“Great Views From The Tower”

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Sidney, Ohio
“Great Views From The Tower”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed on the 11th floor of the tower - awesome views. The beach was great.. We were very happy with our stay. Our first night was in the older section of the resort, we didn't like the area as we felt so disconnected from the rest of the resort. Max at the front desk was very helpful and was able to change our rooms for the rest of our stay (tower 11th floor). We walked with ease to the shopping area near the other resorts ... There were also several places to eat from McDonalds to the more expensive in the area of the other resorts.... Just a small walk away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Finnish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just returned from our annual 2 weeks of Heaven! The Aruba Phoenix has the most beach space per number of guests in all of Aruba. It is full of palapa huts for others like myself who need shade.They are spaced nicely so you are never on top of your beach neighbors! The aqua, crystal clear water is calm, bordered on both sides with rock walkways, and roped off at the far end. I snorkeled daily as well as floated on my raft without concern that I might close my eyes and end up in Venezula!
The resort has all types of villas or modern condo units. We prefer a villa steps off the sand in a low rise setting. There are also tower units with balconies and amazing views. The staff is always friendly as are just about everyone you might meet anywhere in Aruba. I'd like to give a special shout out to Mr. Gerrit Griffith, the general manager of the resort. He greets you by name and always offers a personal "welcome home"!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skilgore60993
Hillsdale, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to Aruba. The Divi Phoenix Well I have to say it's a very nice hotel. Only one night we had a problem thay decided to have a private Dinner party right out side villias but after 11 pm I called the front desk and it was delt with quickly!! Otherwise I was very happy @ the Divi we stood in the villias. Wich was nice the towers are very nice but the villias were fine. The beach was very clean everyone in Aruba seems happy. The prices are not terrible compared to other islands I have been to for drinks & Food. I must say thay need to update thear couch very uncomvertble to Sleep on. That would be my only complaint. The beach is great. But if you want to get a nice hut with chairs to sit @ u better get down to the towel area bye 6:15-6:20-- am yes this part does suk!!!! But once you do it the first day it's worth it. But it's kinda Silly. But we loved beach the property , every night we walked down the beach to a little bar wich was nice. Then into the village. It's a much nicer walk to the village then going bye the road. I have to say I will def be back again I just hope thay have new couches!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We did not do all inclusive while at Aruba and we were really glad we didn't. We don't drink alcoholic beverages that much and we are travelling with our two teenage daughters, so we wanted to experience different restaurants around the island. The food at the resort restaurants was wonderful, especially the pool bar and restaurant! The service was awesome and the staff super friendly!!

You do have to do the early rise and go down to the beach to put your towel and hat and lotion on chairs to be able to have save a spot. Thank goodness my husband is an early riser. We had one room for 3 days in the old tower which had a nice view, but the room was very outdated. When we moved to the new tower, the suite (2 BDR) was so awesome! We had a few maintenance issues, light bulbs out, but they came same day and fixed everything.

Really loved the beach which was great for swimming and they have an activities hut right on the beach where you can make reservations for almost any watersport you can imagine.

My girls went tubing, para-sailing and rented sea dos. As a family we also we on a catamaran trip which offered snorkeling and SNUBA!! Best experience ever!! If you can afford to do the snuba part you have to do it!! One of my daughters and I were very, very nervous, but the guide was so patient and helpful!! Our family truly had the best experience ever on any vacation!! We saw a small octopus, a literal field of dinner plate size starfish, and so many beautiful fish!! I really cannot encourage you to do the snuba enough!!

We also did the submarine trip which my husband loved!! We loved out time on the island of Aruba and the Divi Phoenix is in the prime location to enjoy it all!

Room Tip: Ask for the newer section, not the tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SouthernJewelryGirl
Norton
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I visited a few of the hotels In the area and if you love the beach and having personal space then this is the place for you. All other hotels everyone is on top of each other because the beach area is so small and shared with other hotels.

Food and drinks are expensive, but it's like that everywhere in Aruba, best thing to do is cook breakfast and small lunch and snacks but then dine out at night so your not spending a ton of money for all meals and snacks.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank MHayes1979
Harrison City, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We just got back from Aruba and had an amazing time. There were a few minor issues but nothing note worthy. Just get up early if you want to get a Palapa. Sign up is at 6:30 am. We were suppose to have 2 king bedrooms but did not get that. Our older daughter had to sleep on the pull out sofa. Lumpy to say the least. Luckily she did not mind, due to her dorm life! The grounds and beach are beautiful. It is a 5 to 10 minute walk to all the night life, shopping, etc. great location. We miss it already!

Room Tip: Select the new tower rooms. The older section seemed outdated. Our room was newer. Ask for towels...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I would rank this resort as being one the best in terms of location, beach access and the condo units. I was very pleased while staying here for the July 4th holiday. It never seemed crowded as the others along the high rise strip seemed. There was also a beach hut available . The beach had an nice intimate boutique feel. When I walked down towards the other hotels I was so glad that I chose to stay at this place. Yes the Hyatt and Marriott were very nice in terms of their property grounds but their beach area was not nearly nice nice as what I found here. All of the units are oceanfront but do not be fooled that if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor you will not have much of a ocean view at all but instead a direct view of the restaurant that sits in the middle of the resort. I would definitely stay here again because I prefer staying in a fully furnished condo unit as opposed to a hotel room. The breakfast buffett was good but gets old after a few days. The buffett for two people was quitte expensive and cost $37USD if it's not included in your rate plan. There are other options for bagels and such at the cafe or just preparing your own breakfast in your condo unit. As others have said this resort is within walking distance to the nightlife areas. I do like how the front desk people were accommodating with room changes. I would definitely stay here again as long as I am on one of the upper floors with a full view of the ocean other wise I would probably go somewhere else. Buy your liquor when you arrive at the airport and beer at the grocery store and bring it with you to this resort other wise you will be paying overpriced amounts for drinks. The food and drink costs definitely are too high and should be priced lower.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the fifth floor or higher if you require a full ocean view if not you will be dire...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple