“Great value and location”

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you like to walk out of your room onto a beach this is not the place. The beach is directly across the road from the hotel within a short walking distance (I have walked longer distances to reach the beach in large beachfront resorts). Actually the main advantage of this hotel is its perfect location, it is easy to navigate around, you can walk to variety of restaurants and stores, and this is the perfect place for nightlife action. Do not expect a quiet night, certain rooms are close to the noisy sand bar, fortunately I got a quiet room, a little of noise at night but nothing that keeps you awake all night long. The room was cozy and clean, comfy bed, clean linens. Overall, the rooms are well maintained. Free wifi and a descent breakfast are included. Great value for the location, cleanliness and sleep quality, other resorts around are by far more expensive. This hotel provides easy access to its beach club with complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. Recommended for tourists on budget, a great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room far from sand club
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rwarrior747

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here few nigths in november. The www does not give a real picture of the place. As earlier reviews say, no fresh fruits, no water (though the water in aruba is great and no bottles needed).
Location was good and the staff of the hotel was friendly, helpfull and nice. The hotel itself is not luxury nor boutique. The area is full of luxury hotels but this hotel is not one of them. Looks great on the outside but the rooms are dated, the AC is a joke and the breakfest is nothing special. Except for the fresh orangejuice!!
The fitness room has only broken machines (and reading these reviews they've been broken for nearly a year)
It's an ok hotel in a great location with the best staff!
But don't expect luxury like us or you'll be disapointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PMJ80
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

my husband and I came here for our 15 year anniversary. The girl at the check in was very nice and at first the room we were given looked nice. as I looked around and noticed the floors & sheets were dirty in the room. I called the front desk and spoke with one manager who at first wasn't going to do anything. so I took it upon myself to do some cleaning and told the manager everything that I had to do so I could get a decent night sleep. I even had to show pictures to her to prove I wasn't lying. (see pics). I was so upset that I started crying and telling her that they're ruining our anniversary. so she called her manager and he apologized and they upgraded us to a better room & he was kind enough to reimburse us some money because of what we had to go through. The area that we could use on the beach was so small & crowded. Sandra, who is in charge of the Brickell Bay beach area was nice but bossy. The hotel needs a renovation & the employees need to be trained on professionalism. Aruba is a beautiful place I would like to visit again. we were able to take the bus which is easy so we could escape Brickell Bay. Next time we will take the hit & stay at Bucati (beautiful property).

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
brickellbayaruba, Public Relations Manager at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
To Tripadvisor Member (No Registration Name)

It is clear that those pictures are surely not of our hotel as our duvet covers has no diamond but a smooth white duvet with beige strips lining, our hotel has since last year December 2012 as per your posting been completely renovated and we invite guest to view pictures posted by members that has stayed at our hotel within the past year.

Regards

Brickell Bay Beach Club Management
Curacao
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

What a disappointment this so called boutique hotel was. Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa is more like a motel, and one that's in dire need of a total renovation. The pictures on the website are a far cry from reality. Don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Skippy707
Boston, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Fairly clean but service was awful and NOTHING is included as promised and advertised!
A/C and above-bed fan in room, along with dehumidifier (which we emptied ourselves!) First night, the room was freezing so we just turned it down a bit. No big deal we thought. The next morning, when I got out of bed I slipped in a puddle of water and almost fell into the nightstand! the whole room was wet! Went to grab the "Gift" slippers - there were none! We didn't have enough towels, so we called to request some. They were brought up just as we decided not to wait any longer- when we came back a couple hours later to change, they had come in to 'clean' and took the towels! Not just the extra ones, but ALL of them. I even had one of the towels folded and packed in a pile of folded clothes on the chair- so they definitely went through my things! Once again called to request towels. We got ONE washcloth (there were 2 of us)
The used glasses weren't replaced, but just returned to the tray on the table. We couldn't even get another bottle of water. Again, there were 2 of us and we only got one small bottle... upon arrival. Website says complimentary water but we were told it is only for first day. Ok, so no big deal, but Advertised is as follows (all false)

Welcome to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa Boutique Hotel...

BREAKFAST IS COMPLIMENTARY (( SAW NOT ONE PIECE OF FRUIT. 'Complimentary Continental breakfast (TINY basket of 1 croissant, cold toast, 1 muffin & maybe 1 other item... weird) was about $10- not free. BIRDS WERE FLYING AROUND DROPPING ONTO TABLES - A PIGEON LANDED ON MY SHOULDER WHILE I SIPPED COFFEE! STAFF TOOK SO LONG TO CLEAR TABLES THAT THE BIRDS WERE EATING FOOD LEFT ON TABLES. UGH))

Start each day with a Continental Breakfast that is a complimentary add-on value as no charge. With an American breakfast upgrade option for as little as $10 per day, we ensure that you always are provided with only the best value, and with free breakfast in bed room service, you are always well cared for. Everything on the menu is super sized with 3 eggs omlettes, freshly cut fruit platters, only the best choice of ham, links sausages and freshly sqeezed orange juice. You need to expereince it for your self, ask about your meal plan option available.

