Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$131
US$128
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$354
US$343
US$576
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$115
  • Pool
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$241
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$531
US$485
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$326
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$846
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,929 results
All reviewselements restaurantsand barour honeymoonred flagcarte blancheair purifiermary annhigh rise areahappy hourbathroom mirrorjuan carlosromantic dinnerglass of champagnethe penthouseconcierge teamevery morningsunset sail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Beautiful beach that wasn't jammed packed full of people made it easy to find chairs and a hut and relax all day. Pool has beds and plenty of lounge chairs for a late afternoon nap. Restaurant / beach bar had a good selection of food for lunch and dinner however we would often go off resort. Concierge will recommend great places. (Screaming Eagle is the best). My only negative points were that bathroom did not have a fan and that the curtains did not close all the way. However having the dehumidifier and air purifier helped make the rooms smell clean and fresh all the time.

I would recommend and return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank sunnytimes75
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Bucuti in May this year. I have been to several parts of the Carribean before, but this was something else. The beaches are amazing, and easy too find sun loungers. Loved seeing the iguanas just wandering around. The hotel itself is very clean and tidy, and the breakfast good. We had lunch several times which was very nice, and good value in Aruban terms.

Take a tip, use the buses to get to the high rise area, and to the supermarket. When you get to the supermarket stock up on stuff like beer and mixers. Everything on Aruba, even the palm trees apparantly, has to be imported, so this does make it quite expensive.

Having spent time in the high rise area, I am very glad we chose the low rise. Simply because I believe we would never of been able to get a space on the beach due to amount of rooms that are in the chain hotels.

We booked a snorkelling trip from the concierge, a lady who I can't remember her name, but she had the driest sense of humour, and very very funny. The trip was amazing, the food on the boat for luch was great and you get so much time to just get in the water and explore. And a huge bonus, they trust you enough (being an adult!) not to have to wear a life jacket!!! So you can actually move around naturally while snorkelling. I saw turtles and shoals of squid!!! If you only get to one thing in Aruba, GO SNORKELLING.

I would definitely recommend the Bucuti to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank steveboyz
Reviewed 22 October 2011

First off, I can’t say enough great stuff about this place. We were debating whether to stay here or at one of the high rise hotels and the location and staff of the Bucuti quickly made us realize we had made an excellent choice. After walking around some of the high rise hotels, really they all looked like dumps compared to the Bucuti (except for the Hyatt….that place was really nice, but too big and crowded on the beach for our taste). There were a few relatively minor things worth mentioning only for the owner and staff looking for ways to make things a little better:

- The dehumidifier was noisy, but it really made a difference in keeping the room comfortable. However the housekeeping staff failed to empty it three times when they made up the rooms, so I had to do it. Not the end of the world, but I was doing stuff that the staff was paid to do. We paid enough for the stay that it shouldn’t have happened more than once. Also that we were gone most of the day one day and they didn’t come to make up the room. They called at around 4:30 as we were getting ready to head out again and asked if we wanted the room made up and we said “yes”. We quickly left the room and made sure to turn on the light to indicate that we wanted the room made up when we left. When we came back, it still wasn’t made up. When I called the front desk about it, I was told it was because we had the “Do Not Disturb” light on. I looked over and the light was still on requesting service, plus they had called and I had told them to please come and make up the room…so why I wasn’t sure why I was hearing excuses. It was an isolated incident, but it was a little annoying.

- There is no room service, so that’s the only reason I listed it as “terrible”. Really, there’s great service all around, so it was weird to hear someone say “We don’t do that.”

- Ceiling fans in the rooms are dated and look cheap. Something like that should be an easy swap to get a better look for not much money. Not really an issue, just an idea for improvements I would want to hear if I owned the place.

- Outdoor fitness center is a nice idea, but after the sun gets up, it was really just too hot and humid to go in there and work out. Sure, it’s open 24 hours so we could go in and work out at night, but by that point we were tired. Maybe more fans in there would help? Plus the equipment is a little limited in there. I’ve seen better fitness centers at MUCH lesser quality hotels. But of course we’re not choosing where to relax based on the size and temperature of the fitness center. :-)

- The pirate ship restaurant…it just looks odd to have something that looks like a kiddy ride at Disney World in the middle of the beautiful beach and wonderful (and child-free) resort. Again, not really an issue, just an idea for improvements I would want to hear if I owned the place.

- The bungalows…gladly we didn’t stay there since it turned out that the two that “face” the beach are right across a small walkway from a shared bathroom for the pool and restaurant. The pictures on the website make it look bigger than it is and the map of the property doesn’t show the bathrooms or walkway between the pool & the decks for the bungalows. We talked to one couple who had booked a room in the bungalow and quickly switched rooms once they stayed there a night. The website does say it’s “Nestled between the main Bucuti Beach building and the stylish infinity pool”, but leaves out the bathroom part….I just think the map should accurately show the layout of the resort so people can really know what they’re getting for their money when they book those rooms.

