“NEVER AGAIN!!!”

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed from Aug 2-9, 2014. The room, 312, was damp all the time because the a/c was not working properly. I was noisy and never shut off. It did not control the moisture at all so a dehumidifier was put in the room for us to keep empty. The window had a bullet hole that went thru a little bit. The manager said the window was on order. The room never should have been used.
If you wanted to use the cabana's or what ever you call them on the beach they were not free like other hotels. You paid $45.00 until 5pm if you wanted one. No thanks. Went to other hotel where my friends were staying and stayed under theirs. The free breakfast was not worth getting. It was all breads and rolls,no fruit. They should have a continental breakfast.

The pool looked beautiful but did not use it. Went to the ocean everyday.

You had to leave a $100.00 deposit when you arrived. For what I do not know. It was returned when we left.
There never was enough towels and we had to call housekeeping often.

I have sent a letter to the General Manager about these issues. I wonder if he will replay back to me.

Sandra and Stan

Room Tip: Don't book there ever.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sandra M

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed Brickell Bay from March 2-19th! It was the best Aruba vacation we have ever had and we've been visiting Aruba for over 20yrs! We love Aruba, we have actually been a couple of times in the same year, we usually stay in RCI timesharing, but have stayed in some of their hotels (RUI, Wyndham, Westin, Holiday Inn, etc.), and this by far for customer service was the BEST! The staff knew you by name after the first day and went above and beyond to see if you needed anything, including spa services on the premises (incredible!), breakfast in the a.m. (the staff was awesome!), reservations & taxis, room amenities(refer, bathroom supplies), etc.! We cannot wait to get back this winter! The manager personally took the time to ask what we loved and what could be better, and informed us of the current/ongoing improvements/renovations to the property making it even more enjoyable! We've traveled to every island, Mexico, cruises, numerous times a year, and this was the most relaxing, service friendly vacation we've ever had! I have to include how centrally located and what a beautiful section of the beach they have! No need for rental vehicles, as we have used in the past at other locations! Thank you to the entire staff for making this such a memorable vacation! Can't wait to see you all again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Al S
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited this hotel with my family of 4, and the experience was horrible! We were only there for two days, and it was the longest two days of my life. The first room we were in before moving into a supposedly newer room had ants in the bathroom, light fixture were out, the toilet was broken, and the very last from this list is the most important. My son had an accident in the bed, and before switching rooms while we were eating breakfast they cleaned our room, and before we left out for good we wanted to check to see if they changed the sheets, and I promise you no kidding they had the same sheets on the made up bed that he had the accident in. How disgusting! We moved into another, and low and behold we moved the bed by accident and a dead ROACH was on the floor. Yuk! We asked for them to clean it up when we left to go to the beach, and after 7 hours of being out all day the ROACH was still there when we got back. My suggestion is to really take note of the reviews.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank T H
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Brickell bay and had a wonderful experience. Clean room and bathroom, great air conditioning, friendly staff, and I felt safe. This was a quick weekend getaway and I needed a hotel that had good amenities and was close to the beach and major resorts... and provided a great value. If I had been visiting for a week I would stay at one of the major resorts, but the Brickell Bay is perfect for a weekend getaway or when attending a destination wedding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alex M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

They seriously need to review safety with their staff because my first night there I fell asleep and I awoke to find a man in my room. I was shocked that he had just let himself in my room with his key. He said he was from housekeeping and was there to check the heat/hot water. I complained about this to management but unfortunately a few days later a maid walked in my room (she had already been there to clean the room, this was several hours later) while I had just come out of the shower. Again I complained to management. The rooms are old, poorly maintained. It's not a dump but I found for the price I was paying to stay there the Radisson (which is directly on the beach) had the same price. The Radisson is much nicer. May and June is low season for Aruba (December-April high season) so you can get a great rate. Also this hotel offers free breakfast at Tomato Charlies which consists of a mini banana muffin (dry), butter, coffee, a croissant or your choice of a fried tortilla like pancake which looked gross. The food at Tomato Charlies is horrible, go for the free food if you must but its best to go to the Petit Café a few blocks away where they have a breakfast starting at about $7.99. Also check out The Queens Restaurant for some really good carribean food. I should also note that Aruba has a lot of iguanas running around. While I was relaxing at the pool, an iguana came and sat by foot. The native Arubans eat iguana in a soup, they say it tastes like chicken. If I had not hotel employees intrude into my room I would have given this property a three star review. The hotel is a less than a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Try and stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank Fairydust777
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a very bad experience! Never again! I remember staring at the many other hotels in the area feeling so disappointed with my decision and wishing I was a guest elsewhere. I requested a king superior room for my stay and they gave me a double bed room that smelled like complete mold and mildew!! The room looked NOTHING like the hotel online photos!! I immediately went back to the front desk who originally told me I would have to wait a day or so for a king bed and told them I wanted my money back and will be going to another hotel!! They told me that was not an option with an attitude and told me to call my travel advisor for a refund bc they could not issue one... I told them I wanted management NOW! At that point, they all of a sudden had a King, superior room available that looked just like the hotel photos that did not smell like water or mold!! The girl who showed us the new room said to us, "Some rooms do smell like water and that's why we have the dehumidifiers. I have allergy/ sinus issues and these rooms get to me all the time." REALLY????? Such a disappointing start! The beach area is about a 10 min walk and the chairs are ran down and raggedy!! I guess you truly do get what you pay for! NEVER EVER again... In other news, the bus stop is right outside the hotel, in a very populated area filled with local shopping and great food options. And this area of the beach is nice. But if I come again, I would go for the Hyatt!!! Wonderful grounds, great location, and excellent rooms! They got most of money just between their juice bar and great food!! There beach area is awesome too. The lady on the beach for Brickell Bay will tell you if you want food, get from Hyatt.. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra money if you can, and STAY SOMEWHERE else...One last thing, continental breakfast was a joke! Bread and juice.... Lost for words!

Room Tip: Dont stay here not unless they give you the room from the actual picture online! The other rooms are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TravelB215
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Over Memorial Day weekend I traveled to Aruba for the 1st time. The hotel is older but in the heart of the hotel strip and everything to do there. For the little time you will actually spend at the hotel since most likely you will be enjoying the amazing weather, this hotel is worth the value. The hotel is in the middle of all the restaurants and entertainment in the hotel are which was perfect for us. We didn't even mind that the hotel was across the street from the beach since we spent so little time there. It also was very sound proof for how noisy the area outside can be.

The staff was also very friendly and able to assist us very easily with making dinner reservations and setting up our transportation to and from the airport.

We did have some issues with our room being cleaned twice a day as they advertised and had to call the front desk twice to swap out the towels.

If you want a hotel with a great pool and restaurant included this would not be the hotel for you though. The pool was small and had 1 too many iguanas for my liking but both times I went we were the only people there and the pool bartender was very friendly and helpful. The only restaurant on site, Tomato Charlie's, did serve breakfast but that wasn't up to our liking since we enjoy healthier breakfasts than a bowl of bread.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Caribbean Palm Village Resort

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!