RENOVATED ROOMS & AMANITIES

Our hotel offer 98 luxurious...hair-dryers ((WE LOST ELECTRICITY THREE TIMES! TWICE WHEN JUST TURNING ON THE DRYER. I GOT THE HINT... DON'T USE IT, BUT ONCE WE SAT IN COMPLETE DARKNESS FOR 45 MINUTES!))... ajustable air-conditioning, with complementary bottles water ((NOT BOTTLES JUST 1 BOTTLE-FOR WHOLE STAY)), free turn-down servie nightly, and fresh fruits daily. NEVER HAD ONE PIECE OF FRUIT. EVER. TURN DOWN SERVICE?- WE GOT 3 PREVIOUSLY MELTED, THEN HARDENED HERSHEY KISSES. USED, OLD CANDY?!!? DISGUSTING. ))

FREE CALLS TO USA & CANADA:
Guest enjoy calling to USA and Canada anytime during their stay with No per call charges. Service starts in August 15' 2013 (( NOT TRUE- WE WENT TO FRONT DESK AND WERE TOLD WE WOULD NEED TO WAIT FOR THEM TO "TURN THE LINE ON" AND THAT THEY NEEDED OUR CREDIT CARD TO CHARGE US BEFORE CALLING HOME" ))

LONG AND SHORT OF THIS WHOLE REVIEW - PRICE WAS RIGHT, PEOPLE WERE MOSTLY FRIENDLY BUT I WILL NOT GO BACK OR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. OH YEAH, WE WERE THERE DURING THE HALLOWEEN PARTY. WE'D BEEN OUT DURING THE DAY, COMING HOME, WE THOUGHT We'd have a drink at the bar. They wanted to charge us $15 to get in-even if not attending the party!!

Room Tip: DON'T CHOOSE TO STAY HERE, but if you do, be sure to ask for opposite side from bar to stay away...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank disappointed t
Village of Tiki Island, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you want to save a little money, this hotel is located across one street from the beach. You can't get any closer without being on the beach directly. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. Everyone was so polite and helpful. And Marc was the best! We will be back just to see him! :-)

Room Tip: There is a stage right behind the pool so if you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pool and s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheektowaga, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Omg, I was so very disappointed from the moment I walked into the so called lobby of the hotel, everything that I saw online was not what I saw when walking into the hotel. The room had markings on the floor as if someone had bled on the floor and they couldn't get the stains removed, so the floor was gross, we couldn't get washcloths in our room...EVER, there were 2 of us staying in the room and they would only bring one washcloth, then when they did bring something it was hand towels or floor towel, lol. Im a pretty messy guest but I will pick up after myself so the cleaning crew can wipe up any spills, shedding hair, etc and the night table wouldn't be wiped off the bathroom wouldn't be carefully cleaned, it was a true disaster and I would never stay there again or recommend my worse enemy to stay there, already ppl asked where I stayed and I quickly told them not to stay at that hotel.....we couldn't even get another bottle of water.......WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the online pic's were a total lie

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel at all and your rooms will be great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Nina J
brickellbayaruba, General Manager at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Nina

I was disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us, specially as per your room cleanliness and I would have loved to meet with you and your partner in person to discuss and inspect the issue as per your review.

Training is a high priority for us as a boutique hotel, and I am proud to say that guests always compliment our housekeeping department personnel on the cleanliness of our rooms. All our rooms are with white tiles, and for good reason as we like to show case the cleanliness of the floors.

Our standards are two-bath towels, two-hand towels and two-face cloths and are always happy to add towels on request. I am saddened to read that you did not have enough face cloths in your room during your stay, we always encourage our guest to let us know, and we always are happy to assist and add more if needed. I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we always welcomes guests feedback.

We get a lot of compliments as per our renovated lobby area with the wall to wall marble stone, fresh flowers every where, and real candles every night. After investigating your review I do want to apologize that you had to wait a bit long upon check-in as our front desk had many people check-in at the same time and that you felt that you were not attended right away, we strive to provide each guest with only the best check-in experience at our Front desk upon check-in and want to apologize that your check-in might have taken a bit longer as usual.

I did check on all online travel sites and on the site you have booked our hotel and want to ensure you that all our hotel pictures as per our lobby and front desk are of our actual hotel.

Regards

Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,862 reviews
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
#22 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Beach Villas
Aruba Beach Villas
#1 of 1 in Malmok Beach

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!