfortable for my daughter and her friend to have their own room and full bathroom. The shower was a little tricky in getting the right temp but water is extremely hot or luke warm. After a day in the sun, you don't want very hot water!! The room was on the top floor (Room #416) and the view was amazing. Each bedroom and living room had a sliding glass door leading out to a deck which had 2 tables, 8 sitting chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The view was of the beach and it was spectacular. The rooms can use an update which I believe are getting done this year, other than that it was fine.

I've read many good and bad reviews. The room was clean and had a full kitchen. Fresh towels every day and linens changed mid-week. We did not cook in the room as my theory is I'm on vacation I am not cooking!!

The weather.....is AMAZING!! You are guaranteed sun every day! Be aware that the sun is extremely hot and with the tradewinds you tend not to feel the heat. Use plenty of sunscreen and you won't get burned. Did not have any issues getting a palapa each day. We always got one closest to the water and even if you get one away from the water, you're still only feet away. The water is calm and shallow, great for little kids. We ate lunch at Pure Ocean and Pure Beach which was very good, as was the restaurants in town. Expensive but very good. The shopping is within walking distance and this hotel is the last on the strip. It is very quiet and not crowded (at least when we were there) which is what I like. Drinks are expensive at the pool bar so have plenty of cash or wait until after 3 p.m. when it's half price.

We rented a Jeep and took a tour of the island and did some off roading! Some wonderful sights to see. The Island is very dry (due to lack of rain) so it is mostly desert looking but you go for the weather!

The hotel staff are wonderful and everyone speaks English so there is no language barrier. Supermarket is a cab ride away to get food and again expensive. Hotel has free Wifi which is a big plus.

All in all it was a vacation where we did not want it to end.....we were all very depressed on day of departure. We had a 5 p.m. flight which left us some time to stay at the resort, soak in some more sun and get a bite to eat. I would definitely go back to Aruba and maybe next time stay at an all inclusive resort. Don't listen to the negative reviews and I'm glad I didn't. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I went with 2 girlfriends and we stayed in a 1 bedroom, 2 bath unit and we all were blown away! We stayed in a new building. The main shower was huge! Both had a rainfall style shower head and they were very high! I'm 5'10" and enjoyed every moment of those showers.

The main bedroom had a large jacuzzi style tub.

The beach was right there!!!

Note: the washer/dryer is a combo unit. I didn't realize it until checkout. I thought it was only a washing machine. Also, the main shower door wasn't set properly so there was a lot of water on the floor.

Room Tip: I was in Bldg 8; a new building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sheferg
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from yet another wonderful week at the Divi Phoenix in Aruba. There is not enough time or space to list all the wonderful amenities of this truly magnificent resort. We come every January for 2 weeks and decided we needed a mid year fix of our second home. Besides the wonderful rooms (apartments) and the beautiful beach and grounds it is the people who make this a truly special place. Pedro Vargas and his staff can not do enough for you and always have a smile on their face. The Julio's on the beach are always there for you to make you comfortable and of course when refreshment is in order, you couldn't ask for anyone better than my friend Jude at Pure Beach. The in house sales/owner relations staff of Hubert and Rosie and John can't be beat and I want to Thank Everyone for another special memory.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tmac55
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I have been coming here for years - I have such great memories! The location is spectacular, friendly staff, large pools, and good food. The beach is beautiful! Check in was easy and our room was ready when we arrived at 2:00. What I love best is watching the sunset from our balcony, I've never seen anything like it. We always have a great time and plan to come back again soon!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the tower part of this resort.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Theresa Tish A
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We hadn't been back in about 10 yrs (had kids) - now that they're all graduated, we couldn't wait to head back. Curious how much had been built up & if the people & food were the same. Our vacation couldn't have been more perfect. Our room was a 1 bedroom w/2 full baths & a kitchen - very clean & well appointed. Our view was perfect - pool & ocean. We did not eat at Pure Ocean - but hung out at Pure Beach almost every night. They had some wonderful live bands - fun dancing music. The staff enjoyed helping us & we're very accommodating. We never had a problem getting a palapa on the beach in the AM. We met some new friends who we've been keeping in touch with & plan to visit. We're all also trying to get back to the same resort again in March. We loved every minute!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kgoody87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!