- Breakfast included was great, but there was almost no variety during our week there. The lunch we had wasn’t very good (gazpacho, chicken wrap, & roast beef wrap) for the price and quality everywhere else at the Bucuti so we didn’t eat a meal there again. We did have a great dessert (mango cream brulet) on the deck after we came back from dinner elsewhere, so clearly the cooks can make some things very well. I think it just needs some polishing for it to be as great as the rest of Bucuti.

But all these minor things would not stop us from going back again. I can’t imagine any other place doing more things right than these folks did during our trip. And my favorite part….the owner of the place comes by and talks to his guests. I can’t think of any other place where the actual owner (not a manager….the OWNER) goes to that length to make sure his guests are happy. We will gladly go back there again.

4  Thank DaveRR71
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

In reply to: Fantastic (with some minor recommendations)”

We are grateful for your comments and recommendations and please read below what we have in mind about remediation.

We have revised our procedure on the dehumidifiers and have instructed the staff to set the units at 70% humidity and empty all during daytime service and once again during turndown service in the evening. Nevertheless there may be days with high humidity creating the need for a third service. An option or recommendation would be to turn off the dehumidifier before going to sleep or if the humming noise is desirable, to set the unit at 90% humidity during the sleeping hours.

We will also set out to make sure that anyone who has requested make up service will be given service no matter what time of the day or evening it is requested.

Manager Deborah says that the new fans in the restaurant and fitness center look real good and we are now considering placing them in all rooms.
The fitness center received four fans but the rods need to be longer by a yard to increase their efficiency. This is a work in progress.

Our plan to remove the ship (I hate the ship as well) was “torpedoed “ by building permits and land issues and therefore we will have to wait until all the pieces are in place to ship the ship to the recycling bin (we actually recycle concrete and cement block in Aruba)

As to the map of the bungalow –we are looking at a better way to describe and depict its location so there are no surprises. Our repeat guest mostly reserves the bungalow and therefore we had not faced this question before, but wish to make sure we are being fully descriptive.

We do add a daily breakfast special to our buffet, made of Caribbean and Aruban specialities. Just recently we also added two types of oatmeal dishes to the already extensive selection of tropical fruits, breads, cereals, eggs to order, pancakes, sausages, bacon, 5 different meats and 5 sorts of cheeses, varieties of coffees and organic teas etc.

We are contemplating a test run at room service and depending on demand will consider adding this service.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@bucuti.com

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Tara Suites 10/2 - 10/14/11. We had room 304 on the 1st floor. The staff pleasantly greeted us with a glass of champange and all the information we needed for our stay at the hotel. The room was modern and very clean with plenty of room for our two week stay. The best part of the room was the back entrance that was a few feet away from the sand and a great view of the ocean. The breakfast was very good with plenty of options but my wife would have liked the choice of hash browns, gravy and biscuits. Nina and Mary Anne were very helpful in making suggestions on activities and making the reservations for us. House keeping kept our room clean and even washed our dirty dishes for us everyday. The only issue with house keeping was that they only left 1 or 2 wash cloths each day even though they left 4 towels. Every evening we had to get them to bring us extra wash cloths but not really an issue for me. We used the Sand Bar and red flag service way too much but appreciated the convenience. Angelo is by far the hardest working man in Aruba. He is always doing something from bringing drinks or food to people, cleaning tables and chairs, setting up for movie night, etc. No matter what he is doing it's always with a smile. The entire staff at the resort are hard working and always friendly, respectful and helpful. The resort is definitely for people who want to relax and enjoy a peaceful place to stay, which is why we chose Bucuti. We didn't eat at the Pirates Nest but did enjoy a pizza and lasagna at Pizza Bob's directly across the street. Just around the corner in the next resort is a restaraunt called Matthew's and I highly recommend it for the view and resonably priced delicious meals. I do have one knock on Bucuti and that is the lack of hot water in the shower. The showers are luke warm at best and although you get used to the water we couldn't wait to take a hot shower when we returned home. I would definitely recommend Bucuti to anyone that wants a relaxing vacation in one of the most beautiful places you can visit.

3  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I spent a week at Bucuti, for our honeymoon. The hotel grounds are well kept and are constantly worked on, but the workers stay out of your way and don't interfere with you at all! As in any place, some of the staff could be better, but overall the staff was very friendly and very willing to help. Every time we needed something the staff was willing to do whatever it took. After cabbing it from the airport (which we recommend against the bus transfer), we were met immediately by a bellman at the cab to help with bags. We were moved through the traditional lobby directly to the Tara building check in which was fast and convenient. (we had done the advance check in on line which seemed to have value). The Tara Beach Suite we were led to was fantastic. The building was intimate and clean and every room faced the ocean to a view i could only describe as spectacular. Comfortable bed, fairly spacious, but really nice suite. We hope to book the Penthouse, next trip. The bathrooms in therooms seemed to be much more contemporary. Pool=perfect. Beach=Perfect. Breakfast daily (nice but a change of pace wouldn't hurt). They have done a fantastic job here. if you want an intimate troical vacation spot, we would recommend 100%. i guess this is the best endorsement we WILL be back.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tara Suites.
2  Thank MegsV